Argentina vs Iceland

jagfox

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe in the minority but especially first half I really enjoyed watching Iceland. The lesser entertainment of the second half I put down to Argentinas ineptitude and almost comedy obsession with world class players passing to Messi like at school when one of your mates was miles better than the rest.

Watching a team like Iceland show zero respect and getting in the faces of superstars like in the Argentina team is joyful to watch for me. Specially when they all have proper viking names and look like they would wield an axe with great skill

Well said.

I don’t think Iceland are getting the credit they deserve.  Maybe Argentina were poor but I’d love to see Scotland getting to a major final and being as hardworking, determined and organised as the Iceland team were.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Iceland are obviously limited but I can't fathom someone who didn't find that performance utterly compelling for the sheer endeavour, organisation and physicality of it. 

I think its a decent enough watch, but I'd struggle to watch a whole tournament of it. I know I'm a Saints fan so it's hardly like I'm watching anything different week in, week out, but World Cups should be a spectacle. 

Spain v Portugal, with both teams going for the jugular, was a great watch. 

Iceland well within their rights to play to their strengths, and watching them GIRU superstars who think they've a right to not be tackled is great fun, but I can see why people maybe moan about it, especially if they've built the world cup into a huge event and spend a day watching it. 

I think its a decent enough watch, but I'd struggle to watch a whole tournament of it. I know I'm a Saints fan so it's hardly like I'm watching anything different week in, week out, but World Cups should be a spectacle. 
Spain v Portugal, with both teams going for the jugular, was a great watch. 
Iceland well within their rights to play to their strengths, and watching them GIRU superstars who think they've a right to not be tackled is great fun, but I can see why people maybe moan about it, especially if they've built the world cup into a huge event and spend a day watching it. 

I think everyone would rather games were like Portugal v Spain (it was an absolute belter tbf) but there is still something great seeing a country like Iceland achieve things through simple organisation, hard work and team work.

On 6/17/2018 at 02:23, DAVIDB69 said:

Which was utter nonsense

Yup James  Rodriguez the Columbian was much better, not to mention Muller.    Edited to add. Woops forgot to quote the original post where poster said Messi was given player of the tournament in 2014 undeservedly.   He was  meh during that tournament and nowhere near being the best player.

Archived