Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

44 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Oh, I'd love to keep him in the stand if we could. It's great to have that option compared to the Munro plus one other we've had for a while.

We started last season with Whyte, Munro, Dailly and Hussain…

Whatever you may or may not think of Mckinnon and his antics I do think he's gonna have this team up there and challenging for promotion,  I don't like what he did nor do I like the prospect of him up and leaving at the earliest possibility but the early signs for a good season are there for sure, hopefully a couple more additions and we could well be a force. 

9 hours ago, C_titz said:

Aye , defence looks really good . I still have reservations about nditi . Matty Allan , Morrison & Hutchison all good ball players 

I was messaging a colleague, who’s a Montrose supporter, after the game, he said he would love Montrose to sign “pineapple heed” as he called him. 
I personally highly rate Roberto, one of my favourite players right now, I think we’re very fortunate to have him and all his colleagues in defence, we need to be strong at both ends of the pitch, the strike force is getting there, the defence looks like it could well be the best in the league.

There was a rumour going about at the game that we have a striker signing this week.

Hope it's true because when skelly went off you noticed the lack of a presence up top without him right away, even though we still played some good counter attacking football.

Edited by ScottishLoon

4 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

There was a rumour going about at the game that we have a striker signing this week.

Hope it's true because when skelly went off you noticed the lack of a presence up top without him right away, even though we still played some good counter attacking football.

Whispers are that it's a lad from Aberdeen. Don't know any names though.

24 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Whispers are that it's a lad from Aberdeen. Don't know any names though.

From what I can see on their website and trasfermarkt is it's either highly rated Alfie bavidge or two 16 year olds called Cammy Wilson and Fraser Mackie.

Unless we've somehow pulled off recently released Connor McLennan. 😂

Side note: alfie bavidge is  actually the son of our once former striker Martin bavidge.

Edited by ScottishLoon

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Skelly looks in much better shape than I thought he would. He’s got a cracking left foot and a bit of quality about him I think he might do pretty well this year.  

He’s impressed me so far . Runs himself into the ground but not aimlessly . Leads the line really well 

8 minutes ago, C_titz said:

He’s impressed me so far . Runs himself into the ground but not aimlessly . Leads the line really well 

Aye guys a clever player like I quite liked him at Arbroath, just fell out the team in L1 and a few injuries meant he come back a bit bigger (was a wee skinny winger when he first came to us) which didn’t suit us or him or his position on the park. If he can get properly fit I would fancy him to be up there in the scoring charts, not many stand out strikers in L2 this season. Could be the difference 

14 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

That late disallowed goal, looked an OG so couldn’t be offside…

Nah not for me. Think it’s thomo’s touch and he looks infront of the defender even though camera doesn’t catch him. The set up from Moore is excellent 

Edited by lwh

5 minutes ago, lwh said:

Nah not for me. Think it’s thomo’s touch and he looks infront of the defender even though camera doesn’t catch him. The set up from Moore is excellent 

Sounds like Moore going well this pre season?good to hear.