The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I couldn’t tell you the last friendly I went to at Somerset and I certainly wouldn’t want to go to one at Hampden or Murray Park.

If it’s the Raydale Cup or another friendly at a good day out then I’d be up for it.

Think you will notice that all the pre season games are away from home and the decision to play them behind close doors fell within the home teams choice , tomorrows game was going to be open to scouts etc but Queens Park have stipulated only representation allowed is officials of both clubs  

Quite a lot of friendlies are played behind closed doors so other teams can’t come and see who is available/on trial and come in with other offers.

Plus, friendlies are usually dross unless they’re a ‘glamour’ game. Didn’t Pogba come up with a Man Utd XI for the centenary game?

Quite a lot of friendlies are played behind closed doors so other teams can’t come and see who is available/on trial and come in with other offers.

Plus, friendlies are usually dross unless they’re a ‘glamour’ game. Didn’t Pogba come up with a Man Utd XI for the centenary game?
I went to that. It was pogba wasn't it?

18 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Danny Drinkwater and Pogba both played along with that Irish clown who captained their team. Pogba stuck out an absolute mile and everyone who attended that match knew he was going to be a top player, however maybe not as good as he became !!

I also remember the Unirea Urziceni match as another cracker with some fantastic footballers on display and they absolutely horsed us without getting out of third gear.

Apart from these matches I used to also enjoy the matches against the English clubs who used to come up and play us as it was something different and they usually brought a decent support as well. However I totally agree that pre-season matches against your neighbours and teams you play every other week are just a complete waste of time and money for those attending.

Guess doohan is signing before then
Welllll that the obvious and sensible thinking however as we know Ayr United don't tend to do things that way...

Did Doohan sign before the start of the Betfred Cup last season, I can't remember.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Welllll that the obvious and sensible thinking however as we know Ayr United don't tend to do things that way...

Did Doohan sign before the start of the Betfred Cup last season, I can't remember.

I'm pretty sure he played against Morton. Was that the first game?