Darvel Juniors 2018/19

Darvel legend

I knew a mate of mines son and team mates played in an ADL team a few years back , all on loan and they never paid them a penny or travelling expenses all year . Lured by the chance and possibility of 1st team football .

36 minutes ago, EazyTheGall said:

Errr... Yeah that's what my post implies! There are teams in both SPFL leagues 1 and 2 where some players are paid as little as £30-£50 per week. Sometimes having a good paying fulltime job is the perfect scenario for a part-time player.

£50 a week would be illegal, no? £7.70 an hour (for 21-24 year olds) or £8.21 an hour for over 25s. Players will work at least 8 hours a week not counting travel, which even for a 21 year old would be over £60.

At Darvel money talks, and that is the reason why people are signing. 

Mick is getting a lot of praise but hasn’t been in charge of a single match yet.

Time will tell if he does a good job but he would have a cheek not to with the players and the MONEY they have. 

Must be biggest budget in the league!

13 hours ago, PatnaDunty said:

I have spoke to Greg. And you’ve just said it was handled wrong ya clown. So what facts have I got wrong. Your worth the watchin both at the football and away.

Dick Licker will lie his way out of it and not admit to doing wrong and showing his team up.

£50 a week would be illegal, no? £7.70 an hour (for 21-24 year olds) or £8.21 an hour for over 25s. Players will work at least 8 hours a week not counting travel, which even for a 21 year old would be over £60.
Not necessarily. I've heard of,especially among young guys trying to make the grade at senior level, sign what is essentially 'matchday' contracts. Contractual obligation will be for 3 or 4 hours,almost on a par with zero hours contract. Some clubs will try get round it by offering signing on fees at start of contract and /or expenses.

Not necessarily. I've heard of,especially among young guys trying to make the grade at senior level, sign what is essentially 'matchday' contracts. Contractual obligation will be for 3 or 4 hours,almost on a par with zero hours contract. Some clubs will try get round it by offering signing on fees at start of contract and /or expenses.
The signing on fee scenario almost always is the deal maker these days especially in SPFL lower leagues and becoming more and more common at top end of the Juniors.

good luck for tonight boys,hope all of you took your "SLOT" with the new manager,let him look you in the eye and tell you your not good enough,but i know you are good enough,if you get a shirt then good luck to you,if you dont other teams will be after you,GOOD LUCK BOYS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            i have enjoyed watching you all,and will do again.   :)

9 minutes ago, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

good luck for tonight boys,hope all of you took your "SLOT" with the new manager,let him look you in the eye and tell you your not good enough,but i know you are good enough,if you get a shirt then good luck to you,if you dont other teams will be after you,GOOD LUCK BOYS.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            i have enjoyed watching you all,and will do again.   :)

That reminded me of the speech in the last episode of Blackadder.

2 hours ago, GG said:

Aye right

So who are in the jail and what for?

Since you are making out you know everything about the jail

Even if they are how do you know about how much money they got tucked away?

Pretty sure mobile phones are in Bar L for constant communication with the outside world

So name names dish the dirt 

On 13/05/2019 at 08:57, The Moonster said:

I never mentioned any sums, I just don't believe that a defender that could play for just about any team in League 1 is happy to take a pay-cut and head off to win the West Region. If he has then we'll happily employ you as head of recruitment at Dumbarton.

Has to be more to it than a player of his ability moving to lower leagues of West juniors for a few extra bob.  David Anderson played with Kilbirnie caused he loved the club and the people he could have remained senior at many a club.

There's no doubt that it's the manager attracting the players to Darvel just as he attracted best players to Colvilles. Doubtful Knapp would have left ammies for any other junior club any other manager. Kennedy seems to be well regarded by players at all levels.

9 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Has to be more to it than a player of his ability moving to lower leagues of West juniors for a few extra bob.  David Anderson played with Kilbirnie caused he loved the club and the people he could have remained senior at many a club.

There's no doubt that it's the manager attracting the players to Darvel just as he attracted best players to Colvilles. Doubtful Knapp would have left ammies for any other junior club any other manager. Kennedy seems to be well regarded by players at all levels.

Its pretty much the case guys who have told everybody there staying ammy rocking up and playing for them

Also he has a budget set to him long before anybody else to go to work including Liam who only got his budget set yesterday to him from the board

Fair play to them though its alright for some they got got chance for title between them and Gartcairn next year for me

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity