-Grand Theft Premiership V- (Hamilton Academical 2018/2019 thread.)

That would make sense as if we get these 3 I can't see us signing many more as that will be a 1st team squad of 27.

Keepers - Woods, Fulton,

Defenders - Van Der Weg, Penney, Gogic, Want, McMann, Ziggy, McGowan and Sowah

Midfield - Taiwo, McKinnon, Lyon, Imrie, Miller, Jenkins, Smith

Forwards - Bingham, Ogmpoe, Rojano, Bloomfield,

When you take out Tierney, Boyd, Hughes, Cunningham, Garcia, etc. As I have above, Who will be loaned out or mostly playing under 20s/sitting on the bench. The squad still lacks something imo.

Not rated by Grimsby fans. Barely played last season. Not had great productivity. 

Hopefully he finds his feet here, and I can see him being a squad player more than anything. 

Right, this next one's GOT to be Sowah, eh :lol: 

12 games last season for a side nearly relegated to The Conference and not exactly glowing reviews leaves one underwhelmed with  this guy  and some of our other recent  signings.

We need to add some experience a la Ziggy,perhaps Temps and Lawless as the only proven signing so far is Taiwo;worrying that nothing forthcoming about McGowan for a position which we desperately need to fill.

Hopefully, we haven't replaced Eurodross with English lower League dross;only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

12 games last season for a side nearly relegated to The Conference and not exactly glowing reviews leaves one underwhelmed with  this guy  and some of our other recent  signings.

We need to add some experience a la Ziggy,perhaps Temps and Lawless as the only proven signing so far is Taiwo;worrying that nothing forthcoming about McGowan for a position which we desperately need to fill.

Hopefully, we haven't replaced Eurodross with English lower League dross;only time will tell.

It seems that they can't be dross if they were born in the UK :rolleyes:

I'm happy with a few of our signings (McGowan, Penny and maybe Smith), but I think people are getting excited because we aren't signing foreigners, rather than because we're signing good players.  

It's great that the signings are being done early though. 

McGowan and Ziggy still under contract. Don't think they will announce anything with them until July 1st.