The Big Kick-Off

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The top 16 from the 3 conferences this year will be in top EoSFL league at tier 6. What happens with the other 23 and the sides who choose to join next year will no doubt be thrashed out once the numbers are known. As existing members of the EoSFL you would guess most of the 23 (and many of the top 16) would want the new clubs starting at the bottom. But it's a case of wait and see.

Same scenario as this year where juniors teams join the eosfl at tier 7 no different to this year

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Black & Red Socks said:

I would like to think, and it really is all dependent on numbers as it’s unknown how many - if any? - will apply to join for next season, that an EoSFL ‘First Division’ is created at Tier 7 under the 16 team ‘Premier Division’ at Tier 6 with the remaining sides and new applicants making up Tier 8, a Tier that could be regionalised if numbers permit. I really can’t imagine there will be the appetite for another conference style season after the rightful need for it in this unique, transitionary season.

They've already said tier 7 will be regional 

Greenhorn put it out in one of the papers 
It's not been decided and it's up to the club's anyway. It depends on a whole lot of unknown factors the main one being how many clubs will join next season, how many promoted, how many relegated from LL.

That was the answer given on Monday night when the question was asked.

2 hours ago, ian44wood said:

The remaining juniors that may decide to come over at the end of this season should rightly be placed at the bottom.

They had the chance to move and stayed put.

Why should the teams that moved for season 2018/2019 be penalized by being put in  conference leagues for another year.

I tend to agree with that, I think they should look to form two divisions of 16 with the remaining clubs joining with the newcomers (assuming there are some) to make up tier 8 in some form.  I'm just saying that anything is possible at the moment, you wont get a clear answer until probably 31 March next year.

It is pretty pointless debating this particular question until the spring. It's known that the top 5s, plus any top-ups, will form a new Premier Division. It's simple maths to observe that leaves 23 clubs, variable by 1 or 2 due to promotion/relegation from LL: that's too many for 1 division, but maybe too small for 2 divisions (though not perhaps for 2 conferences if did interconference matches).

However there are 18 clubs south of the Tay in what remains of the East Juniors; and an undeterminable figure of ambitious amateurs, like Sygenta; and even the possibility of some outliers, like Clydebank - some of those may want to join. Until there's an idea of the viable applicants then, like this season, you've really got little idea whether you've enough for 2 divisions... or 3 conferences/3 divisions. If divisions not conferences it could be North & South, or First & Second... or North & Central & South, or First + Second North & Second South, or First + Second + Third?!?!

All that is worth adding is the factual observation you can only have tier 8 by having tier 7. You could only do that for 2019-20 by relegating (roughly) the bottom 3 in each current conference into it, which would be unexpected or retrospective, whereas the top 5s = Premier Division was forewarned.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It is pretty pointless debating this particular question until the spring. It's known that the top 5s, plus any top-ups, will form a new Premier Division. It's simple maths to observe that leaves 23 clubs, variable by 1 or 2 due to promotion/relegation from LL: that's too many for 1 division, but maybe too small for 2 divisions (though not perhaps for 2 conferences if did interconference matches).

However there are 18 clubs south of the Tay in what remains of the East Juniors; and an undeterminable figure of ambitious amateurs, like Sygenta; and even the possibility of some outliers, like Clydebank - some of those may want to join. Until there's an idea of the viable applicants then, like this season, you've really got little idea whether you've enough for 2 divisions... or 3 conferences/3 divisions. If divisions not conferences it could be North & South, or First & Second... or North & Central & South, or First + Second North & Second South, or First + Second + Third?!?!

All that is worth adding is the factual observation you can only have tier 8 by having tier 7. You could only do that for 2019-20 by relegating (roughly) the bottom 3 in each current conference into it, which would be unexpected or retrospective, whereas the top 5s = Premier Division was forewarned.

Bottom 2 in each conference would be guaranteed to make up a 8th Tier. If there's only one promotion spot available I believe these are the permutations.

image.thumb.png.321257541145e8d29a2812736076f04e.png

Bottom 2 in each conference would be guaranteed to make up a 8th Tier. If there's only one promotion spot available I believe these are the permutations.
image.thumb.png.321257541145e8d29a2812736076f04e.png
Good work, that's the type of discussion that needs to take place. Around 24 clubs won't be in the top division next season but don't yet know what they are playing for.

I understand the reasons given ie uncertainty over promotion, relegation and new applicants, but certain scenarios can be agreed now so clubs know what to expect.

