West Region summer transfer thread 2018

glensmad

I'm a Buffs ST holder, attended the recent AGM and public meeting. I can assure you Buffs don't have a lot of money and there is no sugar daddy. Our player budget will be less than last year and we'll be relying upon KSC u21s to beef up the squad.

Aye ok [emoji23]

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no chance. Garry is a championship level player and could easily have played in at least league 1 or 2 for another few years. You don’t take such a massive step down to play for one guy you used to play with.

Buffs have released 5 players,2 of them I'd say were amongst the top earners,so that will have freed up the money needed 4 this deal.

Buffs have released 5 players,2 of them I'd say were amongst the top earners,so that will have freed up the money needed 4 this deal.

Money could be better spent getting decent changing facilities.

No point having better changing facilities, if u don't have a team 2 fill them and crowds 2 bring the money in 2 improve them.im sure that will all be sorted this season,wherever we end up playing.

Think if I was u,I'd be more worried bout your own team going in 2 the premier,going by your poor performance Saturday,which could have been a lot worse,if sauchie had taken their chances.

We let you off easy that day, got some revenge in the Ayrshire Cup. Strainey won't make the same mistake again.

Calm down. Not a single first team starter played in that Ayrshire Cup game. We had bigger fish to fry at that stage of the season.

The WOS was one of our best performances. 3-2 going on 5-2

Think if I was u,I'd be more worried bout your own team going in 2 the premier,going by your poor performance Saturday,which could have been a lot worse,if sauchie had taken their chances.

Not worried at all. The biggest spending teams like yourselves are always going to find that league easier. Mind when you were yo-yoing between the 1st div and the ADL not too long ago. Where were those diehard fans then?

26 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Calm down. Not a single first team starter played in that Ayrshire Cup game. We had bigger fish to fry at that stage of the season.

The WOS was one of our best performances. 3-2 going on 5-2

Lol. Aye, dream on.

25 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Not worried at all. The biggest spending teams like yourselves are always going to find that league easier. Mind when you were yo-yoing between the 1st div and the ADL not too long ago. Where were those diehard fans then?

Buffs have always enjoyed a good support regardless of whatever league we find ourselves in.

As for the big spenders comment, I'll enjoy a snigger at your ignorance.

Medda support has dropped off since your big spending days, surprised at just how small it has become.

Buffs have always enjoyed a good support regardless of whatever league we find ourselves in.
As for the big spenders comment, I'll enjoy a snigger at your ignorance.
Medda support has dropped off since your big spending days, surprised at just how small it has become.

Meadow support has always been poor. No worse than our successful days tbh.

I would bet that your biggest crowd at your park last season was when you played us, though.

2 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Meadow support has always been poor. No worse than our successful days tbh.

I would bet that your biggest crowd at your park last season was when you played us, though.

Yep, was decent that day no doubt. We also enjoyed big crowds at home to Beith and Talbot. It's our away support that is often impressive, club treasurers are always happy when the Buffs are visiting.

Yep, was decent that day no doubt. We also enjoyed big crowds at home to Beith and Talbot. It's our away support that is often impressive, club treasurers are always happy when the Buffs are visiting.

Only in the last couple years though.

True, if the wee man lost a couple he would be way above our level though.

Sorry I’ve got to disagree with you. He’s found his level in the Junior game

As a squad player he was a league winner with Morton ( I’m sure you knew than ) but he wasn’t suited to the seniors. His stature had a lot to do with that, I remember him with St Mirren too, he was the smallest man on the park. Good player but not suited to senior level

2 hours ago, Glens lad said:

Sorry I’ve got to disagree with you. He’s found his level in the Junior game

As a squad player he was a league winner with Morton ( I’m sure you knew than ) but he wasn’t suited to the seniors. His stature had a lot to do with that, I remember him with St Mirren too, he was the smallest man on the park. Good player but not suited to senior level

Agree with this - scullion is great technically in the juniors and stands out - but there are hundreds of scullions in the seniors who would stand out in the juniors . Hes an above average senior whos looking very good in the juniors - doolan, erskine ,longworth,anderson, mckinnon ,imrie etc went the other way and done better than scullion in senior football  on a regular basis .

Archived