Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

Better effort. 

Still no real end product. 

Shocking goals to concede. 

Dont think Irvine should be let off the hook because it was a league one side. Kelty are honking. 

Getting a bit fed up of saying “we were the better team but”

Tonight we were genuinely really good. Stef sensational, Hanratty looked immense and yet we’ve still lost. So frustrating 

4 minutes ago, lwh said:

Tonight we were genuinely really good. Stef sensational, Hanratty looked immense and yet we’ve still lost. So frustrating 

You can’t be serious mate. We have very rarely been the better team this season.

We were bang average tonight as well, we are just lucky Kelty are also stinking their league out. Like I said, we looked better when Ben and James came on but we waste the ball so much.

7 minutes ago, lwh said:

sensational? Immense? jesus. 

32 minutes ago, lwh said:

This shout is almost as bad as your tweets during a game. 

1 minute ago, TheClosingArguement said:

This shout is almost as bad as your tweets during a game. 

Call it out how I see it. Stef and Hanratty were very very good, regardless of the score. 

1 hour ago, nofixedability said:

A very good second half performance I thought, would take that every week. Still poor goals to lose though. 

A very entertaining game.

Took in the game tonight and what a game it was.

Thought the first half was fairly even, Kelty probably just shaded it without creating many opportunities. Did look comfortable in possession. Forfar were very impressive second half and looked the likely winners.

The Loons moved the ball well, Slater looked a class above, so nimble and at ease on the ball, Hanratty was skipping by Philip like he wasn't there at times and causing havoc. Hanratty is going to terrify defences in L2 with his quick feet. IF he can find a little bit more end product then what a loan signing.

Aitken, McCluskey, Armour, Keatings all showed promise and something different. Don't know who should start but if the attackers click the wins will come guaranteed.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

Call it out how I see it. Stef and Hanratty were very very good, regardless of the score. 

Whilst they're good in spells, they're both wasteful & more often than not there's no end product. 

You can claim how good you think we are, but the facts are, we're shit. Our form is worse than when malcolm walked out the door. 

We're into bollan territory now. 

4 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

I would 100% agree with this, just unfortunate there was not a striker alongside them.

We had 2 sitting on the bench for the majority of the game. 

Aitken must be the 2nd coming of Pele in training... 

1 minute ago, TheClosingArguement said:

Whilst they're good in spells, they're both wasteful & more often than not there's no end product. 

You can claim how good you think we are, but the facts are, we're shit. Our form is worse than when malcolm walked out the door. 

We're into bollan territory now. 

Bollan had us romping league 2 tbf. I don’t think it’s panic stations yet, the performances have still been there and I think results will come soon. They need to start coming quickly though

3 minutes ago, lwh said:

Bollan had us romping league 2 tbf. I don’t think it’s panic stations yet, the performances have still been there and I think results will come soon. They need to start coming quickly though

Bollan managed to bottle the title. 

We have won 7 games in the previous 30 competitive fixtures. Sackable form at almost any level. 1 win in 13. It's all well & good playing entertaining football but it means jack shit if you don't win. It's absolutely panic stations. 

Edited by TheClosingArguement

4 minutes ago, lwh said:

I think fans forget just how entertaining Bolan's side was in L2 until he bottled it in the latter stages.  That said, he had a side that should never have been relegated in the first place and really should have walked L2.

Just now, TheClosingArguement said:

We had 2 sitting on the bench for the majority of the game. 

Aitken must be the 2nd coming of Pele in training... 

The manager still says Aitken fought his corner against the full backs. No he didn't, he lost the corner between them. Fell down as usual within 2 minutes. Keetings may be the saviour as up to now all of the fancy passing goes to nothing when it reaches the edge of the box.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

I think fans forget just how entertaining Bolan's side was in L2 until he bottled it in the latter stages.  That said, he had a side that should never have been relegated in the first place and really should have walked L2.

Then he proceeded to fully shit the bed in almost record time upon our return to L1. 

6 minutes ago, lwh said:

Bollan’s ego and man management was the reason we bottled L2.

It definitely is panic stations, if one win in thirteen isn’t cause for panic stations then what is?! We ended last season poorly and have somehow been worse this season. The performances have been disappointing and lacklustre. Results do need to start coming quickly but I don’t think a good run will come until Irvine is gone.