The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There was an area built for camera ( Tv) at a reasonable height to which Tv company did not want as it is not on halfway line , due to hospitality boxes getting preference at halfway line ( correct decision ) think club made right decision and kept the boxes as the priority as it has clients every game and TV only guarantee 2 games per season 

Edited by Finlay21

Just now, Rodders1910 said:

Overstepped the mark with that empire biscuit comment. Grow up.

Sorry Gran.

Crumbly, bland shortbread biscuits. They are quite possibly the Lee Bullen of bakery goods. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Or have the camera on the AU media scaffold on the other side of the pitch. 

The club did a big push for north stand season tickets in the summer and block the view of some the first time they show up, like many things with the club, it tends to f**k up and react rather than make sure they don't f**k up in the first place. 

5-0 against Airdrie and a winning start will mean we will likely be prominent in the next round of fixtures picked for Tv. 

The camera position in front of the main stand is woeful, which probably explains why the TV companies historically never used it.  

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

will likely be prominent in the next round of fixtures picked for Tv. 

You should only get 2 home games per season , , so this will only arise once more 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

There was an area built for camera ( Tv) at a reasonable height to which Tv company did not want as it is not on halfway line , due to hospitality boxes getting preference at halfway line ( correct decision ) think club made right decision and kept the boxes as the priority as it has clients every game and TV only guarantee 2 games per season 

We must have enough entertainment credit in the bank now to tell the BBC to shut up and do as they’re told next time they come. Their viewing figures must’ve quintupled after half time last night as kids around the world found a TV to watch Rus and Dempsey.

10 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

We did just scud airdrie 5-0 last night, right? 

Yes we did. And we’re top of the league. No goal’s conceded and a goal difference of +7. Falkirk leading the chase to catch us. So cute. Home game and only game in the championship next week giving us the chance to go 3 clear at the top. Squad looking ‘valuable’ and most of them on multi year deals. Oh, and we’re not being bought by a crypto currency bloke who likes to invent words. Bring on the rest of the season. Let’s get “phygital”.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sorry Gran.

Crumbly, bland shortbread biscuits. They are quite possibly the Lee Bullen of bakery goods. 

Absolutely foaming at the mouth here at the fact you've compared anything shortbread related to Lee Bullen.

And yes, my granny did introduce me to the delights of empire biscuits.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

There was an area built for camera ( Tv) at a reasonable height to which Tv conpany did not want as it is not on halfway line , due to hospitality boxes getting preference at halfway line ( correct decision ) think club made right decision and kept the boxes as the priority as it has clients every game and TV only guarantee 2 games per season 

Presume you are talking about the 2 positions in line with the 18 yard box?  If so, the TV companies were never going to use it as their main camera position.   A camera position could also have been used by our own in-house media team as well for highlights and streaming, with streaming in particular only going to become more important in the years ahead.

But in the end, we’ve ended up with a camera position that is blocking people’s view from the new stand.  Don’t get how that can ever be viewed as the correct decision.

Just now, Nelson said:

Presume you are talking about the 2 positions in line with the 18 yard box?  If so, the TV companies were never going to use it as their main camera position.   A camera position could also have been used by our own in-house media team as well for highlights and streaming, with streaming in particular only going to become more important in the years ahead.

But in the end, we’ve ended up with a camera position that is blocking people’s view from the new stand.  Don’t get how that can ever be viewed as the correct decision.

Right next to the box on the railway end side of the halfway line there is a window for a TV camera. Probably about 10 yards off the halfway line at most so I don’t see why the BBC don’t just take it.

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Absolutely foaming at the mouth here at the fact you've compared anything shortbread related to Lee Bullen.

Shortbread done right is class. I won’t argue there. However the shortbread that you get when eating an empire biscuit falls to bits and half of it ends up in your lap. 

I’ve certainly never heard of anyone buying an empire biscuit at a game of football.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Shortbread done right is class. I won’t argue there. However the shortbread that you get when eating an empire biscuit falls to bits and half of it ends up in your lap. 

I’ve certainly never heard of anyone buying an empire biscuit at a game of football.

Shortbread is always class - even when it's shite.

Just now, Rodders1910 said:

Shortbread is always class - even when it's shite.

We’re going to have to agree to disagree on this matter. 

Think that’s the first time I’ve ever said that on P&B. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Sorry Gran.

4 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Did not see this new front being opened in the great thread wars. This really takes the biscuit. My take?  Granny’s are class and empire biscuits are the poor man’s millionaire shortbread.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Did not see this new front being opened in the great thread wars. This really takes the biscuit. My take?  Granny’s are class and empire biscuits are the poor man’s millionaire shortbread.

Also good but ever so slightly too sweet 

9 minutes ago, Nelson said:

No there was a media room built halfway between those gaps  and the hospitality suite , the window that is higher than all others which opens up to allow room for camera 

7 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Right next to the box on the railway end side of the halfway line there is a window for a TV camera. Probably about 10 yards off the halfway line at most so I don’t see why the BBC don’t just take it.

Don’t think there is.  10 yards from the halfway line is still the hospitality box.  As far as I can see, there are camera positions in line with the 18 yard boxes at either end, but they are obviously unsuitable for the main camera position.