• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, recorded a podcast with Paddy Boyle last night. The big man was on great form and talks very fondly about his five months at Dumbarton in 2009. Some great stories about the club. I think you might enjoy it.

CLICK

Really enjoyable listen. Paddy's had a very interesting career.

Nice to hear him talk so fondly about what was such a great season for us. That team was unstoppable for the last few months of that season. I remember the first time seriously thinking we could do it was in a midweek game away to Forfar, which we won (I think) with a Ross Clark goal.

Good times.

6 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, recorded a podcast with Paddy Boyle last night. The big man was on great form and talks very fondly about his five months at Dumbarton in 2009. Some great stories about the club. I think you might enjoy it.

CLICK

That was braw!

Should start a goalkeeper debate to liven things up.

Derek Gaston tweeted recently that Morton haven't been in touch with him about a new deal. He'd be fantastic for us if they aren't interested in keeping him on, I'd imagine a Championship club would offer him something though.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Should start a goalkeeper debate to liven things up.

Derek Gaston tweeted recently that Morton haven't been in touch with him about a new deal. He'd be fantastic for us if they aren't interested in keeping him on, I'd imagine a Championship club would offer him something though.

No idea about any keepers, but is big Robert Thomson still in the picture at Morton? He'd be good, deployed in League 1.

Eta - Lawrie Williams is the greatest Sons keeper I ever saw, closely followed by Tom Carson. :wub:

7 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

No idea about any keepers, but is big Robert Thomson still in the picture at Morton? He'd be good, deployed in League 1.

Signed a two-year deal last summer I'm sure - but who knows if McKinnon will fancy him. Because of his Sons connection he'll probably quickly bin him - and I'd love to have him back at the Rock.

Talking keepers who all remembers Peter Shaw! Or Sheter Paw as was often the chant.

Personally I still think Jazza was one of the better keepers we've had, not so much last season obviously.

1 minute ago, Sub-Keeper said:

Talking keepers who all remembers Peter Shaw! Or Sheter Paw as was often the chant.

Personally I still think Jazza was one of the better keepers we've had, not so much last season obviously.

I'd agree on Jaz, he was very underrated. On his day he was as good as anyone we've had recently (thinking that game at Ibrox especially) it's just a shame that he never really managed to put a full season together; work got in the way in his first season, Shay then kept the No.1 shirt for start of the next campaign, Jamie won it back and then suffered that horrible injury against Livi that ruled him out for a wee while, then we had the great debate season before Danny Rogers arrived and was magnificent. Stevie brought in Mark Brown,  and stuck by him until it became impossible, Jamie replaced him with a MOTM showing against Raith and pretty much kept the shirt until the summer...when his serious back injury forced us to bring in Alan Martin who was (imo) even better than Rogers.

Says a lot about him that three different managers have all had him as their number one until other factors got in the way.

11 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'd agree on Jaz, he was very underrated. On his day he was as good as anyone we've had recently (thinking that game at Ibrox especially) it's just a shame that he never really managed to put a full season together; work got in the way in his first season, Shay then kept the No.1 shirt for start of the next campaign, Jamie won it back and then suffered that horrible injury against Livi that ruled him out for a wee while, then we had the great debate season before Danny Rogers arrived and was magnificent. Stevie brought in Mark Brown,  and stuck by him until it became impossible, Jamie replaced him with a MOTM showing against Raith and pretty much kept the shirt until the summer...when his serious back injury forced us to bring in Alan Martin who was (imo) even better than Rogers.

Says a lot about him that three different managers have all had him as their number one until other factors got in the way.

Aye he was decent, but he never seemed to keep his height fully under control.

Just now, sarti pooh said:

Wouldn't mind one of our loans going on a promising keeper. Any names?

BBPF shout of Robbie McCrorie a few pages back was a good one, but it seems Ayr fancy him. Celtic U20's 'keeper Ross Doohan is from Clydebank and is still to make his senior debut after not featuring for Morton. Not sure he's staunch enough for us, but a season of regular gametime might be what Celtic are looking for - and with Lindsay/Waters/J.Thomson and Wardrop we seem to have a good relationship with them.

Rohan Ferguson at Motherwell (with Jamie coaching there) is another who might be a shout - but he's already played plenty in L1 so they might want him playing at a higher level.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

Eta - Lawrie Williams is the greatest Sons keeper I ever saw, closely followed by Tom Carson. :wub:

1 hour ago, optimistic said:

Never forget Faldo, Stevie g, wighty, and Aldo Martin

Gordon Arthur was pretty handy between the sticks too.

Archived