Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Keeping a keen eye on Forfar after hearing they were away to do the League Cup and League 2 double, obviously went out of the League Cup in hilarious fashion after acting like you’d won it and it seems like it’s been a pretty underwhelming start to the League campaign too 

What ashame 

It didn’t matter about getting out the group as we haven’t gotten out in years. The only thing that mattered was beating Arbroath and Montrose, we did both.

19 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

What are you comparing us against?

You realise this is league 2 football and not premiership right? Yes we're not playing well but that doesn't mean they're bad players in general.

individual player ability goes out the window when your manager is working against you and making you do stuff that isn't working.

I'm comparing it with every other part time club. Midfield to front we are so limited and for the first time in a long time we have no players -other than Thomson, who McKinnon doesn't play- that I look forward to go and see.

I seen enough from some of these boys last year to make me think they weren't good enough and couldn't believe McKinnon brought them back.

7 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

We are continuously starting Andy Munro, making our defence one of the worst automatically. Outside of him, Whyte, Morrison, Allan and Nditi is a good defence but still lacking a LB.

Admittedly Munro has been off the boil for a long time now and shouldn't be captain or playing but he's still not" one of the worst defenders in this league" that people keep claiming. the midfield need to get on the ball and stop forcing him to punt it which would massively help.

Edited by ScottishLoon

3 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Admittedly Munro has been off the boil for a long time now and shouldn't be captain or playing but he's still not" one of the worst defenders in this league" that people keep claiming. the midfield need to get on the ball and stop forcing him to punt it which would massively help.

Obviously I remember Munro from his wee spell at Clyde and I thought he was fine. Nothing more, nothing less. Having seen him again today I felt he was much the same.

10 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Obviously I remember Munro from his wee spell at Clyde and I thought he was fine. Nothing more, nothing less. Having seen him again today I felt he was much the same.

The people who go out the way to bash him every single chance are the same ones who didn't give credit to him for scoring 9 league goals the season before last.

Edited by ScottishLoon

12 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

The people who go out the way to bash him every single chance are the same ones who didn't give credit to him for scoring 9 league goals the season before last.

How can you defend his performance today, 3 or 4 times he attempted to pass and it either went out of play or to the opposition. By the end he was just getting in the way . It’s mental that Hutchison and whyte are sitting on the bench and he’s playing as club captain!!

Just now, C_titz said:

How can you defend his performance today, 3 or 4 times he attempted to pass and it either went out of play or to the opposition. By the end he was just getting in the way . It’s mental that Hutchison and whyte are sitting on the bench and he’s playing as club captain!!

How did I defend his performance.

26 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

37 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

9th is very much the target. 

Not quite Irvine territory, but not that far away.

9th is definitely not the target, as bad as we've started there's 3 teams that have been worse below us. Not to mention all it would take is two wins and we'll be back in the hunt.

Edited by ScottishLoon

13 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

It's worse IMO.

Irvine's first season in charge seems to have been erased from some folks memories, you know the one where Matty Aitken was good.

We were only good up until Christmas that season then in true Forfar fashion imploded (or started playing Harkins, whatever one fits). No wonder people have tried to erase it.

4 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

We were only good up until Christmas that season then in true Forfar fashion imploded (or started playing Harkins, whatever one fits). No wonder people have tried to erase it.

Aye let's erase the season where we finished 2nd only to money filled kelty and were pretty happy after a disaster COVID season.

if you can't enjoy that season I dread to think what you can enjoy.

Edited by ScottishLoon

4 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Plenty of people have given him credit for scoring 9 goals, for a defender that’s great but at the same time he wasn’t exactly covering himself in glory at the back. Far too many fans, on Facebook especially, used the ‘he scored 9 league goals’ to defend him when he’s been slated, that’s not an automatic pass on being held accountable for his faults.

20 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Plenty of people have given him credit for scoring 9 goals, for a defender that’s great but at the same time he wasn’t exactly covering himself in glory at the back. Far too many fans, on Facebook especially, used the ‘he scored 9 league goals’ to defend him when he’s been slated, that’s not an automatic pass on being held accountable for his faults.

People are making out he's the main reason why we're not winning which is mad when scoring and creating goals is the problem.

As bad as our football has been, defensively we've been relatively okay on the whole apart from the half an hour at Dumbarton.

Edited by ScottishLoon

That was without doubt the worst game of football I have ever witnessed.

Mckinnon needs to have a complete re-think here and actually go out and attack and try to win games.

I agree with some that I think we do have a decent squad, but it’s being held back by his defensive tactics.

I’ve not missed a game home or away since I moved back up the road, but I simply cannot go and watch that every week, it’s just not enjoyable to watch.

The week off might come at a good time for us, hopefully we can regroup and start afresh in a fortnight.