The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Without the early bird, it's not as worth it. A season ticket, even with the discount would get you - all league games all friendlies, all cup games across all competitions and a discount in the club shop. 

Now you only get 18 league games and the price has gone up most years, its really not that attractive to buy one. 

If it is all about numbers, offer under 12's season tickets for £10 and sell 200-300 of them. 

7 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

We must have a LOT of walk up patrons.

I also know of one fan who is about to miss his second game of the season already, due to shiftwork, and is likely to miss more, negating any financial benefit of having a Season Ticket.

Maybe a flexi-ticket that would give the club some money in the summer but wouldn't be quite as heavy a hit to the wallet as a season ticket? Dunno if you could count it against season book sales but it might help with financial planning.

I live 1hr 30mins away. Usually get a few pints, so I need to stay at my mums when I’m down. I work monday to Friday, so Saturdays are pretty sacred. It’s a huge rigmarole to go to a(usually pish) game.  Probably get to Somerset 10-12 games a season because of that. So I go often enough that I’m not a casual walk up, but not often enough to warrant buying a season ticket. 

Something where you could buy a ticket which gets you, say, 5 games would be ideal. Especially for fans in my position. The club need to be more innovative about ticketing options, beyond just pushing season tickets. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

54 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

First of all the club need to identify, realistically, who are the future/extra season ticket holders.

Is it the kids?  Lapsed fans?  Walk ups?  All 3?

At this moment in time, we will have the number of season ticket holders that reflects where the club has been for a generation - bouncing between the 2nd and 3rd tier.

That won’t change overnight, regardless of how well we are playing (McCall’s teams proved that).

Now, the club is doing a lot, granted but to have a quicker uplift, we need a trophy or promotion.

It’s a huge ask to alter both habits and expenditure at the same time.  “Hey you, come to Somerset every other week and give me £300, cheers”

In my humble opinion, I think there needs to be more match day attraction.  If it’s pishing down, the hub can only take so many.  If it’s howling, the wind will cut you in two on the SRE.

We need more match day options for everyone.  It’s great having a wee kick about with a goalie outside the hub etc, but it needs to be more.  People are pampered and lazy these days, and a gust of wind or a raindrop on their window can just be enough to say “no thanks”.

👌 Been saying for years, the match day experience needs improved. Unless you want to get pished, it really is shit. My two had season tickets with me when I last had one and they were bored stupid. Used to cost me a fortune on chips and capri f**kin suns ha! 

That beautiful, fresh tarmacked car park is crying out for a tailgate party event. Say from 11am. BBQ's, meet the player, few footie stalls... nothing mental.... but gains need to be made in attracting families, or the club is stuck with our crabit, aging asses haha! You only have to look at how F1 has been turned around and popularised over the last few years with this US. family day out approach... Night and Day, off the track. 

I also stated before, the Ayr Scottish Eagles and Centrum drew huge local crowds, which shows, if you put something entertaining on, the town will show up, week in, week out.

I just want the club to try something left field... It might not work, but sure as f**k, is worth the effort trying!?

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

Coming out of the summer, folk who have bought a season ticket also had 4 games at Somerset, £70 plus any new kit they wanted to buy. 
Non-season ticket holders had the same, plus £66 for the next 3 Saturdays £136 in 6 weeks is a lot for people. 

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Coming out of the summer, folk who have bought a season ticket also had 4 games at Somerset, £70 plus any new kit they wanted to buy. 
Non-season ticket holders had the same, plus £66 for the next 3 Saturdays £136 in 6 weeks is a lot for people. 

Definitely not a working man's game anymore.... I make a lil more than min wage and following the club I love, in the manner I want to, is almost unattainable. Unless I give up, say my yearly holiday abroad to do so..... and my holiday abroad, still wouldn't really cover the realistic cost of following a team for a season tbh.

I'm away on hols in a few wks, instead of a crappy oneils tap, I bought the Scotland Euros adidas tap from JD... Discounted down to 55 last week. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

16 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I also stated before, the Ayr Scottish Eagles and Centrum drew huge local crowds, which shows, if you put something entertaining on, the town will show up, week in, week out.

In fairness, it is technically true that the Clan will be returning to Ayr this Friday.

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

👌 Been saying for years, the match day experience needs improved. Unless you want to get pished, it really is shit. My two had season tickets with me when I last had one and they were bored stupid. Used to cost me a fortune on chips and capri f**kin suns ha! 

That beautiful, fresh tarmacked car park is crying out for a tailgate party event. Say from 11am. BBQ's, meet the player, few footie stalls... nothing mental.... but gains need to be made in attracting families, or the club is stuck with our crabit, aging asses haha! You only have to look at how F1 has been turned around and popularised over the last few years with this US. family day out approach... Night and Day, off the track. 

