Bo'ness United 2018/19

9 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

They need the money but f**k them a greater  spectacle would be Falkirk stadium  and would be nice to see a team go into the big Scottish on playing merits 

With you on this.  It is a proper venue for a Final.  

On a financial basis, the two finalists are in the Falkirk Council area.  Why spend money in West Lothian?

10 hours ago, Sheep77 said:

They need the money but f**k them a greater  spectacle would be Falkirk stadium  and would be nice to see a team go into the big Scottish on playing merits 

What a seething mess.   Not our fault your stadium looks like somethimg from the Blitz.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Only one of the teams has an FK postal code would be another way of looking at that though. Think Ochilview would be about right in terms of the crowd this is likely to attract not getting lost in acres of empty seats and using an SPFL ground to make it more of a big occasion.

Ochilview would be a terrible choice - you'd expect the game to attract more than the stand can hold so a lot of fans would end up having an awful view of the game from behind the goals. Falkirk Stadium may only have one side open for this game but at least it would allow everyone to see the whole of the pitch.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Only one of the teams has an FK postal code would be another way of looking at that though. Think Ochilview would be about right in terms of the crowd this is likely to attract not getting lost in acres of empty seats and using an SPFL ground to make it more of a big occasion.

Last time I checked, it was Falkirk Council our  local taxes go to, so the post code argument is redundant.  Fair call on Ochilview though.  Certainly would be a better atmosphere.

25 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye, who is this dick? Someone that’s been here before under a different guise? 

I think he's created two accounts, just so he can argue with himself on another thread.

5 minutes ago, drs said:

I think he's created two accounts, just so he can argue with himself on another thread.

Gordon S in another guise?  Looking forward to the Journal headline this week ' Marley howler leads to wee rose Wailers' :)

10 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Gordon S in another guise?  Looking forward to the Journal headline this week ' Marley howler leads to wee rose Wailers' :)

Don't know about that - but elsewhere he is quoting another new user called "Avalon" I'm sure its coincidence that two new users join at the same time and start to post in exactly the same thread and both of them just happen to have King Arthur related names. Mind you there are already plenty of Bors already on P&B.

3 minutes ago, drs said:

Don't know about that - but elsewhere he is quoting another new user called "Avalon" I'm sure its coincidence that two new users join at the same time and start to post in exactly the same thread and both of them just happen to have King Arthur related names. Mind you there are already plenty of Bors already on P&B.

Surprised they're not giving each other green dots.  Certainly two new users on the back of a cup humping doesn't add up.

One thing I forgot from yesterday, The Haddington pies were bloody marvellous.  Quite possibly the best mince pie I have ever had!  Too big to take a bite from top to bottom, even with my gub.  Packed full of mince and a nice peppery finish put it right up there.

One thing I forgot from yesterday, The Haddington pies were bloody marvellous.  Quite possibly the best mince pie I have ever had!  Too big to take a bite from top to bottom, even with my gub.  Packed full of mince and a nice peppery finish put it right up there.

I always look forward to Haddington away for this very reason. Unfortunately couldn’t make yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Standalone said:

Who is Craig Comrie? 

Signed on Friday night, he is Alan's brother (remember him?).  Another midfielder who has seen service at Stirling Albion mostly but started at Falkirk.  Been playing with Sauchie most recently.  Only 23.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Signed on Friday night, he is Alan's brother (remember him?).  Another midfielder who has seen service at Stirling Albion mostly but started at Falkirk.  Been playing with Sauchie most recently.  Only 23.

Thank you Jambo.