Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

24 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Are we just signing players that can play as a midfielder as well as their primary position now? 🤣

Perhaps Ray is implementing Johan Cryff Total football where every player can play in every position 😂

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We used Hutchinson as a defensive midfielder when we had him on loan. He was absolutely shite.

Tbf that's during the season where you got relegated so that's harsh.

Edited by ScottishLoon

12 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Tbf that's during the season where you got relegated so that's harsh.

Well aye, but he was brought in January to improve things and offered us nothing in midfield. It was League 1 so maybe he'll be fine in this league but I didn't see much of a midfielder in him. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Well aye, but he was brought in January to improve things and offered us nothing in midfield. It was League 1 so maybe he'll be fine in this league but I didn't see much of a midfielder in him. 

Do you mean mudfielder, because he's doing fine here?

Signed our first striker, somebody who crossed my mind after seeing his record last season so really happy with that.

Always interesting when we keep signing players I've played football with when I was a kid 🤣 that's 2 now.

FB_IMG_1687716359620.jpg

Edited by ScottishLoon

It’s a striker at least, but I’m not overly convinced that he’s good enough. Would have preferred McGrath if we’re taking a punt on players who have scored a barrowload.

24 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

It’s a striker at least, but I’m not overly convinced that he’s good enough. Would have preferred McGrath if we’re taking a punt on players who have scored a barrowload.

He scored more than bachelor who signed for Montrose did tbf, he's also played in the spfl before so should know the level better than other strikers who score goals at junior level.

Edited by ScottishLoon

8 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Bobby Linn has gone to Lochee United. I had wondered if he might have come to us after leaving the Lichties. Instead we signed another former Arbroath player in Skelly. We'll see how he gets on for us.

He wouldn't have gone to another senior club for a few different reasons. Plus I'm sure lochee will have put together a very, very nice package for him.

45 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Bobby Linn has gone to Lochee United. I had wondered if he might have come to us after leaving the Lichties. Instead we signed another former Arbroath player in Skelly. We'll see how he gets on for us.

Absolutely no chance he was playing for you or any other senior club if he’d wanted to keep doing that on a Saturday we’d have happily had him next season. 

Skelly is a good player but he was a big fat b*****d at Bobby Linns testimonial 7 month ago

2 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Bobby Linn has gone to Lochee United. I had wondered if he might have come to us after leaving the Lichties.

The Linn move explained. Makes sense and good for him.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4507240/arbroath-bobby-linn-comes-home-to-lochee-united/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Interesting to see if Skelly can cope with the step up.

he seemed to struggle before, have seen him a few times at junior levels & he doesn’t really stand out. However the numbers do seem impressive albeit against lower level players.

do feel like we need at least two more strikers in, as I don’t think he’s the answer if we’re going to be challenging for the title.