FIFA 19

FifeArab

See Belgium have banned the sale of Fifa points to those who play in their country.  Be interesting to see if this spreads out and/or if the big games companies start to change how they sell stuff.

Played a couple games with the patch. Not noticed much of a difference for me attacking but I don’t time finesse much so nothing should affect me. Have noticed a difference in people trying to do it and it going nowhere.
Done Rijkaard last week and used him for the weekend and noticed a dramatic improvement in my midfield. Finished on 17 wins with about 6 left but never managed to get them played last night. Doing Nakata only need to do the 86 squad which hopefully I’ll get done with Thursday rewards and he’ll go into an SBC when one I want comes out

Having got a token in my squad battle rewards I played an online draft, winning 3 of the 4 games. I thought it seemed better and it was noticeable that people weren't going for constant finesse shots now. I lost the final 7-6 after extra time, in the most bonkers game I've played this year (should have won though).

People do tend to attack more in draft though, so I'll reserve judgement until we see how defensive the weekend league becomes.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

At the stage now where I'm probably looking at saving for an icon but undecided who.
Are the forwards a significant improvement on high rated players such as Aguero or better looking at someone in midfield? 

I would say so. I’ve had FUTmas Firminho, Aguero, Suarez and countless others and Shevchenko is by far the best although for some weird reason Richarlison was amazing for me

I think with Finesses not being so OP anymore Klose could be a great icon for around the box

18 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Nesta SBC is up and I have quite a lot of cards lying around. Anyone used him? Is he likely to improve my Baresi/Ramos partnership which I absolutely adore?

I had him briefly but saw him as inferior to the beautiful b*****d that was Paolo Maldini who I packed, so I sold him again for the coins.  However, I've finally realised I could do better than tying up 2m coins in one player, so I've punted Maldini and did the Nesta SBC to replace him.  He'll be sitting alongside Baresi and Campbell in a 3, will let you know how he goes.

5c51a5db5e572_2019-01-3013_25_08-Window.thumb.png.46e272d031e9cc7c857aa5ecfd18ab05.png

Speaking of the above, team has had quite the makeover.  Selling Maldini seems to be the right decision at this stage, given it's left me with 800k in coins, Nesta, Neymar and Shearer all in the door.  I think I might just have enough left to do Figo, which would mean Keane would drop out.

I’m using a Salah 90 striker atm. He’s fucking unreal, he’ll be brilliant if he gets a POTM a some point. I’ve used both Ronaldos in the last week and Salah feels better than both, he maybe just fits the team better next to Auba.

Im using 86 rated Gullit, he’s brilliant as well. Just feels a bit weird sinking 1m coins into a 86 rated player. He’s so good though.

Ive held off doing any Icon SBCs. I’ve got loads of high rated players ready to go but none have appealed to me.

A Del Piero or Veron would interest me depending on the requirements.

They'll have to start putting some really tasty players out as SBCs soon the way they've been doing them so far.  I expect that'll be me done for a while unless I get super lucky in packs again.  Probably only really add to it once TOTS comes around.

I was debating whether an IF version of Van Dijk was worth it, then I noticed that De Lijts futures card is an absolutely monster with better stats across the board. Rethink time, maybe just get Van Dijks regular card as a partner for him. Especially cause it’ll mean I can fit De Jong, Dumfries and Lozano in my team too!

19 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Lazy question but can you save your FUT Champs player pick packs for a later week? I was pleased with my Gold 2 but then saw this week's TOTW and....it's fucking horrendous.

DyKuT1pU0AEB39z.jpg:large

I don't think you can save them up.

At the stage now where I'm probably looking at saving for an icon but undecided who.
Are the forwards a significant improvement on high rated players such as Aguero or better looking at someone in midfield? 
I use van Nistelrooys middle card and he was a vast improvement on any other striker. He does miss alot of chances he should score but still has a better goal average than games played for me.

Was playing seasons there as Portugal against Belgium.  Belgium had two players controlling, never encountered this before.  Is it new or have I just been lucky to avoid? 

Found it really hard to get used to in the first half they went in 3-2 up at half time but I was shooting to the side of screen I enjoy second half and won 7-3 :lol:.  Was fully expecting a rage quit that never came. 

IMG_20190130_212759.jpg