Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

What makes him not captain material?

The fact he should be sitting in the bench most weeks this season? Just because someone shouts at team mates a lot doesn’t make them captain material 

Just saw this and it says he was highly sought after before signing with them.

can't help but feel we might of been one of the clubs interested since we're going for this more local based approach this season.

https://montrosefc.co.uk/2023/06/22/petrie-signs-promising-junior-striker-batchelor/

Edited by ScottishLoon

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

can't help but feel we might of been one of the clubs interested since we're going for this more local based approach this season.

https://montrosefc.co.uk/2023/06/22/petrie-signs-promising-junior-striker-batchelor/

I think we might have been interested, if we weren’t we should have been. Chances are Montrose pay a little more and play at a higher level so we would have lost out anyway.

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Very good player, seen him a couple of times.
Although Dale Reid at Carnoustie would be a better signing in my opinion, he’s banged them in for fun. 

3 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

I agree. Not surprised he's gone to Montrose though, higher level and higher pay. I think that our only striker will be some unknown youth player on loan from one of the Dundee teams. A gamble that could work but more than likely be underwhelming.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

So it's only a week tomorrow that we start the season with the Montrose friendly at links park.

How are we feeling about the new season?

Hoping for lots of trialists as we currently don't have enough players to field a team and bench.

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Hoping for lots of trialists as we currently don't have enough players to field a team and bench.

Yeah hopefully a bunch of them, I'm just hoping that there's some experienced attackers among them.

So far we've brought in 4 players to replace the 12 players/loans Who left 😬 

When it was announced pretty early that we were having a clear out I assumed we had multiple people lined up and would be building the squad early doors but that's not materialized.

Before anyone says it yes I know there's still a good amount of time left but when you compare to the other clubs looking for promotion who have signed up most of their squad and are able to start pre season and work on stuff in training, it puts you on catch up and makes you wonder either who you've missed out on or why it's taken so long.

Happy with Hutchinson signing, not sure about Watson but considering he was injured most of the time he might do better with a run of games.

Another defender and a winger that can occasionally play up front. Is our plan to just play a 6-4-0 this season? 

3 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Hutchison was decent for us but I do find it surprising we’ve signed another Centre half.

Munro up front this season? 🤣

Might see Allan or Morrison playing RB 🤔

Allan's good on the ball and played there for Montrose and Morrison was being talked up for his speed and versatility.

Edited by ScottishLoon

7 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

didn’t really see what Watson offered, albeit he didn’t play many times.

Even if Morrison does move into midfield that’s still a bit concerning as we would have too many centre midfielders as well.   Moore, Whatley, Inglis & Ross(attacking midfield)

Likely we'll still be trying to play 3 in midfield either as a flat 3 (which I hope it isn't) or if it's a 2 sitting and one attacking midfielder