France v Argentina

Cerberus

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proper game this. Good test of whether have France have just been doing what's required and no more, or if they're just the same old soporific shite Deschamps normally serves up.

Could see the Argies nicking this. They looked a bit better at times v Nigeria, although still nervous as hell defensively.

I'm going to say 1-0 France.  As much as I like Argentine steak, France is home to some of the finest cuisine in the world.  I have already expressed my love of Bouillabaise, but the French also have some fantastic cheeses, here is a picture of some

200501_-_6_fromages.JPG

Argentina to spawn a 2-1 on their way to spawning the tournament, IMO.

I genuinely believe this could happen. I just thought about France in 2006 and how crap they were in the group stage (two poor draws and a 2-0 win over Togo) and yet they got it together in the knockouts and knocked out some very good teams.

I think Griezmann will score and it’ll be a draw after 90 mins.

On paper, tomorrow is the pick of the games with this game and Portugal v Uruguay. Hopefully these games live up to the expected hype.

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

La Liga goals scored by tomorrow's World Cup forwards over last four years:
Griezmann 19, 16, 22, 22
Messi 34, 37, 26, 43
Suarez 25, 29, 40, 16
Ronaldo 26, 25, 35, 48
463 goals.

I like this stat

Edinson Cavani 0, 0, 0, 0

Wouldn’t bet on him hitting the back of the net, that’s a very poor record compared to the others.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've got to choose between Clachnacuddin v Airdrie or this. Genuinely conflicted. 

moi aussi

a quandary though I fear competitive footy will win over friendly pish

I hope argentina beat a lazy French team that has contributed nothing whatsoever to the tournament so far in spite of winning their group

44 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

I hope argentina beat a lazy French team that has contributed nothing whatsoever to the tournament so far in spite of winning their group

I would also like to see Argentina win this one but unfortunately do not think that they will.  I have not been particularly impressed with either side in the group games and think that this game will be similarly poor.

Prediction - France 1 Argentina 0.

55 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

moi aussi

a quandary though I fear competitive footy will win over friendly pish

The Clach game starts at 2 so will go for the first half at least and decide whether to f**k off at half time or just catch the second half of the WC game.

Archived