Hamilton Academical VS Heart of Midlothian

Great first 20 minutes, then it slowly went downhill to an absolute car crash. 

Bingham and Miller gave Hearts' centre-backs real problems when the ball got played behind them or on the deck, and Kelly and McMann were doing well in supplying them. I think the fact nothing came down the right was indicative of Imrie being shite. Lyon and MacKinnon were quite good in breaking things up too. 

Then the rest of the game happened. 

Hearts always looked dangerous, especially when going up against Imrie and Penny (Jesus Christ he was awful), and Ziggy is a shambles too; constantly selling himself, dreadful positioning, and wins nothing in the air. Want dealt with Uche quite well, particularly in the air, but his performance went downhill with everyone else's.

The penalty came from a load of shite defending: an easy passage into the box, Woods palming the ball right to Naismith, then two defenders went onto the line to leave Naismith isolated. 

Third was another shambles - not one person watching Haring. You'd think they'd have learned from his two or three free headers in the first half, one of which resulted in a goal. McMann was also all over the place. He was great in the first half, but his defending was shocking in the second. 

Smashing example of failing to defend for the fourth too. Leaving acres of space for MacLean to run into was great patter and Woods' hands disappeared. 

Didn't look like scoring at all in the second half, and Woods had to make three or four good saves throughout the match. 

TL;DR: 

Image result for we're doomed the simpsons gif

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Hamilton will not have to face the maroon juggernaut every week and will finish no worse than 9th. Plz bookmark. 

Sadly, I fear the Livingston clown car will be more than enough to run us off the road :(

First half I thought Accies played well against a strong,attack minded Hearts team.

Levein obviously got his side fired up at half-time and Canning left it far too late to change things waiting till 4-1.

I would take Sarris/Tomas back in a minute instead of Penney/Ziggy all day long;that defence can't defend for toffee as The Betfred Cup and today showed and this is where Canning is culpable as he has had plenty of time to sort this and for it to be as bad as ever is inexcusable.

He has lost us 30-40% of our support and every week we seem to be losing fans due to him.I have never seen Section A so empty ever for the first game of the season.

Loads of Hearts fans waiting on that 5:30 train to Motherwell.Hope they gave the many Celtic fans getting off at Hamilton West dog's abuse as seeing hundreds of them waltz by The Vaults was more sickening than the defeat; Support Your Local Team.com.

Penny was dreadful, we actually paid money for him Jesus Christ. Ziggy isn’t a Centre back as we’ve all said before. Want isn’t ready to anchor a 3 man defence he should be fine on the side of someone.

Imrie and Lyon were so fucking bad but that’s to be expected. Taiwo done more in the 5 minutes he came on than Lyon did all game.

Special mention to Andrew Dallas and his motley crew. The worst ref in Scotland. The highlights being Sam Kelly not getting booked for us when he stood in front of hearts free kick then the hearts player gets booked for it second half, Blowing for half time just as we went to take a free kick in Hearts half and not giving us a corner when the hearts keeper clawed the ball back into play about 5 yards over the line.

First half was very positive, was actually surprised by the way we attacked early on and created some good chances. Then the second half came around and we came crashing back into reality, same old issues with the defence, just sheer suicidal and unorganised chaos. 

Woods let himself down today, he looked shaky and nervous. Penny looks like a complete bombscare, which is incredibly disappointing with amount of hype he came with. 

How Lyon and Indie still start is beyond me, Hopefully Taiwo will be ahead of Lyon now and Imrie himself surely must be thinking it's time to ease myself out.

Bright points are Miller looked good, created a lot of problems for hearts defence, Mcmann seems no longer a complete waste of a jersey and Want shows a lot of promise.

3 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

First half I thought Accies played well against a strong,attack minded Hearts team.

Levein obviously got his side fired up at half-time and Canning left it far too late to change things waiting till 4-1.

I would take Sarris/Tomas back in a minute instead of Penney/Ziggy all day long;that defence can't defend for toffee as The Betfred Cup and today showed and this is where Canning is culpable as he has had plenty of time to sort this and for it to be as bad as ever is inexcusable.

He has lost us 30-40% of our support and every week we seem to be losing fans due to him.I have never seen Section A so empty ever for the first game of the season.

