Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Israel obviously has no agency or responsibility whilst carrying out this slaughter...

You are not responding to what I am actually writing. I have stated repeatedly now that I am opposed to both Likud and Hamas for Richard Dawkins type reasons, think both sides need to stop firing missiles at each other, think both sides need to stop voting in extremists, and think both sides need to start seriously negotiating a lasting two-state solution on close to 1967 borders as per UN resolutions.

18 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Anyway, I’m hearing people have been doing anti-Semitic tropes towards the president of the United Arab Emirates Skeikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nhayan, a Jewish man.

Perhaps I'm being dim here but were they not purposefully mocking him with such stereotypes to basically say he's a jew? 

I saw that video you posted before, tragic stuff, I can't even imagine what that would be like, especially when you think back to being 10 and having positive idyllic typical childhood memories. 

The thing that alarms me is seeing people in the UK getting so far involved like some of the more sour stuff posted . I fully agree with the idea Israel is the side that should 100% show more constraint and are illegally occupying and have blockaded the Palestinian people. The argument shouldn't be framed as an even sided conflict but I'm also absolutley scunnered as to any possible solutions. 

Edited by Stormzy

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Perhaps I'm being dim here but were they not purposefully mocking him with such stereotypes to basically say he's a jew? 

I saw that video you posted before, tragic stuff, I can't even imagine what that would be like, especially when you think back to being 10 and having positive idyllic typical childhood memories. 

The thing that alarms me is seeing people in the UK getting so far involved like some of the more sour stuff posted . I fully agree with the idea Israel is the side that should 100% show more constraint and are illegally occupying and have blockaded the Palestinian people. The argument shouldn't be framed as an even sided conflict but I'm also absolutley scunnered as to any possible solutions. 

Depends who you ask, I think. Some are saying that they’re saying he’s a Jew because he normalised relations with Israel so it’s anti Semitic, others are saying they’re having a go at him because of his role in decimating Yemen.

I would say the hooked nose is a bit suspect but then again there’s a lot of people who are absolutely desperate to read the worst possible intentions of anything to do with Corbyn or the pro-Palestinian side so f**k knows. 

14 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I think people like Dan Hodges will take whatever's the worst possible interpretation they can get because we've spent 5+ years telling racists and fascists that they're anti-racists for opposing a genuinely progressive political party.

Edited by NotThePars

23 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You are not responding to what I am actually writing. I have stated repeatedly now that I am opposed to both Likud and Hamas for Richard Dawkins type reasons, think both sides need to stop firing missiles at each other, think both sides need to stop voting in extremists, and think both sides need to start seriously negotiating a lasting two-state solution on close to 1967 borders as per UN resolutions.

One side has vastly greater capacity to facilitate that solution. Do you agree or disagree?

I think the leadership on both sides has completely and utterly failed them. They need a youth based cross border movement aligned to neither Islam or Judaism and aligned to neither Israel or Palestine but just aligned to equality and working out a solution. That would be a start that they could build on and would gain momentum.

They need to completely ditch all the international idiot supporters on both sides too.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I really hope this one has some back story. Absolutley mental to imagine this happening in the UK. 

Nearly as bad as a whole city being "smashed up" and innocent people being terrorised by a rampaging band of low life thugs and nutters on the back of winning a football match................

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Nearly as bad as a whole city being "smashed up" and innocent people being terrorised by a rampaging band of low life thugs and nutters on the back of winning a football match................

x300.jpg

37 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

They need to completely ditch all the international idiot supporters on both sides too.

Aye the best thing for the Palestinians would be to forego all the international support and hope Israel will go easy on them.

58 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

One side has vastly greater capacity to facilitate that solution. Do you agree or disagree?

What a bizarre question. Can only assume he's desperate to find some way to portray me as pro-Israeli even after writing about how rewarding the original Zionist land grab with a two-state solution is ideologically unpalatable but pragmatically necessary. There won't be peace until both sides stop using violence and keep their extremists marginalised rather than voted into power. It inherently takes two to tango on that.

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What a bizarre question. Can only assume he's desperate to find some way to portray me as pro-Israeli even after writing about how rewarding the original Zionist land grab with a two-state solution is ideologically unpalatable but pragmatically necessary. There won't be peace until both sides stop using violence and keep their extremists marginalised rather than voted into power. It inherently takes two to tango on that.

Why are you talking about me in the third person when you've literally only quoted my post?

And people assume you're pro-Israeli because you wrote snide comments about the Palestinians being unwoke and have tried to both sides a pretty one-sided conflict for about 4 days now.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There won't be peace until both sides stop using violence and keep their extremists marginalised rather than voted into power.

Ok Hamas may be Islamic fundamentalists, but what else is going to work? other than what they're doing. Palestinians have been demonised to a majority of voters in Israel. So Israeli government's don't look likely to stop persueing a policy of near extermination any time soon.

The only thing that will end this is international intervention. And continued violence is the only thing I see as possible to keep the attention for that to happen.

26 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Ok Hamas may be Islamic fundamentalists, ...

...you know you are onto a winner when you start an argument with that as your opening gambit. The irony of what is happening right now is that when the Israelis were occupying the Gaza Strip back in the 1980s they actually actively fostered groups like Hamas to undermine Fatah and the PLO. The chickens have come home to roost on that one in a big way.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123275572295011847

Agree on the international intervention bit and a change in attitude in Washington is the key. Unfortunately that does not look at all likely.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Why are you talking about me in the third person when you've literally only quoted my post?

And people assume you're pro-Israeli because you wrote snide comments about the Palestinians being unwoke and have tried to both sides a pretty one-sided conflict for about 4 days now.

Were I to hypothetically have a username on a Scottish Football forum like LongTimeLurker, and hypothetically, were I to not want to be accused of being pro-Israeli during this discussion, I would simply stop white knighting the Israeli position any time it was criticised, simply stop delving in to false equivalency and whataboutery, and simply stop displaying utterly bizarre concern that a multi-billion dollar high-tech defense system - required predominantly due to consistent Israeli aggression - might fail at some point, when Palestinian children are being murdered daily at this exact moment.

That's just me though.

A complete misrepresentation of what I have posted. I think both sides need to stop firing missiles etc at each other, both sides need to stop voting extremists into power and both sides need to start seriously negotiating a lasting peaceful two state solution on close to 1967 borders as per UN resolutions. It takes two to tango on all of that.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

21 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A complete misrepresentation of what I have posted. I think both sides need to stop firing missiles etc at each other, both sides need to stop voting extremists into power and both sides need to start seriously negotiating a lasting peaceful two state solution on close to 1967 borders as per UN resolutions. It takes two to tango on all of that.

25 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

simply stop delving in to false equivalency