Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Back 3/5 maybe? Not sure Thommo fits in a 352 though. Think Hutchinson looked good. Any of the defenders left sided as feel we need better than Brindley there.

Hope we can get a fit Watson

Whytes played left back before If needed tbf if we don't bring someone in.

55 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I’m assuming this could be the starting line up.

Striker obviously priority now.

Morrison or Inglis I’d imagine will start in the middle with Whatley given the fact we have 5 centre halves on the books.

IMG_1800.jpeg

Still need a playmaker somewhere for me and a left footed winger too at bare minimum along with the strikers.

11 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Hutchison was decent for us but I do find it surprising we’ve signed another Centre half.

Munro up front this season? 🤣

Hutchison is a great signing. If we did play a back 3 of Hutchi, Whyte & Allan that looks really strong. As with @Loon From Outta Toonsays, it makes my tinfoil hat theory of Munro up top look more likely 😀 

Slightly more realisticly, Ross played up top in a 4-4-2 occasionally last season, so whether Ray thinks of playing him there, not in a 4-4-2 but perhaps as a lone deep lying forward? However, I think he looked happiest at 10 last season.

12 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Hutchison was decent for us but I do find it surprising we’ve signed another Centre half.

Munro up front this season? 🤣

Honestly, it’s not as daft as it sounds, many a mobile centre half can make a good forward (note I said forward and not striker), he certainly wouldn’t get bullied and fall over like Aitken.

2 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Can’t really understand another centre half unless we are losing an existing one or going to be playing three at the back. The only positive to Munro up front would be he wouldn’t be in defence. 

I suspect that unfortunately Whyte won't last the season.

2 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Honestly, it’s not as daft as it sounds, many a mobile centre half can make a good forward (note I said forward and not striker), he certainly wouldn’t get bullied and fall over like Aitken.

That Tommy Muir at annan is the example 

42 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Hmm, 🤔 Hutchi could probably do the Hutton role, but with more pace and agility. 

I get your point but that's why we have Whatley.

Does seem to be a lot of emphasis on versatility from ray especially the defenders, every defender we've signed has either played midfield before or could do and that's on top of Whyte and Brindley who are midfielders converted to defenders.

Edited by ScottishLoon