Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I'm fully behind giving young people a chance in life but the 13 year old running the twitter account on matchdays needs removed guys.

The continual tears over the referee is very embarrassing to read and not a great look for the club.

At the time I thought the trip on Paterson might have been inside the box but honestly wasn’t sure, now seeing the highlights it was clearly outside the box.

I honestly don’t know what all the moaning about the referee is here, I came away from the game yesterday with not one bad word to say about the ref, don’t think he done anything wrong.

We need to stop blaming others and look closer to home as to why we’re not winning games. And yesterday that is down to our first half performance. All fine playing 3 strikers from the start, but if they 3 strikers have no supply from midfield they become useless imo. Our midfield need to start taking the ball from defence and actually play football!! They hide, don’t want the ball and if they do get it, it’s played sideways or backwards. 2nd half yesterday we actually played through the midfield and looked good at times. Hopefully McKinnon sees this. 🤞🏼

19 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Why does anyone continue to moan about the managers interviews? We know they're bad, they're all bad. The standard is horrendous.

(Interviewer and cameraman's good work excluded)

Managers interviews are always poor. Managers will always be very tactful in their answers and they also very rarely say "yeah I f***Ed up today!"

Also, interviews by club media are always even more tame as they won't ask awkward and difficult questions that are overly critical.

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

I'm fully behind giving young people a chance in life but the 13 year old running the twitter account on matchdays needs removed guys.

The continual tears over the referee is very embarrassing to read and not a great look for the club.

Can only agree with this, a total embarrassment.

After Stranraer getting 5 at the weekend, I'd really like to see us going and having a go at them at the weekend.

Unfortunatley being away from home we will probably go back to setting up defensivley and be happy not to lose.

This is how i would like to see us line up 

McCallum

Nditi                    Whyte        Morrison                   Allan

Inglis                Whatley                 Moore

Paterson

Skelly      Macleod

Maybe even Finn Robson in for Whatley??                      

6 hours ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Anyone considering making the long trip tomorrow?

Nope, normally I hate missing a game but I'm not fussed this week after how utterly dreadful we've decided to play this season so far.

4 hours ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Nope, normally I hate missing a game but I'm not fussed this week after how utterly dreadful we've decided to play this season so far.

Not sure you should be fussed to go to any game at all since you booed the team off on the 2nd game of the season 

12 hours ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

Not sure you should be fussed to go to any game at all since you booed the team off on the 2nd game of the season 

Sorry, I'll make sure & get written consent from the happy clapping morons as to when I can voice my displeasure in future. 

Just now, ForfarLoon84 said:

Just home, great performance and great result. So glad I went.

Smokie & Patty stand outs for me, but overall a great team performance.

Patty’s goal was a touch of class, took it really well.

Hopefully we can kick on from here and put together a wee run of results.

Happy Saturday 👏🏼

He deserves it and the more he gets used to this level the more consistent he'll continue to be, also shows we don't need to persist with Seb all the time too.

A good result yesterday and delighted for Paterson, he deserved a start and took his goal well. Hopefully that gives him the confidence to kick on.

On another note, very disappointing to see Whyte didn’t get any minutes at all, let alone start.