Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Interesting to see if Skelly can cope with the step up.

he seemed to struggle before, have seen him a few times at junior levels & he doesn’t really stand out. However the numbers do seem impressive albeit against lower level players.

do feel like we need at least two more strikers in, as I don’t think he’s the answer if we’re going to be challenging for the title. 

I'm happy with him but we definitely need more than him up front if we are still serious about going for the title 

Ideally there's still an experienced guy who we're trialling or looking at who has a consistent presence up top a bit like how we had lister or Baird in the past because you need someone like that who even when their not scoring the goals they either create a chance or are causing bother to the defence and it's what's been costing us for years especially last year in the playoffs.

Every team that gets promoted has one of them just look at annan with Goss and Stirling with Carrick.

Saw Josh Skelly play on a random jaunt up to Dundee this year, was a 5-3 win for Broughty Ferry vs Lochee United, and I thought he looked the best player on the park by miles - scored 2 and I think he set up another 2. I know for whatever reason it hasn't worked out in the past, but I reckon he's good enough to play in League 2.

2 hours ago, coineanach said:

Saw Josh Skelly play on a random jaunt up to Dundee this year, was a 5-3 win for Broughty Ferry vs Lochee United, and I thought he looked the best player on the park by miles - scored 2 and I think he set up another 2. I know for whatever reason it hasn't worked out in the past, but I reckon he's good enough to play in League 2.

His stats from his previous spell in league 2 are actually very decent. 15 G/A in 1500 mins aka a goal contribution every 100 minutes according to transfermarkt

😬 This would be a bit of a disaster for our season. the worst thing is knowing he's got a track record of this, especially when he was at Morton then quickly left for Falkirk.

Just bought my season ticket today too 🤣😭

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Don’t have any reason to be confident that he will stay. But for some reason I am totally confident he will stay.

In Ray we Trust 👍🏻🤣

Ferguson will be sacked within 10 games, he had an absolute mare at Forest Green, surprised he’s even still in charge there. 

Worse than Irvine’s record at us. 👀🤣

IMG_1875.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Ferguson will be sacked within 10 games, he had an absolute mare at Forest Green, surprised he’s even still in charge there. 

So Raymond joins, watches Ferguson get bodily flung then steals his job?

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Since we're mostly assuming Ray will ditch Angus for London. Who's likely to replace him? Will Stevie Fallon be given the interim job or will they move quickly to hire someone?

Hopefully move quickly so he can bring in as most players that he wants to manage as possible before the window ends 

24 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Since we're mostly assuming Ray will ditch Angus for London. Who's likely to replace him? Will Stevie Fallon be given the interim job or will they move quickly to hire someone?

I would be surprised if he’s swapping Angus for London given that Forest Green play in Gloucestershire 

Not the news we wanted to hear:

Club Statement

FAFC officials are disappointed today to have to announce Ray McKinnon has requested permission to speak to an EFL team. The club can also confirm they have received a request from an EFL club to speak with Ray. Official updates will be provided as soon as possible