Spain Set to Sack Lopetegui

Spain are set to sack their gaffer Julen Lopetegui, apparently due to the way he has handled the Real Madrid approach.  Apparently the Spanish FA only found out he was going to be Real gaffer two hours before it was announced. He signed a contract extension with the Spanish FA a few weeks back too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/world-cup-2018-spain-replace-julen-loptegui-manager-real-madrid-betrayal-sacked-latest-a8396371.html

Press Conference today apparently.  Seems absolute madness. That article seems to think Hierro will step in, but it must be crazy for the squad dealing with this the day before the World Cup starts.

Just now, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Doesn't seem certain he's gone. Apparently he has the backing of the players, and that's caused a delay in the press conference.

Aye, just trying to decipher twitter right now.  Seems a huge over-reaction to me to sack him immediately but we don't really know what's gone on.

Announced about 10 minutes after I put Spain down as Group Winners on an accumulator.  Cheers.
I've got Spain to win the group on mine too! Think they won't be affected to much as they are still a top side but definitely won't be winning it now

You would presume that the assistant manager comes in, doesnt change a thing for friday. And maybe already has the plans for the group games. Will be interesting to see how the players respond to this chaos.

Archived