Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Personally I would've kept him but with him wanting regular game time it's understandable and he'd struggle to get a place over Finn Robson.

However, looking at our bench we're still bare bones! Good to see Slater on the bench, imagine he'll come on in the 2nd half along with Stef.

5 hours ago, lwh said:

We’ve lost one league game in 3 months. You best start believing in promotion fairytales. You’re in one!

I'd be very confident putting money on Forfar finishing in the top four (third probably) and if that happens then (unless there's a major drop off in form) I'd genuinely fancy your chances in the playoffs. Whoever out of us and the Binos finishes second (barring a major collapse from either) will be on a big downer heading into the playoffs. Whereas you lot have nothing to lose.

We didn't switch our manager. But I see a fair bit of 2011/12 Dumbarton in how the Loons' season is panning out. Momentum takes you a long way in football.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'd be very confident putting money on Forfar finishing in the top four (third probably) and if that happens then (unless there's a major drop off in form) I'd genuinely fancy your chances in the playoffs. Whoever out of us and the Binos finishes second (barring a major collapse from either) will be on a big downer heading into the playoffs. Whereas you lot have nothing to lose.

We didn't switch our manager. But I see a fair bit of 2011/12 Dumbarton in how the Loons' season is panning out. Momentum takes you a long way in football.

There’s a lot to be said for being on form at the right time of the season in the 10 team leagues set up but I still think we should be concentrating on getting bit more distance from the bottom spot first.

14 hours ago, nofixedability said:

There’s a lot to be said for being on form at the right time of the season in the 10 team leagues set up but I still think we should be concentrating on getting bit more distance from the bottom spot first.

We’re 11 points off bottom and 9 off second, should definitely be looking up the way 

28 minutes ago, lwh said:

We’re 11 points off bottom and 9 off second, should definitely be looking up the way 

We were only just above tenth at the start of 2023 and one bad run of games could see us down in that battle again. Being positive is great but posting ‘League 1 pending’ and ‘we’re in a promotion fairytale’ is getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

We were 11 points ahead of Arbroath at this point in the 2016/17 season and look what happened there.

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

We were only just above tenth at the start of 2023 and one bad run of games could see us down in that battle again. Being positive is great but posting ‘League 1 pending’ and ‘we’re in a promotion fairytale’ is getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

We were 11 points ahead of Arbroath at this point in the 2016/17 season and look what happened there.  

Yes, never to be forgotten. Glorious 😉

Good luck fermers.

8 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

We were 11 points ahead of Arbroath at this point in the 2016/17 season and look what happened there.

Thank you.