Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

1 hour ago, Bridie Vision said:

Makes a lot more sense than the Patty sale in my opinion. I wonder which "top regional junior team" is after his signature? 🤔 

If the club are saying 'top' team, I'd imagine it's some mid table dross. He shouldn't get near a starting 11 at the top end of the midlands league.

Edited by May Rckinnon

13 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Makes a lot more sense than the Patty sale in my opinion. I wonder which "top regional junior team" is after his signature? 🤔 

I still don't get it, and tbh it's still annoying me a bit.

I just don't get the clubs policy on this at all, to let go a promising young player with 18 months left on a contract, to bring in bang average players from other senior clubs on loan.

Why not develop our own players who care about the club, rather than other clubs players who clearly don't care.

I seen this morning that Darren has signed for Broughty Athletic, I wish him all the best.

43 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

I still don't get it, and tbh it's still annoying me a bit.

I just don't get the clubs policy on this at all, to let go a promising young player with 18 months left on a contract, to bring in bang average players from other senior clubs on loan.

Why not develop our own players who care about the club, rather than other clubs players who clearly don't care.

I seen this morning that Darren has signed for Broughty Athletic, I wish him all the best.

Lack of vision.

There's no long-term plan for the club, not even a short-term plan as while I don't think the board (broad generalisation, I'm sure) want us to drop into the Highland League I don't think they're particularly concerned if we do.

I've said it before what is there to attract fans or players to Forfar? We're not a true engaging community club, we're not a moneybags club, we're not a development club, we're just an uninteresting football club in a awkward location in Scotland (we're not as remote as say Elgin/Stranraer, but we're not a central belt club that's a short commute for most part-time players).*

*For clarification I don't think Angus is an awkward location in Scotland generally. It's really beautiful and friendly and a great place to live! I was merely explaining the awkwardness for most part time footballers in terms of time commuting after a hard day's work in their day jobs. 😁

50 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Lack of vision.

There's no long-term plan for the club, not even a short-term plan as while I don't think the board (broad generalisation, I'm sure) want us to drop into the Highland League I don't think they're particularly concerned if we do.

I've said it before what is there to attract fans or players to Forfar? We're not a true engaging community club, we're not a moneybags club, we're not a development club, we're just an uninteresting football club in a awkward location in Scotland (we're not as remote as say Elgin/Stranraer, but we're not a central belt club that's a short commute for most part-time players).*

*For clarification I don't think Angus is an awkward location in Scotland generally. It's really beautiful and friendly and a great place to live! I was merely explaining the awkwardness for most part time footballers in terms of time commuting after a hard day's work in their day jobs. 😁

You've nailed it. Most central belt lads, I would assume, wouldn't want to go past dundee to play, and that's being generous.

57 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Lack of vision.

You are spot on here.

Complete re-think and re-structure required at our club I feel.

We need to make it appealing to players and fans alike to want to come to our club. So many clubs I've visited this season have that community spirit feel about the place, where they seem to welcome the comunity's opinion and encourage youngsters to come along and generate an atmosphere.

Then there's us...........

6 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

One thing needs to be stated firm and clear - FAFC as we know it could not survive as a senior club playing in the Highland League.

We simply must retain our league status and the only way to ensure this is to get out & stay out of the second division.

And before anybody mentions Brechin, they will not survive either.

Been thinking Brechin better get promoted this season, the prospect of a fourth season without an league Angus derby to look forward to is unbearable.

It'll be 5 years next month since we've been to glebe park which just doesn't feel right. There's also no Andy Jackson and Alan trouten to worry about turning into prime Raul and Zidane anymore.

Edited by ScottishLoon

39 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Been thinking Brechin better get promoted this season, the prospect of a fourth season without an league Angus derby to look forward to is unbearable.

It'll be 5 years next month since we've been to glebe park which just doesn't feel right. There's also no Andy Jackson and Alan trouten to worry about turning into prime Raul and Zidane anymore.

Frankly, I'm more worried about it being a highland league Derby 

Another good point on Saturday. Let’s keep them coming. Bit disappointing with other results, but we just need to concentrate on ourselves.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I am better off staying away. We seem to pick up more points when I don’t go. 

Speaking to a guy at work this morning and he said he seen 4 of our players at a service station on the way to Dumbarton in a car. Do the players not get buses for away games? 

1 hour ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

Another good point on Saturday. Let’s keep them coming. Bit disappointing with other results, but we just need to concentrate on ourselves.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I am better off staying away. We seem to pick up more points when I don’t go. 

Speaking to a guy at work this morning and he said he seen 4 of our players at a service station on the way to Dumbarton in a car. Do the players not get buses for away games? 

There was a team bus, but quite a few of your players also arrived separately by car shortly before the team bus.