Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

6 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

In other news, I've noticed the Lord Bunnet has resigned from Gayfield along with the whole backroom staff, would he come back to Forfar?

Was just about to mention it😆

I highly doubt he'll be interested given how he was sacked and has clearly never forgiven certain people at the board when you've seen him speak about the club.

That being said I personally would definitely have him back.

Edited by ScottishLoon

11 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Tranent were way better in the 1st half, Marc and the post saved Forfar. Second half was more of a slugging match and Forfar probably edged it in the 2nd half but we were by no means the better team, although I'm sure Ray will be happy and say we deserved to go through. 

Smokie was fortunate with the handball/penalty. He tried to clear the ball but scuffed his connection causing the ball to bash off his shin and onto his outstretched arm.

I don't think the ref "missed it" but because there certainly was no intent he waved play on. I'm not saying he’s right as I believe the rule book says something along the lines of: intent doesn't matter but if his arm is in an unnatural position and outwith the natural silhouette then it's a foul. So, Forfar got away with that.

It is interesting that a Matty Allan scrappy goal from a corner is what got us through the last two rounds both of which have likely saved Ray's job, for now.

Think the part about it not being given if it comes of another bit of your body beforehand is still in the rulebook

26 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Was just about to mention it😆

I highly doubt he'll be interested given how he was sacked and has clearly never forgiven certain people at the board when you've seen him speak about the club.

That being said I personally would definitely have him back.

Ray to Arbroath, Dick back home?

I was at the game today and it was job done for Forfar, which is all that matters in a cup tie at a tough venue, but it certainly wasn't pretty.

Tranent should have been a couple up in the first half. They were playing some nice football and the boy Ross up front had Forfar on toast at the back. Only some fine work from McCallum and the wood work kept it goalless at half time. Forfar had the odd half chance but nothing really created from good football - they could barely string a pass together.

Second half became more of a dog fight and this played more into the away sides hands.  Neither goalie had a save of note to make in the second half and the teams were ultimately separated by a set piece at the back stick that was well finished by Allan.

Once Forfar scored they did not look like conceding. Andy Munro was the best player on the park for Forfar his experience was vital in this kind of game. He won everything in the air and was a real positive effect on the guys around him - vocally encouraging the younger team mates at all times and organising.

Nothing much was offered midfield to front but again that's been touched upon before Forfar lack any real quality in those areas.

Morrison in front of the defence was a bit meh for me - it possibly worked OK in this game but I don't see that being very fruitful back in the league against better teams he will he exposed in there. Doesn't distribute the ball well enough for it to be a long term fix but I suppose it will do Uncle Ray for now.

Enjoy your night lads. You're having a shit season but at least this is a welcome distraction and into the hat for the next round.

40 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I was at the game today and it was job done for Forfar, which is all that matters in a cup tie at a tough venue, but it certainly wasn't pretty.

Tranent should have been a couple up in the first half. They were playing some nice football and the boy Ross up front had Forfar on toast at the back. Only some fine work from McCallum and the wood work kept it goalless at half time. Forfar had the odd half chance but nothing really created from good football - they could barely string a pass together.

Second half became more of a dog fight and this played more into the away sides hands.  Neither goalie had a save of note to make in the second half and the teams were ultimately separated by a set piece at the back stick that was well finished by Allan.

Once Forfar scored they did not look like conceding. Andy Munro was the best player on the park for Forfar his experience was vital in this kind of game. He won everything in the air and was a real positive effect on the guys around him - vocally encouraging the younger team mates at all times and organising.

Nothing much was offered midfield to front but again that's been touched upon before Forfar lack any real quality in those areas.

Morrison in front of the defence was a bit meh for me - it possibly worked OK in this game but I don't see that being very fruitful back in the league against better teams he will he exposed in there. Doesn't distribute the ball well enough for it to be a long term fix but I suppose it will do Uncle Ray for now.

Enjoy your night lads. You're having a shit season but at least this is a welcome distraction and into the hat for the next round.

Agree , Andy was solid, Mutale was fecking awful. Skelly did more in 10 minutes, team set up was all wrong, needed a change after 20 minutes, most important thing is we are the hat.

Really could of done without this interview tbh.

Known board member asking the questions and agreeing with ray that we deserved to win yesterday is not a good look. It really doesn't dissuade the opinion that the club are happy to continue and enable ray.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

Really could of done without this interview tbh.

Known board member asking the questions and agreeing with ray that we deserved to win yesterday is not a good look. It really doesn't dissuade the opinion that the club are happy to continue and enable ray.

Hardly an interview, 1 minute. Just some small talk about the game.

1 minute ago, May Rckinnon said:

Shit draw. If you're going to get a club like Hibs, you want them away from home to get a slice of that big gate receipt.

A home tie is just a scudding Infront of mostly Hibs fans & neutrals.

Deary me, aye would of been nicer financially for an away tie but we'll still be making good money from it.

As crap as we are I'm still well up for a round 4 tie against Hibs and I think we all should be considering how everything else this season is going.

8 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Deary me, aye would of been nicer financially for an away tie but we'll still be making good money from it.

As crap as we are I'm still well up for a round 4 tie against Hibs and I think we all should be considering how everything else this season is going.

Nicer is an understatement. Of course I'm looking forward to the game but you're kidding yourself if you think the club wouldn't have preferred a premiership away tie (minus the couple of diddies) to literally any home draw with the exception of maybe buckie, brora, Bonnyrigg etc, winnable games.

8 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Nicer is an understatement. Of course I'm looking forward to the game but you're kidding yourself if you think the club wouldn't have preferred a premiership away tie (minus the couple of diddies) to literally any home draw with the exception of maybe buckie, brora, Bonnyrigg etc, winnable games.

Believe me I wanted broomhill or brora at home ideally aswell but call me old fashioned that I get excited for having the big teams turning up at station park.

37 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

There were also a boatload of potentially worse draws for us, any L1 or Championship team home or away for example.