St Mirren v Dundee @ The Simpleton Arena

33 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Dundee are arguably the weakest side in this league and any other team we allow a 20 minute period of domination against us will take the advantage and close us out.

McCann has had years to mould his squad but what he put on that pitch yesterday is grade A relegation fodder.

16 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

If you want to get angry get angry at your manager who has assembled a team that really should have done much much better against us.

"weakest side in this league", "relegation fodder", but "should have done much better against us".

Something doesn't compute, there.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jacksgranda said:

"weakest side in this league", "relegation fodder", but "should have done much better against us".

Something doesn't compute, there.

It should, considering you literally edited out the rest of the quote to make your point. Try reading rather than deleting, that'll probably do it.. ;)

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

It should, considering you literally edited out the rest of the quote to make your point. Try reading rather than deleting, that'll probably do it.. ;)

That makes as little sense as your original two posts.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

That makes as little sense as your original two posts.

Keep at it lad, I'm sure it'll make sense to you in the end.

If you genuinely don't understand then, really, there's nothing else I can do unless you want me to explain it in simple bullet points. Is that what you need?

24 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Are they online anywhere? I've yet to see any replays other than Hamilton chucking it, in the most hilarious manner. I want to see the Dundee lad's goal, I only caught part of it at the time and everyone is saying what a peach it is.

Edit: Fun fact, P&B doesn't allow me to quote your emojis.

Just watched the highlights on Dee TV so not seen the whole game. Will maybe watch back at some point.

Kerr and Hamilton both to blame for the goal. Kerr’s backpass was brutal but from there Hamilton just has to clear his lines. Can say what you want about McCanns “style” but there’s not a chance he’s ever advocating the keeper trying to take players on like that.

I still think Mendy could be a decent striker, his movement is really good and gets into such good positions the goals SHOULD come.

Good to hear Elton and Kharl getting plaudits, think both will be big players this season.

Curran continues to impress at RB, his ball in on the volley in the second half was a peach.

Caulker strolls it.

Moussa penalty seemed a decent one on the replays but it’s a good save from the keeper, who also made a good point blank save from Mendy.

Overall I’m still not hugely concerned for the season ahead. Dundee looked decent but it’s the same old story regarding stupid mistakes and missed chances.

Said for a while we’re another striker and LB away from having a decent squad. Shankland 2 goals yesterday won’t half add a little bit extra to the potential fee.

Just watched it. It was not all bad. But we have to be clinical and take responsibility on playing from the back. Hamilton's gift was also due to the tactic imposed by the manager and the inability to take the right decision- either Kerr or Hamilton should have belted it.

But get a left back quickly, poor Cammy looks in terrible scary land there.

Are they online anywhere? I've yet to see any replays other than Hamilton chucking it, in the most hilarious manner. I want to see the Dundee lad's goal, I only caught part of it at the time and everyone is saying what a peach it is.

Edit: Fun fact, P&B doesn't allow me to quote your emojis.

Seen on sky sports news

I now know why I missed the Dundee goal as there wasn't much build up to it, more a reaction shot. Still it was a sweet strike.
Oh, and for others, here is the second goal in glorious gif format...

NsNxJg0.gif&key=aa8928ed6d537e441bb38bbd90a6c38630d529043529a881f2295d228164d6b5
Tbf I would have fucking pished my pants had a opponents gk did that.

Although I reckon our strikers would still have fucked it up.

Just now, kevthedee said:

Tbf I would have fucking pished my pants had a opponents gk did that.

Although I reckon our strikers would still have fucked it up.

It looked bad at the game. It looks worse in video as you know what's about to happen.

Your lot had the chance to punish us, and just didn't take it. Moussa's penalty and any Mendy effort could have given you room to allow a mistake.

I'd said this before the league started that this game was very important to us as we have both sets of the OF within the first 5 games, interspersed with yourselves, Hamilton and Livi. I would love us to be top 6 but those three and ourselves are the most likely candidates to be within the relegation dogfight. Thankfully for both of us, Hamilton took a hounding and looked pretty poor by all accounts too.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Like already said a left back and a striker is a must.

If you have the money and he's willing to come, I would suggest going in for Liam Smith. Untested to an extent at this level, he was superb for us in the Championship and looks definitely capable of playing in the Premiership with no great problem.

He's been told he can leave by Levein, and I'd love him to come back to us, but if you are looking for a left back..

45 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

....Kerr and Hamilton both to blame for the goal. Kerr’s backpass was brutal but from there Hamilton just has to clear his lines. Can say what you want about McCanns “style” but there’s not a chance he’s ever advocating the keeper trying to take players on like that...

Kerr is closed down by the St Mirren attacker - presumably because they have been briefed to do that as we will always  try to play it out from the back.  They will also know Kerr is less comfortable on the left.

Kerr could have punted it long down the line with his left foot but he is not left footed (why is he playing left back?).  Kerr would have been slated for doing that so he plays a pass back which Hamilton could easily have cleared with his left foot.  Don’t know enough about Hamilton yet to know if he is comfortable clearing with both feet, although given the style of play McCann wants and the fact he paid good money for Hamilton you can only assume Hamilton is good clearing with both feet.

Bottom line is if both players weren’t concerned about the possibility of losing possession that goal would never have happened.

IMHO a team is best when it is unpredictable.  We are very predictable and against a well drilled team that will cost us. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Shut it, you wánk Steve Jobs.8)

He was just the salesman. A good one mind you. Steve Wozniak was the guy.

Any-fcuking-way....

2-1 the Darling Buddies of Dismay. Bring on the Sevco.

Archived