Loads of Hearts fans waiting on that 5:30 train to Motherwell.Hope they gave the many Celtic fans getting off at Hamilton West dog's abuse as seeing hundreds of them waltz by The Vaults was more sickening than the defeat; Support Your Local Team.com.

1100 home fans (with a good few Hearts fans in the Accies end) is dreadful for a season opener and there is little doubt that Canning must take some of the blame - I'm reasonably certain that if he hadn't kept us up for the past 3 seasons and we were playing Alloa today in the Championship we would have seen a larger home support.

Another factor is the unceasing negativity from within our support - it's killing the club slowly, eating away and driving any potential new support away to other clubs. As any bar, restaurant or hotel will tell you negativity is contagious and bad reviews on Trip Advisor can quickly finish a business, likewise a section of support who have nothing good to say about Accies who season after season predict doom and gloom while revelling in every defeat can only negatively affect attendances. Where did the sense of entitlement (on a Govan scale) come from? 

I've only ever supported Accies so I'm no expert on other clubs social media activity and I spend little time on other teams forums but I've never seen such negativity or vicious criticism from within a fan base as with Accies - all at a time of relative success for the club. 

We were shaky in the first half and Bingham was outstanding for Hamilton and easily the best player of the first 45 minutes, totally exposed Hughes' lack of pace.

After the goal I thought we dominated and the second half was as good a second half away performance as I can remember for the last couple for seasons and I'd put that down to 75% superb attacking by us and 25% Hamilton capitulation. Not sure what happened to Hamilton but they shat themselves everytime we hit the edge of the box and we actually took advantage of it. Unlike last season we played some nice passes on the edge of the box and then a actually put in a decent ball, helped by Uche, Naismith and Morrison.

McLean isn't going to be a game changer but he's smart as f**k off the ball and reads the game brilliantly. I can't decide whether it's worth sticking with this winning partnership or putting Lafferty on against Celtic (who wasn't a patch on Uche or McLean when he came on).

Really enjoying the singing section tbh and think it makes a difference to the atmosphere. If they cut out a couple of brutal party songs then it could create a good racket at home and away matches.

Not wanting to get carried away or that but Uche is the greatest player in Scottish Premiership history and we're going to win the league.

3 hours ago, yummy fur said:

1100 home fans (with a good few Hearts fans in the Accies end) is dreadful for a season opener and there is little doubt that Canning must take some of the blame - I'm reasonably certain that if he hadn't kept us up for the past 3 seasons and we were playing Alloa today in the Championship we would have seen a larger home support.

Another factor is the unceasing negativity from within our support - it's killing the club slowly, eating away and driving any potential new support away to other clubs. As any bar, restaurant or hotel will tell you negativity is contagious and bad reviews on Trip Advisor can quickly finish a business, likewise a section of support who have nothing good to say about Accies who season after season predict doom and gloom while revelling in every defeat can only negatively affect attendances. Where did the sense of entitlement (on a Govan scale) come from? 

I've only ever supported Accies so I'm no expert on other clubs social media activity and I spend little time on other teams forums but I've never seen such negativity or vicious criticism from within a fan base as with Accies - all at a time of relative success for the club. 

An excellent post which sums up my feelings to a tee. Go on Acciesworld to see a poster who's every post is a dig at the club, an absolute roaster, who revels in negativity. 

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

An excellent post which sums up my feelings to a tee. Go on Acciesworld to see a poster who's every post is a dig at the club, an absolute roaster, who revels in negativity. 

Aye that's right, its posters on AcciesWorld that are responsible for Accies being unable to defend corners or free kicks or crosses or throw ins or...………..well just defend really !!   Jeeso.

And if every Accies-minded poster online could please stop, think and realise that if they were unfailingly positive, uncritical and never, ever, referred to anything resembling an accurate reflection of the honking pile of poo we often watch on the pitch, then we would have 40,000 home season ticket holders and a waiting list for those precious Champions League tickets !!!

For people of a less cynical nature, can I introduce those amongst my Accies supporting chums who think justifiable criticism of Martin Canning is merely a plot to stop football from realising he is worthy of elevation to sainthood, to my cousin Prince Bringo of Nigeria, who only needs one thousand of your Scottish pounds paid into his bank account  to trigger a NigeriaLotto win of$43,000,000,000. He's legit. Honest. Ask Canzo if you don't believe me...………………………...

14 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I would be surprised and disappointed if they didn't.

Archived