The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Brilliant win. What's that, 5 wins v Airdrie on the spin? Pleasing! 

Maybe it was just my vantage point but both times it sounded like they were announcing the scorer as "Jew Henderson" 😂

It's a subtle way of getting sponsors announced with scorers

JEW HenderSON builders merchants

I haven't seen a performance that damn good in bloody ages! Solid at the back, slick in the midfield and we always looked like scoring every time we went forward. Ten nil would have been a more realistic score line! 

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND FELLOW AYR FANS!

That was a tremendous performance tonight, we look the real deal, just need a bit of depth to ensure we're covered when injuries, suspensions and bad form comes in.

Now to the negatives, I can't believe we've build a class stand like we have and the main camera for the TV is set up on scaffold in front of the seats. The commentators were literally in the first row of the stand in the middle of the railway end half. Surely this was looked at? Additional cameras were peeking through the areas of the stand that havent been completed. I saw that picture of people sitting behind the camera. Opportunity missed here

On it from the first whistle. absolutely relentless performance. When Hastie and Walker came on, they were trying too hard in an attempt to get in the game. 

Airdrie looked no better or worse than last season. loads of good, individual footballers but not good as a unit. the disconnect between Hancock and the left side centre back caused about 10 direct chances in the first half. They look like a team of flash b*****ds from 5's that spend the night doing flicks and tricks, trying worldies and not really giving a shit about the score. 

Musonda got pumped at right back but ironically was very good going forward. I don't think Stone had a save to make of note. the defence was switched on for the full game as opposed to the 87 minutes previously. 

A very good night.

5 minutes ago, diege said:

That was a tremendous performance tonight, we look the real deal, just need a bit of depth to ensure we're covered when injuries, suspensions and bad form comes in.

Now to the negatives, I can't believe we've build a class stand like we have and the main camera for the TV is set up on scaffold in front of the seats. The commentators were literally in the first row of the stand in the middle of the railway end half. Surely this was looked at? Additional cameras were peeking through the areas of the stand that havent been completed. I saw that picture of people sitting behind the camera. Opportunity missed here

Its up to the BBC to find the best position, its not up to the club to build a stadium in the hope the BBC come to film some games. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Its up to the BBC to find the best position, its not up to the club to build a stadium in the hope the BBC come to film some games. 

Show us in the best light, to accommodate them we're blocking peoples views and giving up space for their commentators. wouldn't have been difficult to integrate to the plans for the stadium. Still think they could build a platform above the entrance to the hospitality between the two McDonald's advert boards. If we have ambitions of going up, Sky will want decent positions. Your thought process is so small time.

BBC camera was clearly on a purpose built bit. (Those steps only lead to where he's standing, not into the stand). 

PXL_20240809_184745262.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

75’ Mark McKenzie is subbed on.

77’ Ayr United score a goal.

Coincidence? I think not. 

He kicked some jobber's c**t in instantly, beautiful. 

9 minutes ago, diege said:

If we have ambitions of going up, Sky will want decent positions. Your thought process is so small time.

The holy grail of football. Sky have a prominent camera position in your stadium

f**k.me.

The holy grail of football. Sky have a prominent camera position in your stadium

f**k.me.

No, future proof your stadium ya idiot!

f**k me

f**k.me.

Michael Stewart had to sit in the stand rather than in a tent on some scaffold. 

We should be deducted 15 points

Michael Stewart had to sit in the stand rather than in a tent on some scaffold. 

We should be deducted 15 points

Seriously wish you didn't hide behind a username on here and we could have a decent conversation if I ever bumped into you at a game. You really do grind my gears

1 minute ago, diege said:

No, future proof your stadium ya idiot!

f**k me

We should spend extra money building a stand to accommodate cameras, bearing in mind a third of which is mothballed due to cost -  on the off chance we are playing the old firm in a key match or, if we are promoted, they come to film a quota game against Ross County?

sit down

We should spend extra money building a stand to accommodate cameras, bearing in mind a third of which is mothballed due to cost -  on the off chance we are playing the old firm in a key match or, if we are promoted, they come to film a quota game against Ross County?

sit down

Shut up

seething etc

Yeah, because you're the most up and down supporter I read on this forum. Negative to positive, high to low. You hide behind this username and for all I know, I've spoken to you. Think most will know who I am on the terrace, come say hi sometime so I can determine if yer a gid c**t or not

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was miles ahead of everyone in the Falkirk game, he stood out in the Dundee United game and was quiet in the Buckie game, he had 8 team mates in front of him for most of the game though. 
we beat Hamilton 2-0 another full time team, where he scored a goal, we weren’t over ran in midfield, a midfield with Dempsey and Rus in it, bearing in mind we had midfields over ran with Dempsey, Young and Syla last season. 

Is this some kind of edgy, Hipster thing you are pulling here Like saying the Beatles were overrated or something? 

Pure Da reply btw, incapable of objectivity. 

Rus is a player and has done really well for us this far but he e didn't score against Hamilton 🙃, hopefully he does on Saturday. 

The point being made is that he isn't involved for the vast majority of the match and then comes up with something cool down the left, he was exactly the same tonight.  We've all watched enough football to know this will eventually be worked out.  The point is around what we do then. 

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pure Da reply btw, incapable of objectivity. 

Rus is a player and has done really well for us this far but he e didn't score against Hamilton 🙃, hopefully he does on Saturday. 

The point being made is that he isn't involved for the vast majority of the match and then comes up with something cool down the left, he was exactly the same tonight.  We've all watched enough football to know this will eventually be worked out.  The point is around what we do then. 

Totally agree, Rus disappears in games but when he does something its usually something special. He'll grow a reputation in the next few months and will either be kicked to hell, or someone higher up will be sniffing about him.

He's contributing massively. even when playing two forwards and he is expected to take up some of the work in the middle of the park. Excellent