Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

Because you will improve your team in the short term but will be left in the shit when it all goes tits up. See Ballingry, Irvine Meadow et al

We had the fan base to get us out the shite. Only looking up from here on in.

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I’ve no predicted that mate but we are all excited about next season , as u say time will tell 

You predict it every season so no difference this season. Probably don’t know you’re doing it now.

12 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I don’t want to get dragged into a slagging match, I will comment since you asked.

I was given a budget at the start of the season and I have worked with that budget, and it’s not the figures that have mentioned.

Each player we have brought to the club I have a personal relationship with and worked hard to convince them to come to Darvel, that decision wasn’t solely down money there are other circumstances at times when players make football decisions. That relationship allowed us to get them to sit down and discuss coming Darvel, the current and future project of the club. 

Other players will also be attracted to club because of the relationship they have with the rest of the management team, it gives you the platform to have the conversation then it’s down to us to sell it.

What I will also say is they had better financial offer elsewhere but there many other factors, travelling, family , work and enjoyment that players take into consideration.  They aren’t getting paid anywhere near what people think by the sounds of it, and could earn more elsewhere.

But at the end of the day we have attracted them to the club, they will all be be great additions to Darvel and junior football.

Nice quote Mick. Was it part of the job criteria to talk Darvel about the money.

Ps

Darvel = Shit.

I think it’s the language spoken up there. 

Standard  Darvel quotes:

He got offered more money elsewhere.

We are self sufficient.

We aren’t paying that much.

We aren’t paying him that.

Its junior football mick players follow the cash.

21 minutes ago, iPhone said:

Nice quote Mick. Was it part of the job criteria to talk Darvel about the money.

Ps

Darvel = Shit.

Standard  Darvel quotes:

We are self sufficient.

Naw they follow Mick and believe he can lead them to a medal

Also credit to the Darvel board they got there budget together early meaning he can get in early and talk to players and put offers on the table

Other clubs including my own should actually be taking note off that cos that is the way it should be done

Early bird catches the worm and all that

What's Darvel's position on pyramid progression ? Or is the project only related to attempting to topple Talbot ?
Are the facilities up to licensing standards ? Was a move to the sos a quick license and beating the eos champs not on the cards as an option ?

4 hours ago, PatnaDunty said:

That’s utter bull. Was told leave or not play again this season.
DL was the one doing the dirty work. He phoned and told the lad.

Aye I did phone Greg to apologise about the way it was handled and as I said before no one will say a bad word about greg Vernon up here and if u want to get ur facts right speak to Greg or his dad and they will clarify it for u , that will be the last time I reply on this topic 

Guest Mick Kennedy
9 hours ago, iPhone said:

Ps

Darvel = Shit.

Standard  Darvel quotes:

We are self sufficient.

I don’t tell lies mate, I will always be honest. The boys got offered more money senior but as I said there are many other factors travel, family, work etc. Some of the best paying senior clubs are hours away from Glasgow. 

I’m not saying we aren’t paying much, I would say we are paying well, but I can assure it’s not the figures people are saying it is. 

I’m also aware of junior players taking less money to play for centre junior clubs over others, so I don’t think every player chases money. I’m sure players look at other factors when deciding what teams to play for, money is a great thing but it doesn’t matter if your not happy. 

With regards to the club being self sufficient and sustainable, I can only with the budget am given, the committee will confirm if it’s self sufficient. 

23 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Every one we have signed so far has been offered more money elsewhere or taken a pay cut 

fact 

You junior boys will believe anything you're told.  If Daryl Meggatt isn't playing for Darvel for the money, what is he playing there for?

Guest Mick Kennedy
9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You junior boys will believe anything you're told.  If Daryl Meggatt isn't playing for Darvel for the money, what is he playing there for?

Of course he’s being paid but not the sums people are saying. If people honestly believe someone of Daryll ability, experience and quality would sign solely for money they don’t know him. There were many factors in attracting Daryll, my relationship with him, his relationship with other players, work and family. 

We also had to show him we are trying to build something, an environment and club thats professional, challenging and will hopefully compete next season, he knows it’s a project and he wanted to be part of it. 

But at that end of the day we have managed to attract him surely the club should be given credit for that, he will be a great addition to junior football 

3 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Of course he’s being paid but not the sums people are saying. If people honestly believe someone of Daryll ability, experience and quality would sign solely for money they don’t know him. There were many factors in attracting Daryll, my relationship with him, his relationship with other players, work and family. 

We also had to show him we are trying to build something, an environment and club thats professional, challenging and will hopefully compete next season, he knows it’s a project and he wanted to be part of it. 

But at that end of the day we have managed to attract him surely the club should be given credit for that, he will be a great addition to junior football 

I never mentioned any sums, I just don't believe that a defender that could play for just about any team in League 1 is happy to take a pay-cut and head off to win the West Region. If he has then we'll happily employ you as head of recruitment at Dumbarton.

Guest Mick Kennedy
6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I never mentioned any sums, I just don't believe that a defender that could play for just about any team in League 1 is happy to take a pay-cut and head off to win the West Region. If he has then we'll happily employ you as head of recruitment at Dumbarton.

Much is the salary mate? 

Of course he’s being paid but not the sums people are saying. If people honestly believe someone of Daryll ability, experience and quality would sign solely for money they don’t know him.

Of course he's signing solely for the fucking money.

He's not going to sign for some unheard of bum team in a bum league for the fun of it. He could easily walk into any League 1 club and probably 2 or 3 Championship clubs.

He’s always dreamed of winning the west region championship title. Who hasn’t?

I have been told that DL has been been doing tests with new recruits to make sure they blend in with all at Recreation Park before they get any wages

Good luck guys in passing his test as we are being told that you are not  there just for the money 

Edited by Billy XBoswell

Depends who they teams are
Errr... Yeah that's what my post implies! There are teams in both SPFL leagues 1 and 2 where some players are paid as little as £30-£50 per week. Sometimes having a good paying fulltime job is the perfect scenario for a part-time player.

14 minutes ago, EazyTheGall said:
21 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
Depends who they teams are

Errr... Yeah that's what my post implies! There are teams in both SPFL leagues 1 and 2 where some players are paid as little as £30-£50 per week. Sometimes having a good paying fulltime job is the perfect scenario for a part-time player.

And there are teams in the juniors that don't pay at all