Panama vs. Tunisia

senorsoupe

A dead rubber game, but still a world cup game nonetheless.  Panama are playing Tunisia.  My food based pick will be 2-1 Tunisia, Ojja Merguez with eggs is fantastic
ojja-merguezsausages-and-eggs-in-a-spicy-tomato-sauce-tunisia-food-F3DP23.jpg&key=fc8173bcf75207b8094fe7ae93a1288c680383070ea27b54738aad1cf8dc6c47

That looks amazing!

Tunisia won 2-1.  Switched over to this at times when the reserves game on the other channel was boring me too much. Tunisia were clearly the better team. Panama's goal came from a jammy deflection, but Tunisia cut them open a few times and their goals were quite stylish.

I'm struggling to think of a worse team in recent World Cups than Panama this time. God only knows how the USA fucked up that qualifying group.

11 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

I'm struggling to think of a worse team in recent World Cups than Panama this time. God only knows how the USA fucked up that qualifying group.

I'm pretty surprised Trump hasn't posted a tweet wishing the USA team luck in winning the WC yet.

8 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Tunisia won 2-1.  Switched over to this at times when the reserves game on the other channel was boring me too much. Tunisia were clearly the better team. Panama's goal came from a jammy deflection, but Tunisia cut them open a few times and their goals were quite stylish.

Probably because they're not very good and never have been, but FiFA have bent over backwards to try and get them through.

7 minutes ago, thisal said:

Probably because they're not very good and never have been, but FiFA have bent over backwards to try and get them through.

They're not very good, but they're usually competent and hard to beat at least.  They got out of the group at the previous two World Cups. Won England's group in 2010 (which forced them to play the Germans in the last 16) and qualified from a group with Germany and Portugal in 2014.

20 minutes ago, nsr said:

I'm pretty surprised Trump hasn't posted a tweet wishing the USA team luck in winning the WC yet.

In fairness to Trump (!), they got off to an awful start to that group while Obama was still there. USA lost their first two games, at home to Mexico on 11 November 2016 and a 4-0 scudding off Costa Rica on the 15th. They sort of recovered after that but were then vulnerable to an upset.

1 minute ago, JamesM82 said:

In fairness to Trump (!), they got off to an awful start to that group while Obama was still there. USA lost their first two games, at home to Mexico on 11 November 2016 and a 4-0 scudding off Costa Rica on the 15th. They sort of recovered after that but were then vulnerable to an upset.

Sad.

Archived