Bo'ness United 2018/19

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Newtown Park Association Facebook page has a number of entries. There are about 5 posts dated 2nd August 2017 that clearly state the objectives of the NPA. An entry states:- "Newtown Park must remain the home of the local Professional football team". They also say the facilities are for BUCFC and the people of Bo'ness.

I would be very confident that the BU's would get priority to play matches and also hopefully do their training sessions.

Correct and as it should be.

Had there been no Bo'ness United in the last 73 yrs. there would have been no Newtown Park

During those years any improvements made, have been due to hard working Committees over the years, whether it be by raising the money by success on the park or fund raising and last but not least the faithful support given to the club.

Correct and as it should be.
Had there been no Bo'ness United in the last 73 yrs. there would have been no Newtown Park
During those years any improvements made, have been due to hard working Committees over the years, whether it be by raising the money by success on the park or fund raising and last but not least the faithful support given to the club.
73 years of hard work yes - but still potentially nothing to show for these 73 years.

A team of the stature of Bo'ness should have looked at a more stable arrangement before now.

59 minutes ago, oneunited said:

The clubs really need to link up, a joined up approach would work way better than current setup with two bodies.

Share the ground, combine the committees (or a few from each), young lads and girls in for free each week (dragging their parents along) would bolster the gates, a joined kit deal with all the same kits across the board.

BU surely need to stump up some money for development of the park they want priority over, or the NPA need to charge at full rate if there hasn't been any contribution.

Can't get my head round the BU going to the wall if the astro went down this season? Surely not if they have cash reserves in the bank.

Interesting times ahead.

Where would you like Bo’ness to play if the Astro went down this year ? and be out off pocket getting somewhere else to play  .  Yes the committee off Bo’ness need get off there arse and start generating money for the club and for the ground  but all parties involved should be doing the same 

5 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

73 years of hard work yes - but still potentially nothing to show for these 73 years.

A team of the stature of Bo'ness should have looked at a more stable arrangement before now.

Auld Heid we didn’t have a Davy Roy  that worked his fingers do the bone and determination to make the rose ground what it is today 

10 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Where would you like Bo’ness to play if the Astro went down this year ? and be out off pocket getting somewhere else to play  .  Yes the committee off Bo’ness need get off there arse and start generating money for the club and for the ground  but all parties involved should be doing the same 

You said earlier bo’ness shouldn’t pay into pot to help pay for park as they pay rent now you say you should ....fact is bu could have had park if they had people with vision now there tennants and in a bit of a pickle 

The same place they will go next year when Astro  goes down out of pocket then too 

2 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

That's one of the main problems at the club, they should be generating way more cash than they are. I remember from the AGM last year the price that Express Taxis was paying for shirt sponsorship, all the boards in and around the park and it was only about 3k a year if I remember correctly (I may be wrong, i'll dig out the balance sheet from last year to check). The amount of publicity Express get out of Bo'ness and they pay buttons for it, this deal should be in to 5 figures - it looks like the old president struck a pretty shoddy deal. Considering he asked an ex-Bo'ness business for a minimum of 10k for shirt sponsorship only (around 2010/11).

The other problem is the shirts, they aren't shifting anywhere near the volume they were selling when it was Nike. I'm still waiting on an answer from the AGM last year when I asked about the shirt deal with Colin Campbell that the old president struck up, no one seemed to know what the deal was.

As for the park, if it means getting the astro down and saving 50k - surely we could hire Grangemouth stadium until the astro was fitted. It's only 5 minutes up the road.

Edited by oneunited

6 hours ago, oneunited said:

That's one of the main problems at the club, they should be generating way more cash than they are. I remember from the AGM last year the price that Express Taxis was paying for shirt sponsorship, all the boards in and around the park and it was only about 3k a year if I remember correctly (I may be wrong, i'll dig out the balance sheet from last year to check). The amount of publicity Express get out of Bo'ness and they pay buttons for it, this deal should be in to 5 figures - it looks like the old president struck a pretty shoddy deal. Considering he asked an ex-Bo'ness business for a minimum of 10k for shirt sponsorship only (around 2010/11).

The other problem is the shirts, they aren't shifting anywhere near the volume they were selling when it was Nike. I'm still waiting on an answer from the AGM last year when I asked about the shirt deal with Colin Campbell that the old president struck up, no one seemed to know what the deal was.

As for the park, if it means getting the astro down and saving 50k - surely we could hire Grangemouth stadium until the astro was fitted. It's only 5 minutes up the road.

I certainly agree that the club should be more progressive in their thinking when it comes to generating money.  Unfortunately we have certain leading members of our committee who are happy just the way things are.

The pitch situation has been like manna from heaven to them.  They have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into joining the EoSL.

Now at this point the normal response will be 'if you want to change things, join the committee'.  Yes, a great idea in principle but as has already been proved last season, one man with vision can't win against a brick wall of opposition.

As I said last year  set up a facility where you can pay £10 a month DD  into Bo’ness United  and it’s used for players transfers and  making changes to the ground  but response was join the 100 club  which am not interested in  .Surely we could get 200 people off Bo’ness to stump up  the benefits would tremendous over a few years 

2 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

As I said last year  set up a facility where you can pay £10 a month DD  into Bo’ness United  and it’s used for players transfers and  making changes to the ground  but response was join the 100 club  which am not interested in  .Surely we could get 200 people off Bo’ness to stump up  the benefits would tremendous over a few years 

Only downside to that could be.some people might think its a potential take over bid.:lol:

As I said last year  set up a facility where you can pay £10 a month DD  into Bo’ness United  and it’s used for players transfers and  making changes to the ground  but response was join the 100 club  which am not interested in  . Surely we could get 200 people off Bo’ness to stump up  the benefits would tremendous over a few years 

Totally. You can barely squeeze a couple of dozen folk in that wee cabin so adding more folk to 100 club will just create another issue.

