St Johnstone vs. Dees, Saturday 25th August.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:
10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Michael Moore at his peak wouldn't be allowed near Shankland' boots.

Shankland couldn't handle the pressure of playing for the Dees.. he bottled it

I had to look at your stands last week, no wonder players are bottling it, it wasn't a pretty sight.

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The only one that's debatable is Hendry. Watt is proven better. Macmillan is proven better and Kane is proven better. Off you pop to the diddy league now, you're boring me.

You'd think they'd score more goals if they're that good, might need to improve your midfield.

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Who's this Shankland chap?

A 23yo striker whos scored 17 goals in 83 games in the Championship. 

Apparently hes worth six figures and is destined for better than the Scottish top flight.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently hes worth six figures and is destined for better than the Scottish top flight.

Doesn't sound very promising tbqhwy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Years ago :lol: prolific for some lower league team, hyped as a massive prospect, we paid a fee, and he scored about two goals for us before slinking back to the seaside where he spent the rest of his career. 

My original point was that Tommy Wright had a good record of getting the best out of players who were struggling elsewhere.

Regarding Shankland, i agree now paying a fee for him is daft, was getting carried away with the media hype.

He can run his contract down and end up as a fringe player for Grimsby or someone.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, another season with us will do him the world of good, he'll keep developing here then strut his stuff elsewhere next season, where I've no idea but it won't be at Dundee or St Johnstone.

Tell you what, when shanky the superstar packs his bags on deadline day for the nosebleed-heights of a bottom six relegation scrap, we'll loan you our lad Hendry to help ease the pain.

Everybody wins.

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

My original point was that Tommy Wright had a good record of getting the best out of players who were struggling elsewhere.

Take Moussa then.

As an outsider watching Dundee, I actually think you've got a fair few very good players. That group with better organisation and the likes of a Tony Watt up front and you'd definitely be pushing top six in my opinion.
McCann must have some decent contacts to get players in, you wonder if he'd be better suited to a DOF type role.
Finding quality strikers at our level is hard, Watt is the best we've had since Stevie May and we'll do well to get more than one season out of him sadly.  You'd think a player like Shankland would be well worth an improved bid for Dundee, depending on whether Ayr are looking for silly money.
Have to agree with this - McCann on the whole (bar Moussa has done well - it's how he is using the players that's the problem.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, he's destined for higher than the dregs of the Scottish top flight.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Worth noting Ayr haven’t been in the top flight since 1978, or to put that in to perspective, before even you were a teenager. 

I was watching them for 10 years by then, I watched them competing with the teams at the top when they actually were good teams in european terms, I couldn't give a rats arse what no marks think about Shankland, I watch him every week and until proven otherwise I'll stick with my high opinion of him.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I was watching them for 10 years by then, I watched them competing with the teams at the top when they actually were good teams in european terms, I couldn't give a rats arse what no marks think about Shankland, I watch him every week and until proven otherwise I'll stick with my high opinion of him.

This auld radge knows what he’s talking about. Or not. I have no frame of reference.

Archived