Forfar Athletic News 2018 onwards

I can't get my head around McKinnon watching our midfield every week and thinking it's Whatley that needs left out.

Folk shouting for Patterson to get a wee run seems fair at this point but Inglis? Not for me he was murder after coming on. I'm still waiting on him doing something/anything.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I can't get my head around McKinnon watching our midfield every week and thinking it's Whatley that needs left out.

Folk shouting for Patterson to get a wee run seems fair at this point but Inglis? Not for me he was murder after coming on. I'm still waiting on him doing something/anything.

Yes I agree, struggled today.

Could just be needing match fitness, but a bit off it today.

On 16/12/2023 at 20:10, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Yeh I kinda agree on this point, I’m sure there’s a player in there but having to work off of scraps on the wing is crazy. 

Also, why are we persisting with leaving Paterson on the bench?

From what has been mentioned on here and elsewhere, he appears to be one of our only threats going forward.

44 minutes ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

Any chance Darren Whyte's work situation allowing him to come back to us in January?

He’s currently injured.

In any case he’s only played in midfield for us when he was fit, certainly not a midfield player, no idea what he is like at the back so I assume he will be going back to you when McCall start his long awaited clear out and signing spree. (McCall won’t have even seen him play for us)

Edited by FREDDYFRY

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

He’s currently injured.

In any case he’s only played in midfield for us when he was fit, certainly not a midfield player, no idea what he is like at the back so I assume he will be going back to you when McCall start his long awaited clear out and signing spree. (McCall won’t have even seen him play for us)

He’s much better at the back, arguably our best centre half alongside Morrison.

I was astonished that he was loaned out, only downside to him is he is injury a hell of a lot.

a lot of talk about work commitments though, so I Wouldn’t be surprised now if she’s shipped out by McKinnon in January. 

I hope not. 

3 hours ago, Port Talbot Loons said:

Also, why are we persisting with leaving Paterson on the bench?

From what has been mentioned on here and elsewhere, he appears to be one of our only threats going forward.

I've gave up with that one, seems crazy.

same reason he's not used MacLeod, not the safe option, too much 'off the cuff' doesn't pass sideways.

On 16/12/2023 at 21:59, ForfarLoon84 said:

Maybe mate, I’m probably thinking back to the League Cup when he had a couple of good performances.

The couple of good performances unfortunately was not followed up by much after that which has disappointed us all. However it is what it is and it is understandable that there is dissent coming from the fans. The reality is that there is little chance of major changes being made as the management staff and players are all on contract and disappointing cup draws and results have not brought much money in. Yes I disagree with some of the tactics and team selections and yes I'm not too happy with performances but a realistic approach now would be to accept that remaining in the league, even climbing slightly higher is the target.

Difficult as it may be for some, we need to get behind our team.