52 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

I certainly agree that the club should be more progressive in their thinking when it comes to generating money.  Unfortunately we have certain leading members of our committee who are happy just the way things are.

The pitch situation has been like manna from heaven to them.  They have been dragged, kicking and screaming, into joining the EoSL.

Now at this point the normal response will be 'if you want to change things, join the committee'.  Yes, a great idea in principle but as has already been proved last season, one man with vision can't win against a brick wall of opposition.

A lot of good points here. Bu committee in there own way maybe hard working  there words not mine  but they don’t seem to have the vision to see change is needed. They sat by and let pitch be taken over by NPA  so from sitting landlord they become tennant with same rights as other tennants, it was no no no to Eos then dragged kicking and screaming they lost the only forward thinker they had to kelty nothing at Bo’ness will change until the committee changes and that’s a shame on the bo’ness united support they deserve better 

45 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Remember bu don’t own park so any funds go to NPA  on park work 

But the D/D idea is a sound idea 

43 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Only downside to that could be.some people might think its a potential take over bid.:lol:

Ha ha there fine they have family as members no take over will ever take place at BU unless going to the wall  oops they tried that card already 

I don't agree with the statement the committee "sat by and let the pitch be taken over by NPA". Some people on here may think that all it required was for BUFC to pay Falkirk Council a sum of money to transfer ownership but that could never happen in terms of the original Trust deed. There was a significant amount of consideration by all parties before the NPA solution was put in place. We now have the NPA in place to ensure that the ground will be used for the purposes intended which was for the benefit of all the people of Bo'ness not just BUFC. I am a passionate BU fan and would love if the BU's owned Newtown Park but they don't so let's all just stop the bickering and sniping and encourage the various bodies ( BUFC, NPA, BUCFC and others) to work together and make the best of the situation.

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I don't agree with the statement the committee "sat by and let the pitch be taken over by NPA". Some people on here may think that all it required was for BUFC to pay Falkirk Council a sum of money to transfer ownership but that could never happen in terms of the original Trust deed. There was a significant amount of consideration by all parties before the NPA solution was put in place. We now have the NPA in place to ensure that the ground will be used for the purposes intended which was for the benefit of all the people of Bo'ness not just BUFC. I am a passionate BU fan and would love if the BU's owned Newtown Park but they don't so let's all just stop the bickering and sniping and encourage the various bodies ( BUFC, NPA, BUCFC and others) to work together and make the best of the situation.

Did Bo’ness united look into ownership at any given time ? NPA was set up by a bo’ness man ?  

You are right though it’s in good hands with NPA they have had a curve ball with recent going on’s  But hopefully they can pull it all together 

what im hearing is BU and BUCFC are a wee bit off of working together when DC was involved he worked with BUCFC  chairman to bring it together after recent events the gulf is massive now  shame for all if true 

42 minutes ago, Bublue said:

Did Bo’ness united look into ownership at any given time ? NPA was set up by a bo’ness man ?  

You are right though it’s in good hands with NPA they have had a curve ball with recent going on’s  But hopefully they can pull it all together 

what im hearing is BU and BUCFC are a wee bit off of working together when DC was involved he worked with BUCFC  chairman to bring it together after recent events the gulf is massive now  shame for all if true 

The last part is the biggest difficulty ahead - BU are a single team - BUCFC are numerous teams and as such demands will be greater both training and matches. (We have issues getting suitable training slots due to the high demand of the community club). 

If both parties don't work together then you are faced with the NPA sitting in the middle unable to please either.

We are lucky that we own Prestonfield and as such training facilities is the only issue.

7 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The last part is the biggest difficulty ahead - BU are a single team - BUCFC are numerous teams and as such demands will be greater both training and matches. (We have issues getting suitable training slots due to the high demand of the community club). 

If both parties don't work together then you are faced with the NPA sitting in the middle unable to please either.

We are lucky that we own Prestonfield and as such training facilities is the only issue.

I think your right following both BUCFC on social media mainly they seem to be going great guns 

while let’s be honest BU don’t seem to be moving 

but your right both parties have to work together or NPA are goosed 

2 hours ago, Bublue said:

I think your right following both BUCFC on social media mainly they seem to be going great guns 

while let’s be honest BU don’t seem to be moving 

but your right both parties have to work together or NPA are goosed 

Community Club teams tend to be well supported by parents with plenty volunteers through the age levels.  A revolving door providing a regular influx of new parents/volunteers compared to the ageing committee at Bo'ness.

Many of these community clubs are also financial gold mines - with kids charged to train, play, fundraisers and all the kit which dad can also buy and pretend he is Steven Gerrard or Brendan Rodgers.

As a result often these clubs want no more involvement than the name of the club

18 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Community Club teams tend to be well supported by parents with plenty volunteers through the age levels.  A revolving door providing a regular influx of new parents/volunteers compared to the ageing committee at Bo'ness.

Many of these community clubs are also financial gold mines - with kids charged to train, play, fundraisers and all the kit which dad can also buy and pretend he is Steven Gerrard or Brendan Rodgers.

As a result often these clubs want no more involvement than the name of the club

Sorry don’t understand the last bit of your quote  can explain please 

Sorry don’t understand the last bit of your quote  can explain please 
The benefits to Community clubs linking to parent clubs, should run top to bottom.

One overall joint management committee the 2 are completely seperate