West Super Saturday

Redbrae

So. It's here. Cumnock vs Talbot in one corner and Beith vs Girvan in the other. Last game of the league season; Talbot, SJ cup winners 2018 and 1 point in front of Beith and favourites to win the league by fielding their strongest team,(many of whom they rested last night) against their biggest adversary, Cumnock.  Beith at home, must win...but Talbot, if they draw or get beaten Beith wins the league...anything else; Talbot picks up another trophy. I think that's how it goes?

COTM.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All about who turns up in the mood this Saturday. The Talbot players know what's desired. Everyone of them are down to earth guys. Tucker and Alan aswell as the backroom staff well have them up for this game. Cumnock always up their game against Talbot. Just a pity they don't show the same effort against other big teams.

End of the day this is what football is all about. It's Gonna be edgy and you never know Girvan might just surprise a few folk. (I won't hold my breath though) [emoji23]

9 hours ago, Redbrae said:

So. It's here. Cumnock vs Talbot in one corner and Beith vs Girvan in the other. Last game of the league season; Talbot, SJ cup winners 2018 and 1 point in front of Beith and favourites to win the league by fielding their strongest team,(many of whom they rested last night) against their biggest adversary, Cumnock.  Beith at home, must win...but Talbot, if they draw or get beaten Beith wins the league...anything else; Talbot picks up another trophy. I think that's how it goes?

COTM.

Put simply, Beith need to better Talbot's result. 

It's a great way to end the season, I can't remember it going to the last day with 2 potential winners playing in different venues although I'm sure it must have happened a few times.  

The logistics of presenting the trophy on the day are difficult but I doubt the winners (or the losers) will care as it's all about the achievement and it's not as if the sides don't have more games to get the presentation done. 

I think the pendulum has swung back in Talbot's favour. I know they were in the better points position but had they lost to Pollok then Hurlford this would have been a massive pressure game. Having lifted the Scottish in the way they did the tension will be alleviated and the legs will feel fresh again, although Cumnock will Kevin Keegan style love it if they can derail the  Talbot double so there's no question of Talbot getting to canter it. 

For Beith it's just about making sure they do their bit, Girvan are a dangerous side with a few goals about them. 

A brilliant day in prospect!

Don't think it's about pumping it up. Yes we were very successful there this season in the Junior Cup and that one result more than anything else provided the springboard for the rest of the Talbot season.

Having taken great delight in beating them at Beechwood to releagte them Cumnock are certainly not going to want us to go to Townhead and secure another Super League title on their own ground. I foresee red and yellow cards tomorrow, and perhaps a return to the Cumncok / Talbot derbies of old.

As a Largs fan I suppose I should want Talbot to win this but I fancy Beith to nick it. Openly admit to a bit of Talbot envy and sick of them winning everything. Also, if we go up and Beith win the league then next Saturdays Ayrshire final would have a bumper crowd if it was Largs-Beith

Don't think it's about pumping it up. Yes we were very successful there this season in the Junior Cup and that one result more than anything else provided the springboard for the rest of the Talbot season.
Having taken great delight in beating them at Beechwood to releagte them Cumnock are certainly not going to want us to go to Townhead and secure another Super League title on their own ground. I foresee red and yellow cards tomorrow, and perhaps a return to the Cumncok / Talbot derbies of old.
I wouldn't expect less. Cumnock will be up for this game as much as Talbot. Great way to end the season.

The haters are just gonna have to keep hating [emoji16]

At the end of the day its Talbots title to lose. They have the advantage of being a point ahead and are strong favs to beat Cumnock .  I would be very surprised at any other result than a talbot win tomorrow.  and the wholle thing will end in a big anticlimax.

Been days not exactly this watching Bo'ness,but similar, 2003,BU V Sauchie,last game,both needed the win for the league,a draw meant Whitburn win,Bo'ness won a rollercoaster 4-3.

2011 BU V Tayport,a win for Bo'ness and win the league,and Tayport relegated,a win for Tayport,and Hill o beath win league,and Camelon go down,Ft 2-1 BU

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

Loving the Beith fans mindgamesmanship (if that's even a word). 

I miss Hertha at these times. 

Everything I said is fact,  talbot have the advantage being a point ahead it’s in their hands,  they are odds on favs with the bookies to beat cumnock. don’t see where I’m playing mind games.  

I expect talbot to win with a couple of goals to spare.  2 or 3 nil.  

25 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Everything I said is fact,  talbot have the advantage being a point ahead it’s in their hands,  they are odds on favs with the bookies to beat cumnock. don’t see where I’m playing mind games.  

I expect talbot to win with a couple of goals to spare.  2 or 3 nil.  

You may not expect to win it but I doubt you're as downbeat about Beiths prospects as you're making out. 

31 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You may not expect to win it but I doubt you're as downbeat about Beiths prospects as you're making out. 

What are you not getting?  It’s out of Beiths hands!!!!! There is a difference from being downbeat to being a realist. If I was downbeat I would be saying,  we will lose to girvan.  The Beith result is irrelevant if talbot win there game, which they will.  We could score 10 tomorrow and it means nothing if talbot score with an offside goal in the 94th min to beat Cumnock.  

1 hour ago, beithboy said:

What are you not getting?  It’s out of Beiths hands!!!!! There is a difference from being downbeat to being a realist. If I was downbeat I would be saying,  we will lose to girvan.  The Beith result is irrelevant if talbot win there game, which they will.  We could score 10 tomorrow and it means nothing if talbot score with an offside goal in the 94th min to beat Cumnock.  

still no buying it. 

Girvan might rest players for play off which is a lot more important to them I don’t know where people get the impression cumnock are shit to be be honest on New Year’s Day they had 4 points on the board and until they lost to rob Roy the other night beith were only team to beat them in the league this year so I’m optimistic that we have a chance but of course I’d rather be in talbots shoes than ours and be a point in front

2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Girvan gave us a game, took Beith to the last few minutes, they might have a bigger game than is being considered?

Don't think anyone is righting them off; they are a determined outfit with a dangerous front line. So. Not expecting anything but a very tense tight game; That ends when Talbot are up a couple of goals!  

Archived