Dundee v Ayr Utd

The Master

Buzzing for this one, Never been to Dens Park so will be the 2nd ground in a week I’ll be scoring off.

We are no doubts the underdogs here but if we play the way we did against Thistle and ICT then we have a real chance of causing an upset. Play like we did against Queens Park and we’ll probably get rogered by 7. 

Team wise I’d go: 

In my opinion our best 18 when everyone is fit at the moment is 

Doohan

Smith Rose Adams Harvie 

Forrest Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Geggan, Bell, Docherty, McGuffie, McDaid, Moore

Dundee 1-2 Ayr United. Shankland to score the winner and reveal a f**k the derry t-shirt. 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee play nice football but they are pretty toothless up front.

Think we’ll line up like so

Doohan

Smith
Adams
Rose
Harvie

Forrest
Murdoch
Kerr
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

Subs
Hare-Reid, Geggan, Bell, Docherty, McGuffie, McDaid, Moore

1-0 Ayr with Shankland scoring.

Many fans do we reckon we will take up here sat .400 ? 

Also dundee fans are flags allowed at your stadia? .heard stewards can be very strict .do not  want to have to carry  a flag around with me and not be able to hang it up .

Also reckon shankland will score. 1 each .ayr to qualify

Think you'll be ok with a flag bud,the Bobby Cox stand has several draped over the barriers as you walk through the entrance.The Bob Shankly stand which I think will house the Ayr fans is a mirror image of the Coxy so it shouldn't be a problem. Then again if your put in the main stand could be a problem.

I would have thought we could take up about 600 or am I being too optimistic? I mean there is 3 buses at least going up. Never been to dens but hope we're behind the goal and not crammed in the side of the stand.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Play like we did against Queens Park and we’ll probably get rogered by 7.  

:lol:

Our forward line is an embarrassment and even if you don't turn up we'll not win by more than a couple of goals. Brechin looked like one of the worst teams to ever play here last month and we couldn't score more than 2. 

9 hours ago, Panda Pies said:

Where's best for parking?

Court St, plenty of side streets off it for parking and a 2-5 minute walk to the ground. My mate stays on Melrose Terrace (the end of Sandeman st), says his street is always packed whenever there is a game on. 

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dundee play nice football but they are pretty toothless up front.

Think we’ll line up like so

Doohan

Smith
Adams
Rose
Harvie

Forrest
Murdoch
Kerr
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

Subs
Hare-Reid, Geggan, Bell, Docherty, McGuffie, McDaid, Moore

1-0 Ayr with Shankland scoring.

They play some mighty good football but, you are right about being toothless up front (thankfully) 

12 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Many fans do we reckon we will take up here sat .400 ? 

Also dundee fans are flags allowed at your stadia? .heard stewards can be very strict .do not  want to have to carry  a flag around with me and not be able to hang it up .

Also reckon shankland will score. 1 each .ayr to qualify

The stewards are fine up there. They don't bother about you hanging your flags etc. 

9 hours ago, Panda Pies said:

Where's best for parking?

I've gotten a ticket on some of the side streets up there and, seen many others get them too. I'd suggest you don't park too close to the ground  

The last couple of time I've been up there I've parked in Fairfield Rd, never got any tickets up there. 

This +1.

I got a ticket that last time we came up to Dundee. Won the appeal mind on the basis that the restrictions were so poorly marked but it was a right pain in the  arse.

You can't go on the basis of cars being parked there so it's all right - they record what is already parked before the restrictions go in place on the streets near the ground and then place a few cones around and expect you to figure it out. No notices attached to any street furniture to tell folk what's what. Basically a bunch of fraudulent but incompetent (as the ticket didn't stick)  b*****ds.  

Thanks for the tip about the indoor market - didn't know about it and looks decent compromise.

This should be a good guide to where we actually are as a team this season.

The early signs of cuffing Thistle twice (including totally dominating them at Somerset) and achieving a draw at Inverness (with only 10 men for over an hour), would suggest that we have absolutely nothing to fear from a visit to Dens. 

Let's just hope that the Dundee players are taking us as lightly as some of their fans on here......................

32 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This should be a good guide to where we actually are as a team this season.

The early signs of cuffing Thistle twice (including totally dominating them at Somerset) and achieving a draw at Inverness (with only 10 men for over an hour), would suggest that we have absolutely nothing to fear from a visit to Dens. 

Let's just hope that the Dundee players are taking us as lightly as some of their fans on here......................

I'd be delighted with a draw against a side you would imagine will be in the battle for 6th in the league above especially if we can grab a goal or two along the way. 
A win would obviously be alot better given the added financial boost we'll get. 

Looking forwards to see Moff back in action his contribution was sorely missed the other night, he's that one piece of the jigsaw that just makes us tick. 

56 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Is the independence march near the stadium? just for parking and stuff.

No it's starting a fair distance away from the ground and they're travelling towards the city centre which isn't near enough to Dens to be impacted (you'd assume)

Just avoid driving through the town because it looks like they're shutting a lot of roads off and it should be fine. 

Archived