The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

That was the best I've seen us at Somerset since I can remember. Musonda and Henderson linked up brilliantly along the the right hand side in the first half. Dempsey was outstanding and won everything in the middle. Rus once again was brilliant at driving us forward and picked out some excellent passes. Was absolutely buzzing when I got in from the game but it's hard not to get carried away! 

Only moan (because I just have to)is as others mentioned, the amateur camera placement. Also hope they are planning on putting toilets into the unfinished ends of the new stand? Because the toilet situation is a bit of a shambles at half time.

You would think there's some sort of min toilet per head quota issued by S.A.C./H.S.E.?

54 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

That was the best I've seen us at Somerset since I can remember. Musonda and Henderson linked up brilliantly along the the right hand side in the first half. Dempsey was outstanding and won everything in the middle. Rus once again was brilliant at driving us forward and picked out some excellent passes. Was absolutely buzzing when I got in from the game but it's hard not to get carried away! 

Only moan (because I just have to)is as others mentioned, the amateur camera placement. Also hope they are planning on putting toilets into the unfinished ends of the new stand? Because the toilet situation is a bit of a shambles at half time.

The north terrace never had any toilets tbf

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

The north terrace never had any toilets tbf

Aye but there used to have a couple of troughs and 2 cubicles for the mens and however many cubicles in the ladies. Now it's just been replaces by 6 cubicles for everyone which isn't anywhere near enough for the entire North terrace alone nevermind the SRE as well. 

Edited by Rodders1910

5 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Only negative I would say about last night from watching on the TV it sounded on the whole as if the atmosphere was flat as a pancake.

If you're demolishing a team 5-0 at home the place should be rocking

Unless the BBC mics just didn't pick up...

Must have been the mics, I watched the first half from the North Terrace, but the atmosphere in the Somerset Road End for the second half was brilliant. 

5 hours ago, Iain said:

camera positions available that don't involve blocking the view of supporters in the ground

Yes. I agree with that, but that bit is up to the club to enforce to the BBC. 

As I mentioned before, a third of the main stand is mothballed due to cost. Where do you put a camera gantry in the north stand that doesn’t change the layout, block someone’s view or mean splitting the hospitality boxes up  in order to fit them in that doesn’t impact the cost of building the stand. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Where? 

The c**t owns a construction company with a whole host of staff to decide that kinda thing. Why you trying to force this issue and make us decide where it should be? I've already said a page ago, get the f**king thing in the old stand, looking at the new stand and out the f**kin way of fans. Honestly, yer really grinding my gears the day!

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

The c**t owns a construction company with a whole host of staff to decide that kinda thing. Why you trying to force this issue and make us decide where it should be? I've already said a page ago, get the f**king thing in the old stand, looking at the new stand and out the f**kin way of fans. Honestly, yer really grinding my gears the day!

It’ll still be in the way of fans if it’s in the old stand though. It’s not exactly a small piece of equipment. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Yes. I agree with that, but that bit is up to the club to enforce to the BBC. 

As I mentioned before, a third of the main stand is mothballed due to cost. Where do you put a camera gantry in the north stand that doesn’t change the layout, block someone’s view or mean splitting the hospitality boxes up  in order to fit them in that doesn’t impact the cost of building the stand. 

We just built a new stand. We had it in our gift to facilitate a camera that does not impede paying customers view. In the scheme of the cost of the stand it wouldn’t have been ridiculous to include such a facility. 

Anyway, this is the good thing about SLOs. Hopefully they’ve been made aware and it’s something to pass on to Smith or Mathie. FWIW I think it’s worth having a permanent feature in place for cameras as our highlights package would look so much better from that height. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’ll still be in the way of fans if it’s in the old stand though. It’s not exactly a small piece of equipment. 

I don't mean plank the thing in the middle, in the way of everyone.

But find a space, on that whole side of the park. Find a work around, find a solution to the problem. It was embarrassing seeing that last night, as well as yer grans garden gazebo in the corner. Embarrassing!!

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Anyway, this is the good thing about SLOs. Hopefully they’ve been made aware and it’s something to pass on to Smith or Mathie. FWIW I think it’s worth having a permanent feature in place for cameras as our highlights package would look so much better from that height. 

I've already stated, both SLO's are already ingrained in at Sommset and are 'yes' People. They won't influence or change a thing, not even the lack of jam in the empire biscuits!

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I've already stated, both SLO's are already ingrained in at Sommset and are 'yes' People. They won't influence or change a thing, not even the lack of jam in the empire biscuits!

You’ve stated this without anything to back it up so it’s about as valid as the opinions of people who actually enjoy empire biscuits. 

You can criticise a lot of stuff but criticising two folk who haven’t been in the job a month is rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You’ve stated this without anything to back it up so it’s about as valid as the opinions of people who actually enjoy empire biscuits. 

You can criticise a lot of stuff but criticising two folk who haven’t been in the job a month is rubbish. 

Knowing both for 20+ yrs and knowing boths previous and current family involved within the club, as well as their own. Anyway, time will tell and I'll stand corrected if they change anything of worth, at all. And I'll even buy them a drink and tell them I shared this opinion. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

10 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

You and your angry pals from last night are getting quite aggressive on here. Its tragic that grown adults get so worked up about a football forum. 

Two or three folk have said we should have built something.

where? 

Newstandcopy.thumb.jpeg.afe369daf71af946b74d4d3f74f41cef.jpeg

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

You and your angry pals from last night are getting quite aggressive on here. Its tragic that grown adults get so worked up about a football forum. 

Two or three folk have said we should have built something.

where? 

Newstandcopy.thumb.jpeg.afe369daf71af946b74d4d3f74f41cef.jpeg

You really have issues, like really really. Blocked.