Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

On 11/11/2018 at 12:43, Blue Oktober said:

I was looking out for you and your new disciples yesterday. I thought I caught a glimpse of you in the bar at half time I was heading  back to the stand with my guest. I was looking around at full time and asking some of the Cowden fans as I wanted to say hello & thanks to you all but couldn't see you. Never the less hopefully you enjoyed your day great to see  Renton finally open his account he's ben working so hard the last few weeks this will give him a huge boost. Skelly's finish brilliant and the effort off the post would have been a cracker.

Davy Cox fighting chest infection really feeling it but you would never know from his performance as ever 110% effort and a real handful for Annan defenders.

Hopefully get the chance to say hello soon mate. Remember tell your mates to text for the chance to win.

Cheers

Ahh mate, it was a shame we missed each other, and I'd have loved to shake Bryan's hand for his efforts towards the end of last season. We were in the bar at half-time (as well as pre-match and post-match!). Like fools we decided to stand at the open end where Cowden attacked first half (desperately trying to seek shelter under that small building in the far corner) before moving to the 'bar end' for the second half.

Thankfully, I did bump into Andy M at Carlisle station and happily stocked up on my much-loved programmes (and Black Diamonds badge) from the last month or two, which the newcomers with me seemed to appreciate just as much as I do, so well done again to everyone involved with the Blue Brazilian - it's a big part of what makes watching Cowden so enjoyable.

And I'm still smiling now abut Saturday, despite the result buggering up my accumulator - the old reverse psychology trick working a treat!

A few of us will be heading up to Albion Rovers in a few weeks for what will probably be my final game for a few months, so if you traveling to Coatbridge we can hopefully catch up then pal.

After thinking about the items being released for Christmas posted earlier, I've got a question for anyone involved at the club, if you are reading.

I've just been looking at the club shop page and was wondering, with the crap weather now upon us and Christmas not far off, who decides what range of merchandise the club produces (with Football Nation obviously producing all items), and will there be a new range of gear released in the coming weeks?

Cheers, Dave

23 hours ago, Drifter said:

Ahh mate, it was a shame we missed each other, and I'd have loved to shake Bryan's hand for his efforts towards the end of last season. We were in the bar at half-time (as well as pre-match and post-match!). Like fools we decided to stand at the open end where Cowden attacked first half (desperately trying to seek shelter under that small building in the far corner) before moving to the 'bar end' for the second half.

Thankfully, I did bump into Andy M at Carlisle station and happily stocked up on my much-loved programmes (and Black Diamonds badge) from the last month or two, which the newcomers with me seemed to appreciate just as much as I do, so well done again to everyone involved with the Blue Brazilian - it's a big part of what makes watching Cowden so enjoyable.

And I'm still smiling now abut Saturday, despite the result buggering up my accumulator - the old reverse psychology trick working a treat!

A few of us will be heading up to Albion Rovers in a few weeks for what will probably be my final game for a few months, so if you traveling to Coatbridge we can hopefully catch up then pal.

Don't know how I messed you Bryan popped into the bar post match & got pictures taken with fans. I streamed a short video interview which has been retweeted on the Clubs Official Twitter account have a peek.

Should be at Albion Rovers so hopefully catch up then mate.

Edited by Blue Oktober

14 hours ago, Drifter said:

After thinking about the items being released for Christmas posted earlier, I've got a question for anyone involved at the club, if you are reading.

I've just been looking at the club shop page and was wondering, with the crap weather now upon us and Christmas not far off, who decides what range of merchandise the club produces (with Football Nation obviously producing all items), and will there be a new range of gear released in the coming weeks?

Cheers, Dave

Most of the items sold by Football Nation are dictated by what Errea  produce. There are other items sourced though feedback etc and we cover at board meetings. The items I have produced are an attempt to create something a little different where I think there could be demand especially in the younger age groups, I could be wrong but initial feedback has been positive & text entries going well. The items have been carefully sourced and checked to make sure we're giving fans not only something different. For the Cowden-beats I am currently looking at protecting purpose built storage cases which will be an optional additional product. 

Working on a couple of other possibilities but any suggestions always welcome mate.

Catch up soon.

Hi guys , ive been in discussion with blue oktober with some ideas and one of them is giving the club a bit more exposure on social media , as i cant make the games every week due to work commitments we were thinking of me trying to get to the training once a week and conducting a video interview with a player/coach possibly every week of every couple of weeks , a know that in the past when ross cunningham did this i enjoyed it and so did others i have spoken to , is this something you guys would watch ?