I just want the club to try something left field... It might not work, but sure as f**k, is worth the effort trying!?

I think people would be interested in lots of different things if they were pitched right. For example, have a 6pm 'debrief' by one of the coaches after each Saturday game. Host it in whichever part of the ground has the right capacity for the level of interest, probably hospitality. Show a couple of passages of play from the game and have the coach break it down. Starting at 6 means not only can the club make money from paid entry, there's also going to be good business at the bar until it starts.

17 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I would love the club to arrange some sort of American style ‘tailgate cook out’ in the car park pre game. Or in Scottish terms, a bbq and a bag of cans next to your car. 

I can't see it being an overly hard thing to arrange. Okay, we're not as reliable weather wise... but a few big marquees or something just incase. Not as full on as an open day, just a chilled kinda affair. Grab a beer wae broon (alcohol free for him pre game I'd imagine) 

Maybe there would be licensing laws to manoeuvre around but if you can lay on the grass at burns fest with a cargo, or any other of these local events... I can't see there being an issue. 

Footnote to this. I've had a few dealings with the commercial manager for events. He's been great, fast responding and a pleasure to deal with, but he seems to have a lot lower profile than our previous one (who I disliked hugely) But G was certainly more proactive publicity. 

We all know the people at the club who want to read this forum, do so. As well as taking in Social Media comments, so come on backroom management... do some research and let's start family orientating this club because realistically, for the price of a 2hr trip to Sommset to watch the footie, you can take the kids to farm park for the day, or jump the train and ferry Arran, or any number of other days out.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

15 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I would love the club to arrange some sort of American style ‘tailgate cook out’ in the car park pre game. Or in Scottish terms, a bbq and a bag of cans next to your car. 

Scottish folk cannae be trusted with alcohol outside a fitba game

Proper tailgates are f**kin quality though...helps that you don't need to get hammered before going into watch a crap game, because you can get hammered during if you so desire :) 

2 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Scottish folk cannae be trusted with alcohol outside a fitba game

Proper tailgates are f**kin quality though...helps that you don't need to get hammered before going into watch a crap game, because you can get hammered during if you so desire :) 

Fair 🤣

The club have came on leaps and bounds in the last few seasons it's just a bit of a perfect storm that the club is improving but folk have less disposable income that ever, in and ideal world the club would reduce the ST and PATG prices but them we struggle to make money off the park, it's not an early thing to fix 

17 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

The club have came on leaps and bounds in the last few seasons it's just a bit of a perfect storm that the club is improving but folk have less disposable income that ever, in and ideal world the club would reduce the ST and PATG prices but them we struggle to make money off the park, it's not an early thing to fix 

For me, it's more about making it worth spending your hand earned money on. Hopefully that'll start to happen this season and continue. That's a different issue from making it more a family day out and value for money. Because we all spend money on that. 

I'd of wet my aufc shorts as a pre teen to have met a few player pre game. 

As a parent, I'd of loved to have had a more engaging 'day out' with my kids on a Saturday at aufc than was on offer at the time when they were younger.... the point being, now they  ain't interested in Ayr/footie because their memory of aufc and football was a cold, boring 2hrs, eating shit chips and being shat on by seagulls. They had panda pals season tickets for 5yrs then didn't want to go back. Even when they had season tics, they rarely went to winter games. The Toilets, we one of the things that made the experience horrific for a wee person lol.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

4 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

@Caledoniando you just come here to riddy folk? Or do you wish to share an opinion instead of just being meh 🤔🤣

2 hours ago, Iain said:

I think people would be interested in lots of different things if they were pitched right. For example, have a 6pm 'debrief' by one of the coaches after each Saturday game. Host it in whichever part of the ground has the right capacity for the level of interest, probably hospitality. Show a couple of passages of play from the game and have the coach break it down. Starting at 6 means not only can the club make money from paid entry, there's also going to be good business at the bar until it starts.

Imagine being a coach in there after a defeat in front of some boozed up fans ? Think there is a reason why no club does that 

6 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I'd of wet my aufc shorts as a pre teen to have met a few player pre game. 

I once got to meet the 2002/03 squad and watch a game from the directors box. Genuinely never been as star struck by any famous person I have met as I was to meet Craig Nelson, James Grady, David Craig etc.

Still have this hanging up on my wall.

20240807_172756.thumb.jpg.40e2375289ab9a1a43ca1a0ecd78ee3b.jpg

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Imagine being a coach in there after a defeat in front of some boozed up fans ? Think there is a reason why no club does that 

Brutal, although so is listening to the present post game interviews lol. Never mind that bud, get your worst bbq apron looked out haha!