West Super Saturday

Redbrae

Thing is Talbot have been in Cumnock's position before. A few years ago Pollok came to Beechwood needing a win to claim the title. Talbot won so  Irvine Meadow were  champions.

Did the Talbot players goad Pollok fans or celebrate like they had won the World Cup. No, they shook hands and went off the field like any other games.

But then again Talbot players are not classless underachievers with a chip on their shoulders.

I am actually embarrassed for the Cumnock players behaving like that. 

So those who are saying Talbot would do the same thing are wrong, we have proved we don't

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Thing is Talbot have been in Cumnock's position before. A few years ago Pollok came to Beechwood needing a win to claim the title. Talbot won so  Irvine Meadow were  champions.

Did the Talbot players goad Pollok fans or celebrate like they had won the World Cup. No, they shook hands and went off the field like any other games.

But then again Talbot players are not classless underachievers with a chip on their shoulders.

So those who are saying Talbot would do the same thing are wrong, we have proved we don't

So what about your players goading Cumnock supporters on Twitter after qualifying for Scottish Cup Final is that classy?

At the end of the day it is all banter but seems it can only work one way with you lot because you can't handle being on the receiving end.

12 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Not interested in whataboutary.

I am not on twitter so didn't see it

Conveniently!!!

Not interested in whataboutary but what about that time Talbot stopped Pollok from winning the league and behaved impeccably? Bit of a contradiction.

Underachievers you certainly are not that can't be denied.  However, classiness of your players certainly is up for debate.

42 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Yeah thats right i forgot pollok were talbots rivals. Ya f**king muppet. Believe me if Talbot won the league at Townhead Park we would never have heard the end of it. Just face it talbot lost the league and you cant take it because you thought it was going to be a breeze in beating us hahahahahahaha

Talbot supporters would have celebrated just as much as the cumnock support yesterday if it was the other way round as he said they didn't celebrate the draw. It was the fact they stopped there biggest rivals fae winning the league and to suggest otherwise is foolish

This takes me back to the days in the pits when we ( Talbot and Cumnock fans ) used to write on the mine cars slating each other and loads of Mars Bars changed hands on a Monday after the game....and Cumnock fans would have been doing the writing this week....we took it and moved on to the next game and had a laugh.

As was said earlier our fans would have been ripping in to the Cumnock fans had we won the league at Townhead so we cant complain when the Cumnock fans have their bit of fun with us...take it on the chin, they are entitled to it.

Overall Beith deserved their win... a wee bit of honesty doesnt hurt.

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

It’s no the supporters folk had the problem with 

As I've already stated the Talbot players have done it to us for years, got to expect it back on a day like yesterday!

Its called banter and grown men should be able to take it on the chin.

For someone who is neutral on the whole Cumnock/Talbot debate I find it completely embarrassing the highlights haven’t been issued.

I, like probably many others would genuinely like to see the highlights of such a high profile game. 

Bit amateurish to not relaease them. 

1 hour ago, A.M said:

This takes me back to the days in the pits when we ( Talbot and Cumnock fans ) used to write on the mine cars slating each other and loads of Mars Bars changed hands on a Monday after the game....and Cumnock fans would have been doing the writing this week....we took it and moved on to the next game and had a laugh.

As was said earlier our fans would have been ripping in to the Cumnock fans had we won the league at Townhead so we cant complain when the Cumnock fans have their bit of fun with us...take it on the chin, they are entitled to it.

Overall Beith deserved their win... a wee bit of honesty doesnt hurt.

Well said Sir

3 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

For someone who is neutral on the whole Cumnock/Talbot debate I find it completely embarrassing the highlights haven’t been issued.

I, like probably many others would genuinely like to see the highlights of such a high profile game. 

Not taking away the great work he done on our cup win but his trolling on here is impeccable with the highlights touche sir touche

Come on Scorsese!

You’re not doing a remake of Gangs of New York.

Hurry up

27 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

He does it off his own steam on a voluntary basis.

It's amateurish because he is in fact an amateur. 

Archived