The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd rather we signed Hamilton personally, both look like a risk but Hamilton has youth and potential on his side. 

Hopefully we get both, or Hamilton on a short term deal at least to see how he gets on. 

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

do wonder if thats Hamilton out the door or maybe still the potential of signing both?

Can’t see us signing Hamilton now as we’ve got Musonda/Stanger/McMann/Devlin and at a push McAllister to cover centre back. Think we’ll possibly see a centre mid come in and that will be our lot. That would take our squad up to 28 and we can obviously only have 20 in a match day squad so think we’ll see a few go out on loan 

Just now, Coollestersmoothe said:

Very decent signing. Really pleased to see us bringing in known and proven players recently.

So now he’s here, are we pushing McMann to left back or replacing Stanger as the starting CB? 

likely won't start yet but have to wait and see what he can do

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

likely won't start yet but have to wait and see what he can do

Aye you’d expect Devlin to maybe be ready for league action but I’d be surprised if he’s ready for the league cup games. Maybe against Buckie at a push. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'd rather we signed Hamilton personally, both look like a risk but Hamilton has youth and potential on his side. 

Hopefully we get both, or Hamilton on a short term deal at least to see how he gets on. 

Unless Hamilton agree to waive the development fee we wouldn't buy him for probably a good whack (under 17 & 19 caps gonna be expensive) and only sign a short contract.  Think we'll move away from him now. 

I'd guess our squad is fairly set until January now unless there's injuries before the window closes.  

I think we will use the full backs depending on the opposition, Reading didn't look comfortable when he was pushed back on Tuesday and it may have been a better game for McCann at left back. I think there could be a fair amount of rotation. 

Rus needs managed, so does Watret, they will need a rest every month or so, Musonda will get injured and the midfield wont be the same week to week. 

If we get one more, it needs to be a forward. 

i feel more inclined to believe they would move Stanger over to RB but the fact these tough choices are on the table means it shows we got for once in time for league season good squad depth

Just now, itzdrk said:

Unless Hamilton agree to waive the development fee we wouldn't buy him for probably a good whack (under 17 & 19 caps gonna be expensive) and only sign a short contract.  Think we'll move away from him now. 

I'd guess our squad is fairly set until January now unless there's injuries before the window closes.  

Still think we’ll add one more. Not ITK in the slightest but can still see a midfielder coming in. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

He's 23 in March, if they were to hold out for a fee, they would be putting him out the game for 8 months. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He's 23 in March, if they were to hold out for a fee, they would be putting him out the game for 8 months. 

Not the first time it's happened and it won't be the last.  

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Still think we’ll add one more. Not ITK in the slightest but can still see a midfielder coming in. 

I hope we do. And I hope it's in the Jamie Adams mould. We've been crying out for a proper CDM/general hard nut in the middle of the park. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm sure we will as well, we must be approaching the end of the budget for this window though and some lessons surely learned with the midfield crisis last August.