League Cup Group D

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Decent win but normally to beat a premiership team away from home you need to be absolutely superb and we were far from that. We'll face tougher tests in the league.

Can't argue with that unfortunately. We were utterly horrendous. McCann has been saying that we are treating this competition seriously - good few players were half arsed today. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craigen, Longridge, Robinson and Williamson were all stand-outs for me.

Other longridge was utterly invisible.

That said, we should have had to play much better to win there, that looked like we were playing a lower/mid table championship team away.

Hopefully el Bak is able to play on Wednesday at Brechin - where we have a good record but where we need to make sure we take our chances, and then we'll have a great chance of topping the group and possibly doing so as one of the seeded sides.

For today, I was disappointed with Dundee. We were a bit sloppy in possession at times but with an early goal it's not such a big issue. They were needing to get back into things and were all over the place, especially in the first half. Other than Robinson's great save where he was already halfway down and the one that hit the bar, Dundee didn't really create an awful lot, and we looked good on the break and if we had a proper striker on we could have had one or two more.

Early days but good to see us looking comfortable with the three at the back and with Vincent, Beadling and el Bak to come into the squad it looks promising.

I watched the Open instead but heard we played ok and Craigen was excellent.

A win and a draw from Brechin away and Stirling at home would guarantee top spot and if we can't manage that we don't deserve to go through tbh. Would be a fine achievement to win a group ahead of a Premiership side for the second season running.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I watched the Open instead but heard we played ok and Craigen was excellent.

A win and a draw from Brechin away and Stirling at home would guarantee top spot and if we can't manage that we don't deserve to go through tbh. Would be a fine achievement to win a group ahead of a Premiership side for the second season running.

A win and a draw would do us as well . ............................. Never thought I'd be saying that after last season !!! :o

12 minutes ago, The Glorious One said:

tumblr_ov4tyieOtK1r2zt15o4_400.gif

I assume you made your train?

@speccy1984 (hope I have the right person here!); I owe you a beer! Had to bail as got an unexpected phone call from the old man. But very good to meet you and you seem to be an excellent gentleman

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I assume you made your train?

@speccy1984 (hope I have the right person here!); I owe you a beer! Had to bail as got an unexpected phone call from the old man. But very good to meet you and you seem to be an excellent gentleman

Either that or I am lying naked on someone else's couch... 

9 minutes ago, The Glorious One said:

Either that or I am lying naked on someone else's couch... 

Well I'm on one couch and just had a look at the other. You're on neither 

1 hour ago, mikedafc said:
8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:
Did Dundee water the pitch? Hosepipe ban?

apparently was too long and sticky according to McCann in post match interview

Our pitch didn't look through best today and we've usually got one of the best pitches in Scotland. We had the sprinklers on before the game and during HT. The ball was definitely slowing down on the pitch.

Not that that matters, we were laborious and clueless all over. Deserved win for Dunfermline, hope you keep the DABs down. 

My big worry is that we are now under serious pressure of not progressing. Peterhead away isn't an easy task particularly when he have absolutely nothing up front. It's imperative we sign someone before Tuesday or Haber returns. 

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Our pitch didn't look through best today and we've usually got one of the best pitches in Scotland. We had the sprinklers on before the game and during HT. The ball was definitely slowing down on the pitch.

Not that that matters, we were laborious and clueless all over. Deserved win for Dunfermline, hope you keep the DABs down. 

My big worry is that we are now under serious pressure of not progressing. Peterhead away isn't an easy task particularly when he have absolutely nothing up front. It's imperative we sign someone before Tuesday or Haber returns. 

Peterhead are a strong physical team and not too shabby in attack. They did tire in the last 15-20 minutes though. 

I think DFC have enough to take the points from them but, it won't be and easy task. 

Well played Pars. Well organised and hard to break down. You’ll do well this season.

Hopefully McCann learns from this and gets a couple more bodies in.

Thank you.

Archived