The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Thistle 

I knew it was a home game. That’s probably the weirdest thing Brown has done in fairness. 

Stone got injured so we sign MacIntyre. Plays one game then we drop him and bring Russell in who had been loaned to Kelty?? Now Russell is number one ahead of Stone who wasn’t looking terrible in fairness to him. 

Why did we sign MacIntyre though? Was Russell not available at that point? 

41 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I knew it was a home game. That’s probably the weirdest thing Brown has done in fairness. 

Stone got injured so we sign MacIntyre. Plays one game then we drop him and bring Russell in who had been loaned to Kelty?? Now Russell is number one ahead of Stone who wasn’t looking terrible in fairness to him. 

I was under the impression MacIntyre was signed because Mutch was long term.

I've really lost track without looking into it all.

Pretty sure we only had Stone/Ecrepont for pre-season/league cup so we got Russell to allow Ecrepont to go out on loan. We then signed MacIntyre since Mutch was out and Russell was supposed to be going out in loan either then or in January. Pretty sure that's what the timmo video said.

Stone

Mutch

Ecrepont 

MacIntyre 

Russell 

Just the 5x goalies on the books 😅

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We signed McIntyre when Stone was 'injured' as Brown thought he would be better option than Russell, who was on the bench in McIntyre's only game.

I haven't heard anything about a falling out at training but I would fully expect McIntyre to be away in January and possibly Stone as well. It would not surprise me in the slightest if Josh Clarke was coming back on loan for the second half of the season. I would suspect that we'll not see McAvoy in an Ayr shirt at any point and potentially one of Walker/Hastie being punted. This sounds like a game of Football Manager but it is absolutely in Brown's M.O. to do something like this.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

We signed Jack McIntyre before the challenge cup game against Raith Rovers and he was on the bench for that. 

Was that the same weekend we let Russell play for Kelty? Such a weird scenario all round.

Either we will send Stone back or Hearts will take him back, I am sure his confidence will be absolutely shot now and he's not getting the game time he needs at this stage in his career. 

Brown likes Russell's kicking, Martindale commented on it in his post match, saying Ayr went direct, not long ball but the keeper was passing it long. Its just a shame he hasn't been near any of the balls put past him so far. At least Stone has made some good saves. 

Josh Clarke was poor last season and we really need someone different because for whatever reason, every goalkeeper at the club looks a nervous wreck. 

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

I believe McIntyre has had a bit of a strop about coming up and playing once then being dropped and it came to a bit of a head at training midweek.    Russell is first choice due to his passing stats - up around 90% apparently, Stone in the 70s but McIntyre only had 55% or something in his game. 

Not something I tend to notice personally - I'd have the guy in nets who looks most likely to save a shot and then work on the passing afterwards - a bit like the Craig Gordon v Angus Gunn debate for Scotland

Was the weather not brutal at that Partick game? Or am I completely making that up in my head.  

McIntyre made one cracking save from a one v one. I wouldn’t exactly say he deserved to be dropped, or that Russell’s performances have been any better. It’s a bit f**king stupid though, as surely we were aware of what the goalkeepers we were signing were like on the ball. 

Russell is clearly the best on the ball out of the three, but it’s probably a bit more important that they can take the odd cross and save things. It’s not as ideal but any of the keepers can roll it to McMann to play a more direct pass. Russell has had a few dodgy moments he’s got away with,  but hasn't done anything particularly badly. It’s clear that we don’t have a keeper that’s going to win us points with his performances though - he makes some routine saves and that’s about it. 

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Josh Clarke was poor last season and we really need someone different because for whatever reason, every goalkeeper at the club looks a nervous wreck. 

Not sure I would agree that he was poor. He certainly wasn't very vocal but he was a fantastic shot stopper and (importantly for Brown) was better with the ball at his feet than half the outfield players. I am not saying I desperately want him in, but I could totally see him coming back. 

Regardless of what happens in January, trying to bring any goalkeepers in will be a hard sell if this is the way they get treated. It arguably started with Albinson last year (granted he did make a couple of errors) but I always feel like goalkeepers need to be treated differently to outfield players.

Once you ruin a goalkeepers confidence it's a long way back. 

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Not sure I would agree that he was poor. He certainly wasn't very vocal but he was a fantastic shot stopper and (importantly for Brown) was better with the ball at his feet than half the outfield players. I am not saying I desperately want him in, but I could totally see him coming back. 

From what I remember he made some excellent saves and was decent on the ball but also had the Albinson last season thing of conceding poor goals from what should have been routine saves…

I would agree that he wasn’t poor though. Decent enough, and definitely loads of potential. 

Edited by No_Problemo

32 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Another weekend. Another stumble from Ayr. Another win for Killie over a team with fifteen times their budget. It must be really hard to take year after year…….

We don’t think about you. 

yet here you are 

33 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Another weekend. Another stumble from Ayr. Another win for Killie over a team with fifteen times their budget. It must be really hard to take year after year…….

Yer Mrs manages to take it year after year, fae half the Shire.... we'll be just fine. Now off ye f**k!

Genuinely cannot believe someone has suggested that Ayr's worst player is being scapegoated after very literally gifting the opposition a goal in an even more obvious manner than he usually does.

When I was still in school I always used to like it when one of the guys in the special ed classes used to turn up for games, because it meant I would only be the second-worst player. That is how I imagine Patrick Reading feels most weeks now. The reason he doesn't get pressured and has the opportunity to get forward and play a bit is because there's no point in targetting him when McAllister is there.