Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

On 27/02/2023 at 01:15, Loonytoons said:

No, the team that he joined after Bollan pissed off most of our best players and they left after being promoted from League 2.  I'd suggest you compare the 2015-16 side withe the 2017-18 side, I suspect there wouldn't be many left.  Boo boys had already got their teeth into him before Hilly and Baird, in particular, joined.  How many games did Easton actually play with Spencer?

Re all being better players...you might be correct but Easton is still way ahead of most players that have come after him, which is really the point that was being made.

Edit...I was a tad "tired" when I posted the above, I realise you actually meant the 2018-19 campaign.  First sentence still holds true though.

Even in the first season back in league 1 he wasn't our best player, Millar & Hilson carried us to safety. 

Easton is a talent, but the attitude was horrendous as proven by his idiotic sending off in Livingston & hissy fit after being subbed at Airdrie. 

It's his own doing that it's taken him this long to be playing regularly in full time surroundings.

On 28/02/2023 at 21:52, TheClosingArguement said:

Even in the first season back in league 1 he wasn't our best player, Millar & Hilson carried us to safety. 

Easton is a talent, but the attitude was horrendous as proven by his idiotic sending off in Livingston & hissy fit after being subbed at Airdrie. 

It's his own doing that it's taken him this long to be playing regularly in full time surroundings.

Once again, you're comparing him against his team mates.

The comparison was against what came after him.

I'd have Hilson, Baird, Slater and Millar over the players that replaced them if that helps.

We have not recruited overly well since Weir left. 

11 minutes ago, lwh said:

If we could defend fucking crosses we win that comfortably. They are shite and we’ve lost. So so so poor

Thats just the 3 times shite has beat you wish we could play you every week

14 minutes ago, lwh said:

If we could defend fucking crosses we win that comfortably. They are shite and we’ve lost. So so so poor

16 minutes ago, lwh said:

Actually despite that, our goals against is not too bad, the problem is that we don't score goals. Far too much spent on midfielders/defenders and not enough on improving the failing alleged strikers.

35 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

Actually despite that, our goals against is not too bad, the problem is that we don't score goals. Far too much spent on midfielders/defenders and not enough on improving the failing alleged strikers.

There's very little creativity comes from the middle of the park. Slater and Robson are neat and tidy but they don't open defences up. Flanagan was decent today, Ross did absolutely nothing.

5 minutes ago, lwh said:

Not saying we’re not but so frustrating when a team look as poor as that and we don’t put them to the sword

1 minute ago, lwh said:

I get that but we concede really cheap goals consistently and obviously have some sort of mental issue which makes us crumble in the last 5 mins. 

I thought today was by far and away the most dangerous we’ve looked for a long time.

You were at a different game to me.

We started well up to the goal and after the subs and change of formation we looked like we could go on and win. Inbetween East Fife were in control of the game, I was impressed with them to be honest.

35 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Did Nditi just have a poor game yesterday or has his form gone off the edge of a cliff? 

For me he was one of the stand out players in the league at the start of the season. 

Been out with an injury and didn't look properly fit to me, he was knackered about ten minutes in.

• 2 weeks later...