Things to teach the grandkids

7 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Although I don’t have the energy levels I had as a dad, I’ve learnt toleration and patience, the grandkids get away with far more than my kids ever did, something my  two sons always bring up 

I don't have the energy levels I had as a step dad, either. I definitely haven't learned toleration and patience, but the grandchildren certainly get away with murder.

The wee ones can twist me round their wee finger, and the bigger girls can, too. Even the 18 year old boys know I'm a soft touch.

President Truman said "Talk softly and carry a big stick". I rant and rave and carry a small twig.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad taught my kids how to use fire extinguishers. Their other grandad taught them to vote SNP, vote yes, never vote Tory and that Trump is an idiot. 

I think they'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, Bold Rover said:

the rewards for not killing their fathers.

I came close a few times, but then they became bigger than me and I shat it

3 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

My dad taught my kids how to use fire extinguishers. Their other grandad taught them to vote SNP, vote yes, never vote Tory and that Trump is an idiot. 

I think they'll be fine. 

Only if they live in a country where they.......

It's worth living long enough just to see your children trying to cope with their children, while you sit idly by with a smug smile on your face.

I still don't know how one of my step daughters has the brass neck to discipline her children after the antics she did.

Archived