Dissertation research survey- SPFL pricing

Hello I am currently an MSc Sports management student conducting research for my dissertation. I am inviting you today to complete this survey to help understand the thoughts of SPFL supporters in regards to pricing within Scottish football. Research has been conducted to understand the price elasticity of demand in Scottish football and the findings from this survey will help to understand the consumer behaviour side to the research. Please note that all responses will be kept confidential. 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSPSDDY

Thank you to those who participate in the survey.

No offence to you Nick19 but it seems that certain sports management courses seem to have the obligatory task of..

"Place surveymonkey link on Pie and Bovril website"

There has not been a year that this doesn't pop up in with almost the identical text and from users who have never contributed here and have only signed up to ask for our help.

As for me? I'm not filling in your survey, but don't take that as a slight to either you or your course, I just don't fill in anonymous surveys.

8 hours ago, Nicky19 said:

I am inviting you today to complete this survey to help understand the thoughts of SPFL supporters in regards to pricing within Scottish football. 

Title is a bit misleading - this is more of a Scottish Premiership survey than an SPFL Supporters survey.

Survey completed - good luck.

49 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

No offence to you Nick19 but it seems that certain sports management courses seem to have the obligatory task of..

"Place surveymonkey link on Pie and Bovril website"

There has not been a year that this doesn't pop up in with almost the identical text and from users who have never contributed here and have only signed up to ask for our help.

As for me? I'm not filling in your survey, but don't take that as a slight to either you or your course, I just don't fill in anonymous surveys.

Is there really a need for this comment?

Just completed it. There's a clear confusion(!) between SPFL and Scottish Premiership: many or most of the SPFL questions make very little sense unless talking about Premiership clubs. The price elasticity of demand inferences at non-Premiership clubs could hardly be drawn at all from those questions.

As for the "average price questions" - averaging across turnovers of a million and several tens of millions isn't sensible. There's no normal distribution in the domain, and so it should either be segmented (which would be my preference) or weightings should be applied.

I do wonder whether supervisors should have more say at the point of constructing surveys, instead of just the analysis stage.

Archived