Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've watched all your highlights so far, and I have to say that I really like the look of Josh Skelly. I'm always a bit suspicious of players who have scored a stupid number of goals at a lower level, very few seem to make the step up. But from the highlights he seems like a guy with a bit of everything. It might just be the hairline, but the way he controls the ball, his layoffs and his finish last night gives me prime Liam Boyce at Ross County flashbacks.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the league. It feels like the onus is really on him to be your goalscorer this year, and so far he looks very comfortable in that role.

To be fair, goals are coming from elsewhere, it’s not so much goalscorer but front man. Just someone to lead the line and he’s been excellent at that so far

24 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I've watched all your highlights so far, and I have to say that I really like the look of Josh Skelly. I'm always a bit suspicious of players who have scored a stupid number of goals at a lower level, very few seem to make the step up. But from the highlights he seems like a guy with a bit of everything. It might just be the hairline, but the way he controls the ball, his layoffs and his finish last night gives me prime Liam Boyce at Ross County flashbacks.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in the league. It feels like the onus is really on him to be your goalscorer this year, and so far he looks very comfortable in that role.

He's got a bit of a point to prove in the spfl too with how things went for him in the past.

I agree with most of what you're saying, he's also got a wand of a left foot. the only slight issue maybe so far has been a rush to get his shots off at times but when he does show the composure like he did for the 3rd goal there's nothing not to like.

Edited by ScottishLoon

12 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Looks like the person who makes the highlights had the same thought as you.

Look at Paterson racing after him. Love how quickly the new players have bought in to it

13 hours ago, Bridie Vision said:

Here's the highlights for anyone who hasn't yet watched the brilliant game!

That was very impressive viewing,  loving the look of Josh Skelly, keep him fit and he could be a 20+ goals striker. 

1 hour ago, IpswichLoon said:

That was very impressive viewing,  loving the look of Josh Skelly, keep him fit and he could be a 20+ goals striker. 

Skelly has done more in these 3 games than Aitken done in a full season.

Are we now at a stage that we're going to St Mirren on Saturday to get through to the next 16 of the League cup, yes we are.

Are we going to do it? Who give a f**k.

Travel in numbers Loons, we have not been this happy for a long time, It can change in a day, see last month.

Anyone not able to travel, PM on the Satuday, I'll find a stream for you.

52 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Are we now at a stage that we're going to St Mirren on Saturday to get through to the next 16 of the League cup, yes we are.

Are we going to do it? Who give a f**k.

Travel in numbers Loons, we have not been this happy for a long time, It can change in a day, see last month.

Anyone not able to travel, PM on the Satuday, I'll find a stream for you.

I would love it if there was a stream for the game, is that likely? 

58 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Favourites for the title ye reckin ?? 

We might well be for some giving how well we're playing, however last time we were favourites for a league we bottled the title In the last couple games to our Angus rivals Arbroath.

I think most of us are cautiously optimistic with that in recent memory but we are very much excited after this group stage to see what we can do.

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Favourites for the title ye reckin ?? 

I've just tipped Forfar for the title in the paper's season preview. So that's them humped. Last year it was Stenny, the season before that (in L1) it was Falkirk.

51 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

We might well be for some giving how well we're playing, however last time we were favourites for a league we bottled the title In the last couple games to our Angus rivals Arbroath.

I think most of us are cautiously optimistic with that in recent memory but we are very much excited after this group stage to see what we can do.

Ray McKinnon's reputational turnaround must now be rivalling that of Good Queen Camilla.

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Ray McKinnon's reputational turnaround must now be rivalling that of Good Queen Camilla.

There's still going to be/has been an air of directing the majority of praise to the players from supporters.

Not everyone here will agree but until we're still looking this good about October/November time then that's when I'll personally start signalling Ray out for the praise but for now I'm fully bigging up the players who have been brilliant in the few games so far.

13 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Not everyone here will agree but until we're still looking this good about October/November time then that's when I'll personally start signalling Ray out for the praise but for now I'm fully bigging up the players who have been brilliant in the few games so far.

I think it's perfectly ok to praise McKinnon and the players right now. McKinnon turned Forfar around from what was heading for a disastrous season, and now is building a squad that is playing together as a team, is motivated and playing some excellent football.

Also, I felt that in the dismantling of Arbroath there was a definite change of atmosphere and buzz of excitement around the place. Early days, obviously, but I'm definitely looking forward to the new team and new season.*

*And hoping this doesn't come back to bite me!

1 minute ago, Dan Steele said:

I think it's perfectly ok to praise McKinnon and the players right now. McKinnon turned Forfar around from what was heading for a disastrous season, and now is building a squad that is playing together as a team, is motivated and playing some excellent football.

Also, I felt that in the dismantling of Arbroath there was a definite change of atmosphere and buzz of excitement around the place. Early days, obviously, but I'm definitely looking forward to the new team and new season.*

*And hoping this doesn't come back to bite me!

Surely for Ray’s reputation he’s here for the season now. Would be a P.R disaster if he upped and left again. If he makes it to May I think we’ll be champions