The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

When Bullen was talking about how much he had to basically coddle Tomi. Could you imagine Brown being of the temperament to take that approach to him. Not a chance in hell. Just after the Falkirk game he was talking about how there's 11 places up for grabs.

Managers need to adapt sometimes… 

Particularly when the level of striker in this league is so poor this year, Tomi would go straight in at the top two or three.

By the sounds of it, Brown was up for working with Tomi anyway - circumstances just didn’t work out in the end. It’s not like he wouldn’t have been fully aware of what Tomi was like as a player/person either. 

20 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

When Bullen was talking about how much he had to basically coddle Tomi. Could you imagine Brown being of the temperament to take that approach to him. Not a chance in hell. Just after the Falkirk game he was talking about how there's 11 places up for grabs.

If he inherited Tomi or Dipo he'd find a way to make it work but he would not sign guys you need to hold their hand and make get on the bus to a game.  

8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If he inherited Tomi or Dipo he'd find a way to make it work but he would not sign guys you need to hold their hand and make get on the bus to a game.  

I think you are right if he had a choice of different players, but in the situation where we were desperate…

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you are right if he had a choice of different players, but in the situation where we were desperate…

And I think that’s why we’ve ended up with McLennan. He’s not the out and out number 9 that we needed but he’s a forward and Brown will be hoping he gets a few goals to keep us going until January when we will likely use the loan market in England that wasn’t available when Dowds got injured. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

And I think that’s why we’ve ended up with McLennan. He’s not the out and out number 9 that we needed but he’s a forward and Brown will be hoping he gets a few goals to keep us going until January when we will likely use the loan market in England that wasn’t available when Dowds got injured. 

Yeah, and I’m happy enough with that.  Ultimately, Dowds wasn’t playing as an outright number nine in the system anyway - so hopefully McLennan can give us something a little different. 

Looking forward to seeing him in action tomorrow! 

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Watching a depleted Falkirk play, in comparison to a depleted AUFC..... 

We are miles, and I mean miles off it.

Right now, I can see us finishing 5/6th. 

I hope to god I'm wrong but tomorrow will be another Brown position bingo and we'll get owned. (I'm scunnered with this scatter gun approach now!)

We will then not win a game in the League until Jan. 

I'm just not seeing how watching a very very impressive Falkirk side (first half anyway) batter a poor looking Hamilton (who we have beat twice already) by 2 goals means we will be 6th?     

Even if we are accepting which I assume you are that Falkirk will run away with top 2 along with what I can only assume is Livingston as nobody else has looked particularly impressive against us, who are looking more likely than Ayr of coming 3rd, 4th and possibly 5th, and why?   If we had signed Tomi over McLennan I wouldn't immediately have put us as title favourites tbf.

No other sets of fans seem particularly confident of that from what I can see - we've got a pretty good squad. 

Probably my biggest disappointment of Tomi going to Partick is that our fans will get to boo him again, despite the absolutely class (and not the way I'd personally have done it) way he reacted to it when playing and scoring against us last time. 

9 hours ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Watching a depleted Falkirk play, in comparison to a depleted AUFC..... 

We are miles, and I mean miles off it.

Right now, I can see us finishing 5/6th. 

I hope to god I'm wrong but tomorrow will be another Brown position bingo and we'll get owned. (I'm scunnered with this scatter gun approach now!)

We will then not win a game in the League until Jan. 

That's the spirit

I'm convinced some Ayr fans would moan if we somehow ended up with a team equivalent to prime mid-2000's Barcelona and were multiple Scottish, European and World Club Champions. 

We have started the season very well. We now have a long injury list, leaving us with two recognised centre halves in Stanger and Musonda and one recognised striker, but no obvious partner. Other players have stepped up though and while performances have unsurprisingly dropped off, we are still 2nd and have only lost once, to the league leaders.

I'd much rather be in this position than yet another relegation fight where we are scrambling for 3rd bottom. We have only played a quarter of the league and have plenty of time to get players back fit and make a real go of this season. 

1 hour ago, yorkshirepud said:

I'm convinced some Ayr fans would moan if we somehow ended up with a team equivalent to prime mid-2000's Barcelona and were multiple Scottish, European and World Club Champions. 

We have started the season very well. We now have a long injury list, leaving us with two recognised centre halves in Stanger and Musonda and one recognised striker, but no obvious partner. Other players have stepped up though and while performances have unsurprisingly dropped off, we are still 2nd and have only lost once, to the league leaders.

I'd much rather be in this position than yet another relegation fight where we are scrambling for 3rd bottom. We have only played a quarter of the league and have plenty of time to get players back fit and make a real go of this 

It's not a moan, it's an opinion based on watching woeful football, bizarre choices for starting 11 and positions played by the said 11. An opinion based on the reasons why we have such an injury crisis in the first place! An opinion based on the FACT we have NOT had a steady, gelled starting 11 since Brown came in and that's the difference between us and Falkirk, to our detriment, IMO of course. Falkirk also have some main players out, yet they're still flying high, still gelled, still playing decent football and their players still playing as a team. We also haven't had a steady starting keeper since Broon came in, that's a big issue and an even bigger failure.

