Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

4 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Already favourites for the relegation play off next season, I'd wager.

I’m banking on Edinburgh city being a bigger shit show to be honest 

Now we have nothing to play for tomorrow are we going to see the team even more uninterested, or will they actually try and have fun and just ignore Ray? Given 80% of the squad are probably leaving.

5 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Now we have nothing to play for tomorrow are we going to see the team even more uninterested, or will they actually try and have fun and just ignore Ray? Given 80% of the squad are probably leaving.

Working on the principal they will utterly down tools and take a humping just to piss him off and get him the punt.

For those interested heard today Hutchinson, Munro, nditi, skelly and seb Ross are all definitely away next season.

Skelly going lochee apparently, seb ross going Peterhead and nditi might be going back down south.

Of those I'd say Hutchinson leaving is the biggest surprise been brilliant and can only assume he's going to maybe Arbroath or Montrose or something? 

Nditi will be missed hugely great lad and been brilliant since going into midfield recently.

Seb going kinda expected, can score some good goals and been one of our better attacking players but seems like he just wants to go back closer home in Aberdeen so best of luck to him.

Skelly was expected, just simply hasn't worked out unfortunately.

Munro is mixed feelings, at about Christmas I think we were all saying his times up and he wasn't playing well at all but has to be said since then he came back into form and looked more like old andy last couple months and would have been happy for him to stick around. seems like he wants to be back closer to Edinburgh now tho so best of luck to him, he's been a good servant overall over the years.

Edited by ScottishLoon

5 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

For those interested heard today Hutchinson, Munro, nditi, skelly and seb Ross are all definitely away next season.

Skelly going lochee apparently, seb ross going Peterhead and nditi might be going back down south.

I spoke with Andy today and he said to me that McKinnon is the best manager he has played under🤣🤣🤣🤣 complete pack of lies from what I have heard from others. He also said he doesn't know what he is doing next season as the manager is keeping his cards close to his chest. 

11 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Good start at least 

3 minutes ago, farfirloon said:

I spoke with Andy today and he said to me that McKinnon is the best manager he has played under🤣🤣🤣🤣 complete pack of lies from what I have heard from others. He also said he doesn't know what he is doing next season as the manager is keeping his cards close to his chest. 

I've heard ray might be away 

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Skelly going lochee apparently

I’ve heard this as well tbf, Lochee willing to throw whatever money he wants at him. No big loss, started off well and then sailed off a cliff to where his true ability is.

Hutchison, Ross and Nditi would be the only three I would miss there. Hutchison would be great with a competent partner, Nditi has been one of our best players (despite being benched for daring to be called up for his country). Ross has done well too, can understand why he would want to go.

7 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

You sure? Last I heard he was still massively stuck up his own arse.

Scott Booth is always available to talk about Scott Booth in the 3rd Person.

fwiw, he smells like a messy divorce. Don't ask me how that's a thing, it just is.

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Of those I'd say Hutchinson leaving is the biggest surprise been brilliant and can only assume he's going to maybe Arbroath or Montrose or something? 

Nditi will be missed hugely great lad and been brilliant since going into midfield recently.

Seb going kinda expected, can score some good goals and been one of our better attacking players but seems like he just wants to go back closer home in Aberdeen so best of luck to him.

Skelly was expected, just simply hasn't worked out unfortunately.

Munro is mixed feelings, at about Christmas I think we were all saying his times up and he wasn't playing well at all but has to be said since then he came back into form and looked more like old andy last couple months and would have been happy for him to stick around. seems like he wants to be back closer to Edinburgh now tho so best of luck to him, he's been a good servant overall over the years.

Just proves how we have become a feeder club to Lochee, looking forward to the Forfar v Lochee derby in the Highland League in a couple years time. 🙄

We've known Hutchi was away, also not surprising to see the likes of Seb & Nditi departing, I would hazard a guess that if we'd had a more successful season top 4 all year or better they'd maybe stay but those two are definitely destined for football at a higher level.

It has felt like this was Munro's last season and I'm glad he vastly improved his form to depart on good terms.

Honestly, I thought Skelly might choose to stay knowing this is probably his last chance at the SPFL, but agree he's better suited to the junior game.

As for Ray, there's no chance the board will dispose of him, this season will be viewed as a success because we're not 10th (how ambitious 🙄) surely the only way Ray leaves is if he blags an assistant manager gig somewhere else.

10 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Only one I'm fussed about out of that lot is Hutchinson. 

I can understand that line of thinking, but the concern is who will replace them and who is in charge of replacing them.

1 hour ago, RateofKnots said:

I can understand that line of thinking, but the concern is who will replace them and who is in charge of replacing them.

We need a clearout if we're gonna do anything next season IMO.

The likes of Seb Ross has had a handful of decent games since he joined and been anonymous in all the rest, yet he seems to be highly rated by our supporters. It's a mystery to me.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Why anyone would be bothered about players leaving is beyond me , they are obviously not good enough to get out of this league , well maybe through the arse end of it