It probably won't be popular if another season of transition is what comes to fruition at tier 7 level in order to accommodate Junior clubs who refused to move this season.

They should do a regional split next season and if there are enough at level 7 for 3 leagues look to move to 1-1-2 for the season after much in the same way as this year.
I don't think it would be fair to relegate the old EOS clubs 2 tiers on the basis of one bad season (whether level 8 is their true level or not).
There is absolutely no need for regionisation in an already relatively small area, that creates imbalance. Who says the original EoS clubs will fall to tier 8?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
4 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:
They should do a regional split next season and if there are enough at level 7 for 3 leagues look to move to 1-1-2 for the season after much in the same way as this year.
I don't think it would be fair to relegate the old EOS clubs 2 tiers on the basis of one bad season (whether level 8 is their true level or not).

There is absolutely no need for regionisation in an already relatively small area, that creates imbalance. Who says the original EoS clubs will fall to tier 8?

Not necessary but are local derbies not preferred? 

Do the results yesterday not indicate that the original EOS clubs are likely to struggle in their leagues?

21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Good work, that's the type of discussion that needs to take place. Around 24 clubs won't be in the top division next season but don't yet know what they are playing for.

I understand the reasons given ie uncertainty over promotion, relegation and new applicants, but certain scenarios can be agreed now so clubs know what to expect.

It probably won't be popular if another season of transition is what comes to fruition at tier 7 level in order to accommodate Junior clubs who refused to move this season.

I think it's largely going to be down to how the teams in the bottom feel about it, over any feeling towards clubs coming in. If the 11th-13th placed teams are on the end of hidings most weeks they might prefer the extra step down to avoid another year of that.

Just now, never been to scotland said:

Not necessary but are local derbies not preferred? 

Do the results yesterday not indicate that the original EOS clubs are likely to struggle in their leagues?

Take my clubs example, there are 12 clubs in a 15 mile radius of us, 2 EoS the rest Junior, if those remaining Juniors moved to the EoS we could be faced with a "West Lothian" regional league which would be stronger than others and we wouldn't travel further than our own shadow. That isn't healthy, if you've never been to Scotland you perhaps dont understand the geography.

The original EoS clubs will struggle to compete at the top end, that doesn't neccesarilly mean they'll all fall to the bottom.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Take my clubs example, there are 12 clubs in a 15 mile radius of us, 2 EoS the rest Junior, if those remaining Juniors moved to the EoS we could be faced with a "West Lothian" regional league which would be stronger than others and we wouldn't travel further than our own shadow. That isn't healthy, if you've never been to Scotland you perhaps dont understand the geography.

The original EoS clubs will struggle to compete at the top end, that doesn't neccesarilly mean they'll all fall to the bottom.

Anyone can look at a map. You're assuming all of those clubs would end up in the regional league. In reality it'd be a lot less and a wider area would be covered in a north/south split at level 8. 

2 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

I think most would of expected that for the majority of clubs that made up the original EOS. Look at how Craigroyston and Easthouses did during their recent stints in the East Juniors. The year Easthouses moved they had lost out on the EoS Championship on goal difference and yet they didn't do much of note.

The former East Super/Premier clubs should be far too strong for the majority of the old EoS teams. The South Division v. original EoS will be interesting to see over the season.

End of the day it's football so there will be the odd upset to keep everyone on their toes.

1 minute ago, never been to scotland said:

Anyone can look at a map. You're assuming all of those clubs would end up in the regional league. In reality it'd be a lot less and a wider area would be covered in a north/south split at level 8. 

Fair enough if you're proposing a regional split further down, we were discussing what would happen at tier 7 next season and I dont think there's any demand for regionalisation at that level.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Fair enough if you're proposing a regional split further down, we were discussing what would happen at tier 7 next season and I dont think there's any demand for regionalisation at that level.

I just think if there is to be another transition season (to a 1-1-2 structure) it may as well be done regionally rather than by another seeded draw.  

5 minutes ago, never been to scotland said:

I just think if there is to be another transition season (to a 1-1-2 structure) it may as well be done regionally rather than by another seeded draw.  

A seeded draw provides a fair and balanced league, regionalisation doesn't, that's why it was seeded this season.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

A seeded draw provides a fair and balanced league, regionalisation doesn't, that's why it was seeded this season.

Would it really be that imbalanced once the best clubs have been taken out of the equation? Any small differences in quality would be sorted out at level 7 the following season (especially if 4 were to go down).

Archived