The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I can't explain it or justify it but there's something about Davie White which makes me feel uncomfortable. 

Something about an assistant stepping in three times and still not being deemed good enough to do the job full time?

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Something about an assistant stepping in three times and still not being deemed good enough to do the job full time?

It’s such a shame but fully understand the guy’s reluctance. He has stepped in and steadied so many sinking ships but football management is not for everyone and we have to accept that. He might just have been Alex Ferguson or he might just have crashed and burned. We will never know but I’ll bet his family knows him a lot better than a lot of full time managers families know their dad/grampa.,

19 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean I wouldn’t stand and shout abuse either, but the acceptance to just stand and accept any old shite and applaud it off is tragic. 

It wasn't the fans clapping them off enthusiastically for a good performance  but the team took the trouble to come and thank the fans  for coming. They got a little abuse and a polite thanks in return. It was all pretty low key.

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I mean I wouldn’t stand and shout abuse either, but the acceptance to just stand and accept any old shite and applaud it off is tragic. 

I'm a firm believer in the standard you accept being the standard you expect. Likewise I wouldn't abuse the players either. I tend to leave a couple of minutes early when I'm pissed off. Best all round.

55 minutes ago, Peil said:

Early start the night?  Fair play

Billy Dodds has consistently managed/coached in the lower part of the premier league/upper part of the championship since 2008

Inverness fans were sick of him but they went further in the Scottish last year and finished in the play-offs under him. They finished in the play-offs both seasons he was manager. I would say that that would make him a safer pair of hands than Bullen which was my point. 

Would I want him as manager? he wouldn't be in my top five

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I know people who have known Davie Whyte since he was at school, they said he is a lovely guy, great coach, gets the most out of people but is in no way capable of being a football manager. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

If Billy Dodds is the answer, we're asking the wrong question. I don't want that wee barrel anywhere near my club.

I'll just say again because it seems to have gone over some peoples head. I said he'd be a safer pair of hands than Bullen. 

What I didn't say was, Billy Dodds would be the answer to all Ayrs problems and we should hire him as a priority, Billy Dodds is the man and I am 100% behind appointing him. Billy Dodds#1 he is the saviour of Ayr.  

Just to clarify. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I know people who have known Davie Whyte since he was at school, they said he is a lovely guy, great coach, gets the most out of people but is in no way capable of being a football manager. 

To be fair, is it possible those people aren't qualified to make such a determination? 🤓

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Billy Dodds has consistently managed/coached in the lower part of the premier league/upper part of the championship since 2008

Inverness fans were sick of him but they went further in the Scottish last year and finished in the play-offs under him. They finished in the play-offs both seasons he was manager. I would say that that would make him a safer pair of hands than Bullen which was my point. 

Would I want him as manager? he wouldn't be in my top five

He wouldn’t be in my top 100. I’d rather give Bullen a ten year contract than employ him.

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

To be fair, is it possible those people aren't qualified to make such a determination? 🤓

They more or less said he was a bit wet, quiet and didn't really push himself forward for anything. When you consider he's been caretaker 3 times and said every time that he doesn't want to be a manager, maybe they have a point. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

They more or less said he was a bit wet, quiet and didn't really push himself forward for anything. When you consider he's been caretaker 3 times and said every time that he doesn't want to be a manager, maybe they have a point. 

Yeah and it's also okay to not want to be a manager, being in the limelight and the firing line 24/7. Even if he is management material. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Based on what?

I do not think Billy Dodds is a better manager than Bullen. I don’t think he’s a manager to help stabilise a team in a tricky situation. I don’t think there’s any evidence at all that can show that Dodds would be a better choice than Bullen. 

His career as a number two doesn’t mean we should consider him especially when you consider that the person we employ right now has coached at a higher level than him.