Dundee v Ayr Utd

The Master

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Girth said:

Sorry mate. I got intimidated by the Ayr United juggernaut.

Will try harder next time.

Thank you.

Understandable. 

Kind regards

We'll fucking murder Ayr, but equally, we won't score and we will concede but by f**k will we look good doing it. Just that we'll still have an utter haddy like Moussa up top. 

On 05/08/2018 at 18:34, callum-ayr said:

1. Dundee wouldn’t be able to afford the fee to get Shankland.

2. Shankland has no interest in going to Dundee and that’s 100% from him. 

A football player from any football club would definitely tell a random fan of said club if he wanted to leave. Definitely. 

On 05/08/2018 at 19:38, callum-ayr said:

They’ve completely stretched his comments. There’s only 2 or 3 clubs in Scotland he’d leave for at this moment in time and obviously if a decent sized English club come in it’s a different story. It’s not a dig at Dundee in any way. He’s already turned down Hamilton and Livi who are similar stature to Dundee in terms of where they’ll finish this season and apparently knocked back Hearts. He won’t have signed a deal with Ayr 2 months ago, on less money than what he was offered elsewhere, to then force a move in August. He wants to be here.

Of course he wants to go as far as he can and play at the highest possible level, but this season here will help him get there.

Any 5-0 Ayr :rolleyes:

No one is saying he's going to try and force a move. If any team comes in and offers to multiply his wages by X amount, he'll be offski. That's the way it works no matter how much you try and romanticise is. 

On 05/08/2018 at 22:53, Thumper said:

While it shouldn't mean anything given the rotation of personnel, in the last decade Ayr have beaten over half the teams currently in the SPL. And this is by some distance the most cohesive and positive-minded Ayr side in that entire period.

Also yes, I'm certain that Lawrence Shankland wants to lose the goodwill of the club that revived his career to sit this game out as he's cup-tied so he can try to slot into some mediocre yo-yo club in the poxy SPL whose ambition this season is the lofty height of ninth place.

:lol: "Goodwill".

"Hi Lawrence, would you like to treble your wages from £800pw to £2400?"

"No thanks, I don't want to lose the goodwill of Thumper off the internet".

If I was an Ayr fan, I'd be hoping that Shankland doesn't have a great game because if he does I can see you getting offered some of the £1.2m Jack Hendry money the next day. 

Dundee 0 Ayr 3 (Shankland 1, 8, 90+3)

41 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A football player from any football club would definitely tell a random fan of said club if he wanted to leave. Definitely. 

No one is saying he's going to try and force a move. If any team comes in and offers to multiply his wages by X amount, he'll be offski. That's the way it works no matter how much you try and romanticise is. 

:lol: "Goodwill".

"Hi Lawrence, would you like to treble your wages from £800pw to £2400?"

"No thanks, I don't want to lose the goodwill of Thumper off the internet".

If I was an Ayr fan, I'd be hoping that Shankland doesn't have a great game because if he does I can see you getting offered some of the £1.2m Jack Hendry money the next day. 

Dundee 0 Ayr 3 (Shankland 1, 8, 90+3)

Shankland has already went on record when re-signing saying he could have more than doubled his wages elsewhere, but opted to stay.

I hope that Shankland is able to keep a few of your players occupied as, while he is a devilishly good goal scorer, he is by no means the only threat that we have going forward.

Should be a good, end to end game. Proper cup tie.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Shankland has already went on record when re-signing saying he could have more than doubled his wages elsewhere, but opted to stay.

Fair enough, but if it was Dundee Utd you can see where he was coming from. 

Sounds like he has a lack of ambition and is a loser just like Rory McAllister.

9 minutes ago, K.T said:

Sounds like he has a lack of ambition and is a loser just like Rory McAllister.

If he lacked ambition he'd have went to shite like yourselves, as it is, he'll be hoping to play himself down to England this season.

If he lacked ambition he'd have went to shite like yourselves, as it is, he'll be hoping to play himself down to England this season.

At no point have I wanted him to be a Dundee player. And I suspect McCann thankfully feels the same way or he would be one. We’ve already got El Bak on our books who is a superior form of diddy not cut out for the top league.

1 minute ago, K.T said:

At no point have I wanted him to be a Dundee player. And I suspect McCann thankfully feels the same way or he would be one. We’ve already got El Bak on our books who is a superior form of diddy not cut out for the top league.

Nah, McCann doesn't want to pay the fee required to prise him away from Somerset, you'll not need him, you've already got some hotshots on your books.

Nah, McCann doesn't want to pay the fee required to prise him away from Somerset, you'll not need him, you've already got some hotshots on your books.

Shankland would add nothing to our squad so I’m glad we didn’t consider paying a fee for him. If he had ambition then he would have signed for a premiership club. To test/ prove himself at a higher level and get himself a decent transfer in future. Although maybe he wants to see if he can make the step up to the Scottish championship first. Where do you see him getting a move from Ayr? Non-league in England?

9 minutes ago, K.T said:

Shankland would add nothing to our squad so I’m glad we didn’t consider paying a fee for him. If he had ambition then he would have signed for a premiership club. To test/ prove himself at a higher level and get himself a decent transfer in future. Although maybe he wants to see if he can make the step up to the Scottish championship first. Where do you see him getting a move from Ayr? Non-league in England?

I'm confident he'll move down south for a decent wage, he's already improved considerably from last season, the goals only add some gloss to what he's bringing to the team.

On 30/07/2018 at 16:00, Chateau Lafite said:

I can't remember the last time I saw Ayr United at Dens. So I'll be pleased to go along and see how they score goals given the plethora that they whacked in last season, and already in the league Cup. The all attacking philosophy should mean that Ayr are vulnerable on the break and I hope that will suit us. Most definitely think that this is not an easy tie.

(Last time I saw Ayr in Dundee was at Thomson Park in a very muddy Scottish Cup draw against Lochee United. )

Muddy, they drained the pitch and harvested the rice after the final whistle.

On 13/08/2018 at 14:25, ayrmad said:

I'm confident he'll move down south for a decent wage, he's already improved considerably from last season, the goals only add some gloss to what he's bringing to the team.

I don’t think Shankland is anywhere near Premiership class. It’s one thing scoring against part time league one teams and another to score regular in the top division.  If he does do well though in the Champoinship over half a season till January then some team in the Premiership may take him on a pre contract.

I don’t think Shankland is anywhere near Premiership class. It’s one thing scoring against part time league one teams and another to score regular in the top division.  If he does do well though in the Champoinship over half a season till January then some team in the Premiership may take him on a pre contract.

How often have you watched him play in the past year?

Archived