Amber Machine v The Killie Pies

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason we can't win this if we get a good performance, but Killie are a good side and I'm not sure if we'll have Sibbald back. De Vita will still be out and I'm pretty sure Hardie will still need another couple of weeks, but we should have Lamie back as an option anyway. 

Kelly; Lithgow, Halkett, Gallagher; Lawless, Pittman, Jacobs, Byrne, Kaja; Hamilton, L. Miller.

A bench of Stewart, Brown, Lamie, Saunders, Crane, Robinson, and K. Miller would give us good options to bring on if things aren't going our way. 

Gutted to be missing this one.  I've got a friend who's a Livi fan, and I was really keen to make it through for the first fixture after the way you guys performed last season.

In terms of the game itself, I feel we've got to be confident of a win.  If we're serious about improving on our points total from last season and having a real tilt at trying to compete at the top end of the table, then these are the kind of fixtures in which we can't really afford to drop points.  In all honesty, however, all I've seen of Livingston in recent seasons is last seasons playoff final, and a five minute highlights package from Saturday's game at Parkhead, so it's impossible to match the two sides up to one another really.

I always fancy Kilmarnock to score now, but I also reckon there will be a great deal more for our defence to deal with than a toothless St Johnstone served up on Saturday (wouldn't be hard) - hopefully we're equal to it.

Looking forward to it, never been to this ground so another off the list, hopefully bring a 1000 plus away fans and get a good bit of momentum going, heard its no really got any decent pubs nearby, any decent pub suggestions from any of the livi fans ?

2 hours ago, Killie87 said:

Looking forward to it, never been to this ground so another off the list, hopefully bring a 1000 plus away fans and get a good bit of momentum going, heard its no really got any decent pubs nearby, any decent pub suggestions from any of the livi fans ?

Pub open under the main stand for all fans, we've got the food creations bar&food round the back of the south stand too. Not too far up the road Wetherspoons is in the shopping centre and you've got the Lime Kiln just on the main boulevard up from the stadium

I think Killie will be somewhere between 5th to 7th so not one of the teams we will be looking to get above, but still a game we can get something from, would be fantastic to even just get a point on the board.

Would like to see Lee Miller and Jack Hamilton up front, until Hardie is back we're a bit light there but I think those two would be the best option. Bit of a gutter Sibbald is injured for this game, he was the best player in our Betfred cup games and was looking forward to seeing him in the league. 

What Steve Clarke has achieved with Kilmarnock is nothing short of phenomenal. All the superlatives have probably been dished out before, but in the context of how difficult a match this will be for us it's vital to point out that Killie garnered the second most points in the league since Clarke came in. I'd always be confident to a degree that we could get a result at home but I'd bite your hand off for a point the now. 

Hamilton or Robinson up front with Lee Miller for this one IMO, Kenny Miller drops too deep and we looked a far better outfit when we went for it on Saturday against Celtic. Gallagher and Kaja in particular looked a decent partnership down the right hand side.

This is certainly a better indication for us as to how we will do, that’s not to say this won’t be as tough a game though but we are closer to Killie than we are Celtic. 

First game at home back in the top league, crowd behind them here’s hoping we can get a positive result. 

I thought McMillan done well coming on Saturday, I also think Crane is available after suspension and will come in, i’d push Kaja forward at the point of a midfield triangle, think I’d go with :- 

Kelly, Crane, Gallagher, Halkett, Lamie, McMillan, Byrne, Pittman, Kaja, Miller, Miller 

I'd say our 'back 7' players are fairly settled just now, with only Findlay to come in for Boyd once he's fit. Clarke has a complete selection headache with having to choose 3 from Jones, Boyd, Erwin, Brophy and Ndjoli though, with Kiltie on the periphery as well.

Archived