5 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Hi guys , ive been in discussion with blue oktober with some ideas and one of them is giving the club a bit more exposure on social media , as i cant make the games every week due to work commitments we were thinking of me trying to get to the training once a week and conducting a video interview with a player/coach possibly every week of every couple of weeks , a know that in the past when ross cunningham did this i enjoyed it and so did others i have spoken to , is this something you guys would watch ?

Have been quite impressed with Keltys social media exposure, and anything to improve ours is a good thing surely. 

3 minutes ago, big al said:

Have been quite impressed with Keltys social media exposure, and anything to improve ours is a good thing surely. 

Al

Thanks for the feedback mate is there anything the Kelty do you think is particularly good that we could learn from .

I have agreed with the Manager & Fozzy  for Cowden_T.I.D to have access to training sessions and be able to do short player manager interviews etc. I'm trying to stream interviews & behind the scenes videos too which seems to be quite popular. Getting matches recorded as the person we had has  opted out but something would like to cover if we could get someone willing & able to record & edit etc.

Any suggestions genuinely welcomed.

46 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

I'd watch it certainly just as long as it wasn't too repetitive.  Would be great to get more of a presence online. 

42 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Good few going early doors on train
Drop big Al a text emoji481.pngemoji481.pngemoji481.png

Whats the plans after the game delboy.

Superb idea, our social media platform has been poor over the last couple of season, I agree with al kelty’s has been impressive, even the way we announce signings etc could be a little bit more creative. I look forward to seeing these interviews

6 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Superb idea, our social media platform has been poor over the last couple of season, I agree with al kelty’s has been impressive, even the way we announce signings etc could be a little bit more creative. I look forward to seeing these interviews

Thanks again for your comments really appreciated and a good point on signings I had identified that previously we need to announce these on social media such as Twitter with a live stream.

Like Al you've pointed out Kelty for their approach is there anything in particular that you think is good we can learn from?

Thanks again

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 15:02, The Minertaur said:

I think they are brilliant.  Would love the blue pair for Christmas!

The postponed match v Queens Park has been rearranged for Tuesday the 27th of November.

Well coming soon as an accessory protect your Cowdenbeats with a sturdy case with clip on carabiner for safe sounds on the Moooove. Remember Chance to win Text CFC WIN followed by your name address & email to 60777

Beats Case.jpg

4 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Al

Thanks for the feedback mate is there anything the Kelty do you think is particularly good that we could learn from .

I have agreed with the Manager & Fozzy  for Cowden_T.I.D to have access to training sessions and be able to do short player manager interviews etc. I'm trying to stream interviews & behind the scenes videos too which seems to be quite popular. Getting matches recorded as the person we had has  opted out but something would like to cover if we could get someone willing & able to record & edit etc.

Any suggestions genuinely welcomed.

I mentioned Kelty because they are on my Facebook page. Don’t think I have any other clubs on it so nobody else to compare with, apart from ourselves!

A good highlights package is the obvious improvement we could do, but it’s not easy to get the right volunteer. 

Dales idea is good, well done. Fans like to be kept informed, and the Facebook page is fairly active, and ideas like this 1 will enhance it. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Oktober said:

Well coming soon as an accessory protect your Cowdenbeats with a sturdy case with clip on carabiner for safe sounds on the Moooove. Remember Chance to win Text CFC WIN followed by your name address & email to 60777

Beats Case.jpg

Pretty cool

9 minutes ago, big al said:

I mentioned Kelty because they are on my Facebook page. Don’t think I have any other clubs on it so nobody else to compare with, apart from ourselves!

A good highlights package is the obvious improvement we could do, but it’s not easy to get the right volunteer. 

Dales idea is good, well done. Fans like to be kept informed, and the Facebook page is fairly active, and ideas like this 1 will enhance it. 

Cheers Al feedback much appreciated I'd love to get someone to do coverage & edit feedback anyone out there please speak to us.

Dale has been brilliant in putting himself forward & watches a lot of lower league social media content south of the border so  pretty well placed,  and I will try and chip in with streams etc. I sounded out the management and players who are more than up for taking part too.

I have a couple of players I am trying to organise a photo shoot to promote the Cowdenbeats again hopefully with a bit of humour they certainly think the ideas funny so lets see what the paying public think lol.

As ever many thanks for your input always appreciated.