There are issues, plenty of them but fans just blindly accepting them and not speaking up is what gets us in the mess we were with Bullen, and many other managers. Remember L.B.? He finished second mind and some on here thought he was god, still do. If you came on here and shared a critical opinion, you were set about... 6 months later, the majority shared the same critical opinion.

Stop accepting shite, stop club wanking. Stop trying to shout down anyone who shares what you believe to be negative opinions, jumping on the band wagon with other posters to get yer greenies. We're paying supporters of a business and as such, we should demand the very best, not be accepting of scraps, because we're just wee Ayr, and the mighty ffc are untouchable. 

My point is, we're second atm, but we won't be come Jan. Actually, we prob won't be come 5pm today. We'll be 5/6th, with a mountain to climb come Jan. 

I want the best and us to do well, I hope I'm proved wrong and stand corrected. Until then, this is my opinion. 

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

3 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

It's not a moan, it's an opinion based on watching woeful football, bizarre choices for starting 11 and positions played by the said 11. An opinion based on the reasons why we have such an injury crisis in the first place! An opinion based on the FACT we have NOT had a steady, gelled starting 11 since Brown came in and that's the difference between us and Falkirk, to our detriment, IMO of course. Falkirk also have some main players out, yet they're still flying high, still gelled, still playing decent football and there players still playing as a team. We also haven't had a steady starting keeper since Broon came in, that's a big issue and an even bigger failure.

There are issues, plenty of them but fans just blindly accepting them and not speaking up is what gets us in the mess we were with Bullen, and many other managers. Remember L.B.? He finished second mind and some on here thought he was god, still do. If you came on here and shared a critical opinion, you were set about... 6 months later, the majority shared the same critical opinion.

Stop accepting shite, stop club wanking. Stop trying to shout down anyone who shares what you believe to be negative opinions, jumping on the band wagon with other posters to get yer greenies. We're paying supporters of a business and as such, we should demand the very best, not be accepting of scraps, because we're just wee Ayr, and the mighty ffc are untouchable. 

My point is, we're second atm, but we won't be come Jan. Actually, we prob won't be come 5pm today. We'll be 5/6th, with a mountain to climb come Jan. 

I want the best and us to do well, I hope I'm proved wrong and stand corrected. Until then, this is my opinion. 

A heads gone at 9AM before a ball is kicked is a new one. 

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

In your opinion, of course. Which I accept. I'm looking forward to selection bingo come 2pm. 

Think there’s more to it than just opinion. The above is a blatantly weird post for where we are right now and our current situation. 

We did play some great stuff, the first few games. Not as if I'm the only one on here mentioning the weird selections, the redineness at which Broon drops people, in the hope they bounce back twice as good (not worked once since he came in btw) The apparently mental stance he has on keepers, the reasons why we have so many injuries etc etc. If my work had that many injuries, in such a short space of time, there would be an inquiry as to the reasons why. Yet we've just to blindly accept everything is great, until it's not. It's my outlook on where we're heading, not where we are right now. As I've always said, when I share an unpopular opinion... I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, infact I'd be over f**kin joyed my head was gone. Until then, this is how I forsee the next 10wks unfolding. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Think there’s more to it than just opinion. The above is a blatantly weird post for where we are right now and our current situation. 

4 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

We did play some great stuff, the first few games. Not as if I'm the only one on here mentioning the weird selections, the redineness at which Broon drops people, in the hope they bounce back twice as good (not worked once since he came in btw) The apparently mental stance he has on keepers, the reasons why we have so many injuries etc etc. If my work had that many injuries, in such a short space of time, there would be an inquiry as to the reasons why. Yet we've just to blindly accept everything is great, until it's not. It's my outlook on where we're heading, not where we are right now. As I've always said, when I share an unpopular opinion... I'm more than happy to be proved wrong, infact I'd be over f**kin joyed my head was gone. Until then, this is how I forsee the next 10wks unfolding. 

Again, I don’t see any weird selections apart from the Falkirk game when he dropped Oakley and played Musonda in midfield. Everything else has been enforced by injuries or form. 

Injuries happen in football. No one at Falkirk is suspicious of some sort of conspiracy. It’s been discussed numerous times on here about the injuries and yet some people are desperate for it to be some fault of the management team. 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

Probably my biggest disappointment of Tomi going to Partick is that our fans will get to boo him again, despite the absolutely class (and not the way I'd personally have done it) way he reacted to it when playing and scoring against us last time. 

My biggest joy in watching Adeloye play against us will be the 5 sitters he’ll miss and the stack of decent passes and crosses he’ll just watch roll by him, and thanking god that I don’t need to see him do that every week for us. 

3 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

My biggest joy in watching Adeloye play against us will be the 5 sitters he’ll miss and the stack of decent passes and crosses he’ll just watch roll by him, and thanking god that I don’t need to see him do that every week for us. 

There is absolutely no way that appalling Ayr team gave him a stack of decent passes and crosses.

He was lucky to get one pass into his feet all game at times.